Nu Vice

Sonny6162

I thought I remembered seeing a similar thread that followed the premise to my intentions here, but to no avail, I couldn't find it anywhere. If someone knows where it is, just point it out and feel free to delete this one.That being said, having been born in 1984, I remember watching the later episodes of Vice with my Mom (a huge DJ fan), followed by somewhat catching up with the series through select VHS recordings, but I didn't get to truly enjoy the series in its entirity until the DVD's were released. Part of the reason I enjoyed the show so much was due in large part to its use of music cinematically. I'm sure you all will agree the music gave the series an edge over its counterparts, an attribute seen in nearly every show since its premature end.I'd like to propose something to you all that will hopefully create a well of discussion and sharing. Let's say the NBC execs decide to revisit the Vice universe and bring a new Vice to the air. Something that brings back the edge and cinematic flair to the small screen on a weekly basis, much like the original. I won't go into who the characters would be, or what the storylines would entail. Hell, if you'd prefer, base your inclusions and suggestions on the storylines we've already had, and breath new life into them with modern music. Basically, what I'm asking we all do is brainstorm and think of what new songs could fit into a Nu Vice. I'm sure you've all had that moment when you're driving around in your car or hanging in a club, and a song comes on that makes you sit back and go, "Damn, if Vice was on the air right now, this song would be perfect. It's dark, edgy, and cuttingly stylish." I'm thinking of songs that make you feel as though you're in an episode.So, what do you have? Given the nature of the post, I would prefer to limit the selections to post 2000. I have a list I have gathered on my iTunes, and I'll share my suggestions shortly in another post. I'm excited to see what you guys and gals come up with. Hopefully I will find some new ones to add to my library.

I'd like to suggest practically anything from Depeche Mode's latest album Sounds Of The Universe, especially Corrupt, Peace and Wrong. The majority of the songs are dark, have a lot of synths (well that was a given) and would probably fit well with any new sort of Miami Vice. There's my 2 cents.

I would like to suggest the track for bitter or worse from anoukhttp://www.youtube.com/user/anouktv?blend=3&ob=4I know it is not a song from the eightys but I can imagine several scene with it. for example the end of theresa. Or at the second verse a scence of Tubbs comforting Crocket when Caitlin died.If you take such stories lines in to the here and now I think it would be a very powerfull song.

I would like to suggest the track for bitter or worse from anoukhttp://www.youtube.com/user/anouktv?blend=3&ob=4I know it is not a song from the eightys but I can imagine several scene with it. for example the end of theresa. Or at the second verse a scence of Tubbs comforting Crocket when Caitlin died.If you take such stories lines in to the here and now I think it would be a very powerfull song.

I had never heard this song (and didn't even know the singer) but I find it really strong. Could be interesting in the show :thumbsup:

Here's some I have come across lately:Transatlanticism by Death Cab for CutiePioneer to the Falls by InterpolL. E. S. Artistes by SantigoldGoodnight, Travel Well by The KillersNothing as It Seems by Pearl Jam

Posted this in November : I heard a song yesterday called : "You're Addicted to Love." It would have been perfect for "Little Miss Dangerous" or another similar episode.