Edge of Darkness

Vicechic84

• Administrators

I'm in! I don't care about whatever problems Mel has had or whatever he's said to piss people off. I like his movies and I'll definitely go see this one!

Will be worth seeing. I remember watching the original BBCtv series in 1985, and it was compelling viewing. The themes and issues dealt with by the original series were very much a product of the time e.g Nuclear power, the Cold War, so it'll be interesting to see how the film plays out within a contempory context.

• 6 months later...
Will be worth seeing. I remember watching the original BBCtv series in 1985' date=' and it was compelling viewing. The themes and issues dealt with by the original series were very much a product of the time e.g Nuclear power, the Cold War, so it'll be interesting to see how the film plays out within a contempory context.[/quote']I bought the original on dvd a few months ago, haven't watched it yet. From what I've heard the remake with Mel was pretty good.Have to checkout both of them very soon.BBC's State of Play was excellent, have you seen it? The US Remake with Russell Crowe was okay. Ben Affleck was a poor choice for the Politican, nowhere near as great as David Morrisey was in the original.