Fictional "Miami Vice IV" soundtrack?

Lar

As we all know three MV soundtracks were released: the first with music from the first two seasons, the second with music from seasons two and three, and the third (which was never released in the US) with music from the fourth season. A soundtrack containing fifth season music was never released, which is a real shame, because there was some great music in S5, and Tim Truman added a very cool harder-edge with his scoring.So what would your fictional "Miami Vice IV" soundtrack include? My idea:-Peter Gabriel - Don't Give Up -Derek & the Dominos - Layla -Robert Plant - Walking Towards Paradise -Eric Clapton - She's Waiting -Tanita Tikaram - Twist In My Sobriety -Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel-Tim Truman - Help Me Through The Night -Don Johnson - No Way Out -Genesis - Land Of Confusion -Honeymoon Suite - Bad Attitude -King Swamp - Year Zero-Tim Truman - "Shoot You Right Now" (instrumental from Freefall)-Tim Truman - "Goodbyes" (also an instrumental from Freefall)-Terry Kath - Tell MeI know, I know, the majority is from Freefall, but like I said, that's just my idea. Anyone else?

Lar, I didn't know this either. I have the Greatest hits of MV by Hammer and waiting for the double album someone burned for me. I've seen the Miami Vice Soundtrack on Ebay and debated on getting it there is another too? I was thinking about getting the white one with the Maimi Vice in colors......Oh and what episode and what season did DJ do another song I know of Street Wise. But I didn't know that his No Way Out was in one. I like that song but you know sometimes I'm so into the episode the songs are really backround.......Thanks!

As we all know three MV soundtracks were released: the first with music from the first two seasons' date=' the second with music from seasons two and three, and the third (which was never released in the US) with music from the fourth season. A soundtrack containing fifth season music was never released, which is a real shame, because there was some great music in S5, and Tim Truman added a very cool harder-edge with his scoring.So what would your fictional "Miami Vice IV" soundtrack include? My idea:-Peter Gabriel - Don't Give Up -Derek & the Dominos - Layla -Robert Plant - Walking Towards Paradise -Eric Clapton - She's Waiting -Tanita Tikaram - Twist In My Sobriety -Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel-Tim Truman - Help Me Through The Night -Don Johnson - No Way Out -Genesis - Land Of Confusion -Honeymoon Suite - Bad Attitude -King Swamp - Year Zero-Tim Truman - "Shoot You Right Now" (instrumental from Freefall)-Tim Truman - "Goodbyes" (also an instrumental from Freefall)-Terry Kath - Tell MeI know, I know, the majority is from Freefall, but like I said, that's just my idea. Anyone else?[/quote']That's a good list.....It is very Freefall Heavy, but I think that list somehow sums up S5. I might add....The Fixx- I'm Life from 'Over the line' Tom Cochrane- Big Leagues from 'Hard Knocks'

Jonny, thanks for that one.....The double CD is the one a friend on here burned for me and I should be getting it soon, can't wait it looks so good. Now the soundtracks, I didn't know there were so many of them, all great songs on them. I'll have to cruise Ebay in my Daytona and see what I find in CD's for these......Now I know what's on them and saved the page. Again, thanks!

As we all know three MV soundtracks were released: the first with music from the first two seasons' date=' the second with music from seasons two and three, and the third (which was never released in the US) with music from the fourth season. A soundtrack containing fifth season music was never released, which is a real shame, because there was some great music in S5, and Tim Truman added a very cool harder-edge with his scoring.So what would your fictional "Miami Vice IV" soundtrack include? My idea:-Peter Gabriel - Don't Give Up -Derek & the Dominos - Layla -Robert Plant - Walking Towards Paradise -Eric Clapton - She's Waiting -Tanita Tikaram - Twist In My Sobriety -Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel-Tim Truman - Help Me Through The Night -Don Johnson - No Way Out -Genesis - Land Of Confusion -Honeymoon Suite - Bad Attitude -King Swamp - Year Zero-Tim Truman - "Shoot You Right Now" (instrumental from Freefall)-Tim Truman - "Goodbyes" (also an instrumental from Freefall)-Terry Kath - Tell MeI know, I know, the majority is from Freefall, but like I said, that's just my idea. Anyone else?[/quote']Lar, Wasn't Clapton's "She's Waiting " used in an episode? I just thought I remembered it, but don't know from which one.....Fleetwood Mac -Chains, I think would be a good one.

Lar' date=' I didn't know this either. I have the Greatest hits of MV by Hammer and waiting for the double album someone burned for me. I've seen the Miami Vice Soundtrack on Ebay and debated on getting it there is another too? I was thinking about getting the white one with the Maimi Vice in colors......Oh and what episode and what season did DJ do another song I know of Street Wise. But I didn't know that his No Way Out was in one. I like that song but you know sometimes I'm so into the episode the songs are really backround.......Thanks![/quote']The white background CD is the first soundtrack. I wish they would've used the awesome art from the original vinyl release (apparently they used this art in the German release, not sure about elsewhere)."No Way Out" is technically by not only Don Johnson, but Tim Truman as well. It was used in Freefall.

That's a good list.....It is very Freefall Heavy' date=' but I think that list somehow sums up S5. I might add....The Fixx- I'm Life from 'Over the line' Tom Cochrane- Big Leagues from 'Hard Knocks'[/quote']Yes, definitely, especially The Fixx track, which I originally had on my list.BTW, Crocketsgrl, "She's Waiting" is from The Lost Madonna, as is Tanita Tikaram's "Twist in my Sobriety" (both excellent, excellent songs).

Yes' date=' definitely, especially The Fixx track, which I originally had on my list.BTW, Crocketsgrl, "She's Waiting" is from The Lost Madonna, as is Tanita Tikaram's "Twist in my Sobriety" (both excellent, excellent songs).[/quote']The Fixx had a lot of great songs that had a real 'Vice' feel. It's a shame they weren't used more, they had a quintessential 80's feel and are really only remembered for 'one thing leads to another' nowadays...

• 5 weeks later...

I reckon something by Don Henley. 'Boys of summer' isn't right for the series - although a brilliant track in its own right (something like "Dirty Laundry"?) .. but if he'd done something especially for the series like Glenn Frey did with "Smugglers Blues". The one song that reminds me of Miami in early 1980s is George Benson's "Give me the night" which they played everywhere when I was there. But I digress ... lolSue

• 3 weeks later...

And if Miami Vice were being filmed now, I'd say Coldplay's track "Violet Hill" from the latest album would be a contender .. reckon it'd be one of those "Take me home"/"In the air tonight" moments.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

And if Miami Vice were being filmed now, I'd say Coldplay's track "Violet Hill" from the latest album would be a contender .. reckon it'd be one of those "Take me home"/"In the air tonight" moments.

A nice track that I had not heard before. Interesting thought about a Vice moment.