VICE INFO YOU DIDN'T KNOW!

COOPER&BURNETT

Such great info! :clap: Thanks C&B!I've read all on my way to work; usually commuting is quite boring, but in this case my day started in a beautiful way. :thumbsup:(I knew I was doing the right thing when I bought my new cellphone: I can get connected to ws anytime, anywhere!)

Such great info! :clap: Thanks C&B!I've read all on my way to work; usually commuting is quite boring' date=' but in this case my day started in a beautiful way. :thumbsup:(I knew I was doing the right thing when I bought my new cellphone: I can get connected to ws anytime, anywhere!)[/quote']MIAMI VICE; Any time, ...All the time!:dance:

When practice shooting at Coral Gables Police Pistol Range while getting ready for her role as Gina Calabrese' date=' SAUNDRA SANTIAGO was able to get 24 out of 24 shots right in the target, 35 feet away shooting a Smith & Wesson Model 40 hammerless.38-special j-frame revolver. Police Sergeant Bob Hoelscher at the gun range said that her shooting display was better than some rookie cops![/quote']Sergeant Bob Hoelscher played the part of a cop in Miami Vice;)

Sergeant Bob Hoelscher played the part of a cop in Miami Vice;)

That's right!He was seen many times throughout the episodes, was a police advisor for the show, and had speaking parts. Actually, several Dade County police officers were police "extras" on the show.Good info, thanks DJAngel! :clap:

According to Director Rob Cohen, who directed DEFINITELY MIAMI, one goal of the episode was to push the boundaries of sexuality on television as far as he could take it. "Other than one shot of Arielle Dombasle's breasts, which the censors made me cut, the show went on the air as I shot it. It had more sexuality in it than anything I've ever seen on television. It broke all the ratings for the shows with a forty-three share."

Fantastic thread!The episode Free Verse was loosely based on Miguel Pinero.

According to Director Rob Cohen' date=' who directed DEFINITELY MIAMI, one goal of the episode was to push the boundaries of sexuality on television as far as he could take it. "Other than one shot of Arielle Dombasle's breasts, which the censors made me cut, the show went on the air as I shot it. It had more sexuality in it than anything I've ever seen on television. It broke all the ratings for the shows with a forty-three share."[/quote']There is a Sharon Stone Basic Instinct moment in that episode, not as explicit of course and you have to look closely.

Fantastic thread!.There is a Sharon Stone Basic Instinct moment in that episode' date=' not as explicit of course and you have to look closely.[/quote']Is that when she is on the bed wrapped in a robe? ;):happy:

Just have read the thread... very interesting stuff, thanks, everyone! :clap: Some of it I knew already, but most I didn't. Some stories are really amazing, like about how Olivia Brown took part in catching a bad guy, for example. :eek:Wish I could contribute something... but alas, I'm not such an expert as Cooper, for example... and don't have such great sources, I guess. :)By the way... concerning guest parts: does anyone know in which episode(s) DJ's father and stepmother were extras? :confused: I've read in one of the articles about him that they were going to be, and how they came to Miami for that purpose... but either the title of the episode wasn't mentioned or I forgot it.

Originally' date=' the only name for MICHAEL TALBOTT's character in the pilot episode was "SWITEK". Before the shooting began on the pilot, Michael Talbott, and John Diehl got together and between them, THEY came up with the first names, and backgrounds for thier characters. THEY came up with STANDLEY and LARRY, THEY created thier look and dress, THEY wrote thier fictional backgrounds, THEY decided that the characters went bowling and drank beer. THEY came up with the idea of the characters wearing Bowling shirts, golf shoes, and Hawaiian shirts.[/quote']Cool!:clap:
  • Like 1

Just have read the thread... very interesting stuff' date=' thanks, everyone! :clap: Some of it I knew already, but most I didn't. Some stories are really amazing, like about how Olivia Brown took part in catching a bad guy, for example. :eek:Wish I could contribute something... but alas, I'm not such an expert as Cooper, for example... and don't have such great sources, I guess. :)By the way... concerning guest parts: does anyone know in which episode(s) DJ's father and stepmother were extras? :confused: I've read in one of the articles about him that they were going to be, and how they came to Miami for that purpose... but either the title of the episode wasn't mentioned or I forgot it.[/quote']I would let her catch me!:o

Just have read the thread... very interesting stuff' date=' thanks, everyone! :clap: Some of it I knew already, but most I didn't. Some stories are really amazing, like about how Olivia Brown took part in catching a bad guy, for example. :eek:Wish I could contribute something... but alas, I'm not such an expert as Cooper, for example... and don't have such great sources, I guess. :)By the way... concerning guest parts: does anyone know in which episode(s) DJ's father and stepmother were extras? :confused: I've read in one of the articles about him that they were going to be, and how they came to Miami for that purpose... but either the title of the episode wasn't mentioned or I forgot it.[/quote']Forgot the name of the episode, but they were attending a wedding in the beginning of the episode, and I think the groom was murdered. Sonny & Rico were there, but I can't remember what episode:confused:

When PMT heard about the series, he went to a casting in New York. He was convinced to be the right actor to play Ricardo Tubbs, but they didn´t take him.But he wanted the role asolutely, and therefore he took a flight to Miami to go to another casting. There, he had to play a scene where he and DJ had to walk together into a room. That was the moment when the makers were sure that he really was the right man to play Ricardo Tubbs.EJO also applied for the role as Ricardo Tubbs.And MYKEL T. WILLIAMSON, is playing a chief in CSI New York now!

The main theme for MIAMI VICE was NOT written for the show, but existed BEFORE JAN was even hired for the show.The theme exists because according to JAN HAMMER, he just got his latest equipment, and wanted to push the boundries of what could be done to see what he could do. The end result is what eventually was chosen by MICHAEL MANN as the main theme. Jan played some of his stuff on cassettes at a meeting for MANN when he was asked to hear what he could do. The "theme" was one of those tracks, as was a few others that made it into the pilot episode.

Set decorator Bob Lacey got calls and tips from the crew and callers. One caller was from a local lady who said she had a housefull of furniture that VICE might want to use on the show. Bob went over to visit her, and was blown away!"I walked into her home and nearly died. I rented all her furniture. I took out her couch, her end tables these knicknacks she had that were just great." He said he just knew that there were hundreds of these old ladies that were just sittin' on the art deco furniture.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE this thread! It´s sooo interesting and I didn´t know most of the information you posted.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: