Corey Haim Dies at 38

timm525

What did CROCKETT and TUBBS teach us?DON'T DO DRUGS.(Although he may have died from O.D.-ing on perscription meds, he has a long history with illegal drugs)

• Administrators

I heard about the long term drug abuse and am quite frankly amazed that both he and Corey Feldman made it that long.I grew up during their heyday as we are all about the same age. Pity young stars turn to drugs that ruin their lives. I also read that he may have had an enlarged heart and that his lungs were filled with fluids, not necessarily from drug use but it certainly didn't help. Way to young to die. RIP!

From what I saw on their brief reality show, Corey Feldman had put his wild youth behind him and seemed like a fairly well-grounded adult (by Hollywood standards). Corey Haim, on the other hand, appeared to be an immature emotional wreck.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

What a shame. I can't help but wonder if all the years of drug use/abuse didn't weaken his immune system to the point where he may not have died from this had he not used drugs? I guess we will never know.RIP Corey.

Not that I am saying that he did not die of complications from Pneumonia, but I just find it a bit hard to swallow the whole....he didn't die from drugs bit.Granted the complications from Pneumonia were severe enough....but the traces of small dosages of the drugs found in his bloodstream, as stated from the toxicology report, probably didn't help matters at all.If he was already really weak from the Pneumonia complications....then any dosage of the drugs that were found in his blood (no matter how small the dosage), could have very well been a contributing factor.I have no knowledge when it comes to Medicine....but if you already have a person who is incredibly ill & weak and is suffering from all kinds of complications....then they will most likely respond to any dosage of medication (no matter how small & the medications that were found in his bloodstream) in a completely different way than a healthier person would.Regardless....Rest In Peace Corey!!!!:flowers:

• Administrators

And that's why folks with AIDS end up dieing from something else. Their immune system is so weakened that they can not fight off a bug that a health person's could.I believe his drug use had a similar effect.