Great Carrera replicas!

Dadrian

some of you may be familiar with a brand called "flypaper" (by paperdenim&cloth). i frequently see their jeans at tjmaxx. they seem like a good product, but i've never bought a pair.i was in tjmaxx today, and i found these GREAT flypaper shades:Eingefügtes Bildthey were only $10!they are the tortoise (brown) color.these are the best carrera copies i've ever came across. there are only some minor details that distinguish them. i'll leave that to you, coop ;)but as for the shape, they seem to be dead on, imo.check me out :)Eingefügtes Bildi can't find them anywhere online, so all you american vicers get to your local tjmaxx!!

Eingefügtes BildNice Nofretz....And the shades are not bad either.:clap::thumbsup:Thanks for posting & sharing!!!!P.S.: Just messing with you Nofretz.:) The shades, IMO, are the closest that I have seen.:glossy: Now, we just await Cooper & Burnett's analysis.;)

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere are the original Carreras.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThose are nice copies dude. Can't beat the price!Nice find Wilson! :cool::thumbsup:

thanks maria. glad you like, uh, the shades ;) :thumbsup:and thanks for your approval, coop. now i KNOW they are cool!i wish i had a better camera to show the details. i took those pics with my cell phone :loser: from what i can tell from coop's pics, the only differences are the carrera logos and metal temples. all the other minor details (bumps, curves, ridges, whatever) are almost lawsuit worthy. i've been wanting these for YEARS now. finally!so now i'm the diet coke of carrera sunglasses, too :)

thanks maria. glad you like' date=' uh, the shades ;) :thumbsup:and thanks for your approval, coop. now i KNOW they are cool!i wish i had a better camera to show the details. i took those pics with my cell phone :loser: from what i can tell from coop's pics, the only differences are the carrera logos and metal temples. all the other minor details (bumps, curves, ridges, whatever) are almost lawsuit worthy. i've been wanting these for YEARS now. finally!so now i'm the diet coke of carrera sunglasses, too :)[/quote']I gotta admit Dadrian, you ARE pretty cool. You got style! :cool::thumbsup:

thanks' date=' but not as much as you, pal. just go look in your closet...[/quote']I can't perform JAN HAMMER covers, YOU can, AND wear vice clothes!Looks like you got me beat.

ok here's the score:nofretz - 2 (fake shades and fake songs)coop - 300+ ( http://www.miami-vice.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=10 )btw - what is the origin of that close-up of DJ? mag ad for carrera? is that even DJ' date=' or some look-alike? is this classified :) ?[/quote']That's a production shot from the pilot episode. That is Don Johnson, and the best shot of his sunglasses I have from the show.As for my collectibles, ....I have stuff you have not even seen yet! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Don't worry, I'll eventually share it all, I just like to spread things out a little bit.You rock Dadrian!P.S. I'm a fan of you, and your music. :tasse_prost:

Don't worry' date=' I'll eventually share it all, I just like to spread things out a little bit.[/quote']ditto! maybe i'll have all the songs covered by the time you post all your memorabilia! :)
You rock Dadrian!P.S. I'm a fan of you' date=' and your music. :tasse_prost:[/quote']i assure you--the respect is at least mutual. :tasse_prost::tasse_prost:

ditto! maybe i'll have all the songs covered by the time you post all your memorabilia! :)i assure you--the respect is at least mutual. :tasse_prost::tasse_prost:

Your special here Dadrian, nobody can touch you.I plan to post some stuff in the not too distant future. I think I'll show another page or so of the unused vice script. I still can't believe my good fortune by obtaining the writers PERSONAL copy of that script. Funkay Honkay!Your gonna be intrigued by what I'm going to show you guys, your gonna wonder how in the world did I get that....

Your special here Dadrian' date=' nobody can touch you.[/quote']well thank you, and same to you.
Your gonna be intrigued by what I'm going to show you guys' date=' your gonna wonder how in the world did I get that.... [/quote']don't we always?

Excellent look nofretz! It's always good when you come across a bargain! As the spring is finally coming to europe I was on a lookout for something similar (on the cheap side) while I'm hunting down proper Carreras, I got these for $15http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=521236&ppid=1122ℑ=65564322&images=65564322,65564327&formats=0,0&format=0

sredd posted on a thread not long ago that DILLARD'S has REAL Carreras in thier stores (and I think on thier website). They are not cheap, but they are Carreras.

$120.00 vs $10 - $15.....You DON'T want to know what I paid for my three vintage glasses, cases, extra lenses! :eek:

The one at Dillard's aren't from 1980s though? but with some luck on various websites you can still find some that are. Yeah nofretz, that's the ones I got :)

Dillard's is selling non vintage Carreras. It's just an updated version.The asking price for vintage Carreras (be careful, some are not made in the same country as was used in the show) is pretty expensive.(You can always check out the MIAMI VICE SUNGLASSES MAKES, STYLES, AND INDENTIFICATIONS thread in the scrapbook section for proper I.D. numbers and country of manufacture.)