Hotel with best view?

palmtreemedic

Ok, I'm here with my 2nd post to ask anyone that lives in, near, or has been to Miami : Which hotel in the Brickell/Downtown area has the best view? I know the Hilton Miami Downtown has a rooftop pool, but the reviews on tripadvisor.com aren't exactly stellar. The Viceroy seems nice, but not sure about the exact location (can't get a good idea of height or view from google maps), and I've also looked at The Conrad and the Marriott. So, I'm open to any and all suggestions. Please help, as I'm taking my wife for our 12th anniversary, and the first vacation we've been on, sans kids, since we were married. Thanks guys.

For Downtown Miami I think your best view would be a reasonable high hotel room along Biscayne Boulevard that has a window on the Bay side. Haven't lived there for years so I am not familiar with hotels along Biscayne. Good luck and have a great vacation.

• 1 month later...

For Downtown Miami I think your best view would be a reasonable high hotel room along Biscayne Boulevard that has a window on the Bay side. Haven't lived there for years so I am not familiar with hotels along Biscayne. Good luck and have a great vacation.

Yes the Doubletree at Biscayne / Ne15th St ( from "Death and the Lady" ) has some lovely views of the islands/ Venetian Cswy and Downtown - if you get a high enough view . The windows are glass floor to ceilings too. I stayed their for a bit in 2005 but that was before most of the atrocious and ugly buildings (that most remain empty) went up post 2005 that has ruined the Downtown skyline imo :D