The house of Tubbs

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

I remember reading a thread on that other website a long time ago (before the split) that mentioned that we never get to see Tubbs' house. We see the the interiors and exteriors of everybody else's house, even that of Castillo. But never Rico's. I've always thought this was the case until I rewatched the "Lost Madonna" the other night. It appears this was Rico's house, or at the very least that for his "Cooper" cover. I don't claim to have made a great discovery since it's plainly portrayed in the episode for anyone to see. I'm curious though if anyone else has ever been under the impression that we never got to see Rico's house, because I believe season 5 finally afforded us that opportunity. This may have been covered in another thread before and, if so, my apologies. On a side note I'm seriously enjoying re-watching season 5 right now. Aside from "Heap of Filth", which apart from the teaser is not a Vice episode, I genuinly love this season.

• Administrators

"Amen...Send Money" is the only one I know of that we see what appears to be his pad. He answers the phone and talks to the girl. I don't know of any others personally.

Guest neworder

Heap of Filth lol, good call, yes it's awful, and I too appreciate Season 5, I had been watched the end of Season 3 for the past few months for the episode discussions and it's been very weak and had tested me but I put on Fruit of the Poison Tree the other day and I remembered why I loved Miami Vice.As for the house in The Lost Madonna (another fantastic episode IMO) I always viewed it as a cover house for anyone to use rather than Tubbs' own house. Same could be said about Little Miss Dangerous in Season 2 where he takes Jackie to the safe house although they actually refer to it as the safe house whereas in The Lost Madonna they don't make it clear what the specific purpose of the house is!

I don't know if I'd want to conduct undercover vice operations at my own home. Crockett's boat is part of his cover, but he doesn't own it (although during, and after his divorce he does live there now, but he must have sold his real house when Caroline moved to Atlanta).

He sold what was left of the house after the shootout with the Argentinian. :p

(although during' date=' and after his divorce he does live there now, but he must have sold his real house when Caroline moved to Atlanta).[/quote']

He sold what was left of the house after the shootout with the Argentinian. :p

How much does a 300 round, bullet ridden house go for these days?:)

As Sonny Crockett has been living in it in the past, one could try to sell it to a Vice - Fan. :)I think one could get a nice amount of money for it, then. In todays newspaper, I´d read that someone had paid 5900 Pounds for one of Churchill´s cigar stubs.

Guest myonlyvice

I re-watched this episode three times, specifically just to get a handle on this question, and I say this is most likely Tubb's fulltime cover house and not just a safehouse like the one he used in "Little Miss Dangerous". Nobody in this episode ever refers to the place a safehouse like is done in other episodes. However, it is pretty sp****ly furnished. Odd perhaps for a fulltime residence with Tubbs. Scianti refers to it as "your turf" when working out the deal with Tubbs, though this does little to resolve the question. I may have overlooked something but I can't think of (another) instance in the series when a plain safehouse was used to conduct undercover deals and transactions. Rather this was done in a club, in a variety of outdoor locations or, very tellingly, at the undercover residence of Sonny- the St. Vitus Dance. I think we finally got to see a transaction at somebody else's undercover residence in season five. As far as "living" at one's undercover address, this has precedent throughout the series, primarily with Sonny on the Vitus, and therefore does not present a logical/practical problem. Until season 4 where else could Sonny have been living? We see the same thing with Gina elsewhere in season 5 when that present-bomb blows up that boy helping her with her groceries. That place was clearly identified as her undercover residence and she wouldn't be bringing groceries if she weren't living there at the time. Even if this was just Tubb's undercover residence and not his private home, at least we finally got learn a bit more about him. Comments?