Silver 38kv Scarab

blake505

• Administrators

Oodles of info about the Scarab in our glossary courtesy of Stinger390X.Is it the Kaama Special Edition? Go half way down the page there is a nice profile view of the silver one.Click ---? here

I have a 38KV Vice Edition....I think you are talking about the "Dark Grey" version instead of the Teal colored deck?There is one in Miami that is a hunk of junk-was in Germany, and the history or it is doubtful since the HIN (Hull Identfication Number) listed it built in 1989.I think there are only about 10-15 of us who have these boats. My sources from Wellcraft tell me they only built about 25-30 "Miami Vice Editions" so that would explain why you never see them that much for sale.I would visit the following websiteswww.seriousoffshore.comwww.offshoreonly.comwww.speedwake.comYou want to google "38KV Miami VIce" and you will find all kinds of stuff-my boat included.I love mine...and I won't sell....yet anyway!

post-135-13892963043744_thumb.jpg

Another guy who flips the radar arch backwards...YUK!Its a much older styling of boat with a larger windshield, and actually I do like that feature about the boat. The 87's and up had a smaller windscreen.The other thing is the picture is not very clear, but it looks to me like the grab rail goes around the perimeter of the hull and no the centre on this earlier model??? Anyone else verify this?

Another guy who flips the radar arch backwards...YUK!Its a much older styling of boat with a larger windshield' date=' and actually I do like that feature about the boat. The 87's and up had a smaller windscreen.The other thing is the picture is not very clear, but it looks to me like the grab rail goes around the perimeter of the hull and no the centre on this earlier model??? Anyone else verify this?[/quote']Wellcraft actually sold some with the ARCH backwards!That boat is the old 377 Scarab. The model before the KV.

Anyone on here know much about the Portofino or San Remo? I am looking at a San Remo to live aboard, it was the largest crusier Wellcraft made, plenty of room-two staterooms, two heads, large galley and salon. My hold up is most boats are FAR away from where I need them to be--and shipping one is NOT cheap!Stinger...your thouhts?--Sorry for the thread drift---

My friend here in Toronto has one on blocks. What a beauty! 14 foot beam and lots of sexy lines. The interior is very nice and yes, those things are HUGE!!!I don't think it's for sale, as it's his wifes boat, but he hasn't touched it in three years?!?!?!? I wonder if he will get it in the water this summer?They are great boats to live on. There is ample space. You just can't trailer the thing as it's too big for the roads.By the way I found a couple of cool pics of the Scarab. I thingk these pics are posted some place else on here, but what the heck...here they are again.

post-35-13892963044135_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892963044259_thumb.jpg

Cool stuff stinger' date=' how is your boat doing?[/quote']I found a new velvet drive transmission and it is being assembled as we speak. I should be in the water in May and have a great summer again cruising the lake.When I was at the boat show in Toronto two weeks ago I was wandering around the Mercury section. They had a nice display of a 700 HP engine with a number six drive and a five blade chopper screw. I asked the guy how much? Only about ninety thousand a peice.............................Ok ... multiply that by two...labour for installation.....sell my other stock 420's...take out a mortgage for these engines at 4%...........In my DREAMS!!!I have to win the lottery...no doubt!