Location of house from "The Good Collar"

LT. GILMORE

I am going to Miami next week and I wanted to find the gps address for the house from the "Good Collar". The one that the boy who was killed, lived in. I know I found it before, but I can't seem to find it again. I believe it is in Coconut Grove. It is the one at the end of the episode where Crockett puts the football in the garbage can and the Testarossa is parked down the street.If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks, Lt. Gilmore"He has a taste for prime cuts, and his sneaker size is 10D."

Welcome LT. GILMORE.Eingefügtes BildI don't know where the house is,....have you tried the GLOSSARY? Check the LOCATION section, perhaps it's listed there. -COOP

this is one of the locations none of us location buffs hasn´t sussed out yet. If you find out where it is, please post it.

That's a great scene! I'm sure this house can be found and eventually will. It might not be in the safest neighborhood.

Good Collar houseThanks, anyhow, guys. I will keep looking. I found it once on the internet, but I can't remember where, and I don't know if I've written down the address somewhere. I remember it being in the east Coconut Grove area.Lt. Gilmore"He has a taste for prime cuts, and his sneaker size is 10D."

@airtommy: I don´t want to spoil your enthusiasm here, but as I remember the episode the front door seems to be located directly at the street (compare the last scenes where Crockett gets thrown out and meets Atkins) whereas in your google pic (the house and the intersection on the street looks like on TV, but) there seems to be a huge distance between the street and the front door.But maybe it is just good editing that makes one think there is no front yard.Let´s check this once again.CU,Tom P.S. i gotta admit that I remember the address on the door frame but never checked if it was real. Strange that we all missed that!

It's editing. They never actually show Crockett walk from the street to the door. This is definitely the house. The house has hardly changed, and neither has the house next-door.I made a note of the address several years ago when the S3 DVDs first came out, but Google Street View was not in existence yet so I could not check it out. I'm sure Soflajeremy has already found this but he rarely posts any of his finds.I'd love to find that park where C&T meet the Count in his limo. It should be near the Oak Ave house. There are several parks and schools near there, but I can't find a good match. After the Count drives away and they show C&T, you can see that the street meets the next street at an angle, not the usual right-angle intersection.LT. GILMORE, keep your eyes open for that park if you visit the house!

• Administrators

Not to go off topic here but I'd just like to say how much everyone on this site continues to impress me with their knowledge and willingness to help a fellow Vice fan in need! Lt. Gilmore previously asked the same question on another vice site and didn't even get so much as an "I don't know"A big thank you for everyone who jumped in to help! :thumbsup:

Around 25:20, when C&T head back to the Caddy, there is a blue house in the background. I think it is this house:Google Street View linkThis is actually next door to Archie's home. I believe the street where Count Walker and Tubbs parked their cars no longer exists. It was part of the little park on the corner of Oak Ave and Brooker St, but the park was overhauled and that access road eliminated. The former road ran parallel to George Allen Ave.Just above the blue house you can see a taller building in the distance. I believe that is St Mary's Missionary Baptist Church‎ at 136 Frow Ave.LT. GILMORE, if you do visit these locations, post photos here!

airtommy: you may be right. I had found another park before your post that could be a match: Nellie Moore Park at Jefferson Dr/Lincoln Dr, just a few blocks southwest of Oak Ave. I have no access to my DVDs right now, but from memory I would say that park and the V-shaped angle of Jefferson Drive in the background could match the scene with C&T after Count left. Lemme know what you think.http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=c&cbll=25.726172,-80.259462&panoid=bj0x3djvG7XVeozV0sRSJw&cbp=11,239.59,,0,11.68&ll=25.725984,-80.259475&spn=0.000447,0.001663&z=19

Great work airtommy and Tom. I'll update the episode guide in the Glossary with the location, start a Good Collar thread in the Miami Vice Google Earth Shooting Locations forum and copy these posts over to it.

I had found another park before your post that could be a match: Nellie Moore Park at Jefferson Dr/Lincoln Dr' date=' just a few blocks southwest of Oak Ave. I have no access to my DVDs right now, but from memory I would say that park and the V-shaped angle of Jefferson Drive in the background could match the scene with C&T after Count left. Lemme know what you think.[/quote']I looked at that too, as well as all the schools and parks in the area. The angle is right and the park is there, but the background house is wrong. For my location, the background house is a perfect match. Even the hedge is the same after all these years. I'm very confident the Oak Ave house is correct. The neighborhood doesn't look all that low rent on Street View, so maybe Lt Gilmore or a Miami resident can swing by and confirm it for us.

I looked at that too' date=' as well as all the schools and parks in the area. The angle is right and the park is there, but the background house is wrong. For my location, the background house is a perfect match. Even the hedge is the same after all these years. I'm very confident the Oak Ave house is correct. The neighborhood doesn't look all that low rent on Street View, so maybe Lt Gilmore or a Miami resident can swing by and confirm it for us.[/quote']great job! I know how accurate you do your location hunting job, thus I´m confident that´s it. :clap:For me it´s interesting that they removed the access road to the park as you mentioned before.

Really great work , guys. I had a hunch it would have been in Coconut Grove but Coral Gables great. We know a lot of "The Good Collar" locations already such as the opening scene and end scene - so this is a great addition. :D

Right before C&T meet Count Walker, there is a video montage of his gang doing their thing in the 'hood. This can be found, but it would be a lot harder than the other locations. It's quite possible it was filmed near the southern end of South Beach near some of those other scenes. If true, those buildings are probably gone now.