DJ's RARE SCREEN WORN RAYBANS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Hey Coop:If you had to sell the glasses, what would your prize be?Anyway you should send the glasses to RAYBAN and ask how much to do replicas for the fans. Then all the rest of us could get a pair.... he he

If you had to sell the glasses' date=' what would your prize be?[/quote']Is that what would my "PRIZE" be, or "PRICE" be.If you meant what would my price be on this last of it's kind, in mint condition wayfarers made for the series, I'd say.....I kind of enjoyed your earlier offer.I dunno.... Being there are only three that exist, and they are all in private hands, what would you place it's value at?

Here's some photo examples that show you how regular vintage raybans (on the bottom) reflect images on the lense, and how the "flat lense" versions ( on top) don't reflect images. Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 2

Now you can visually see why they had the lenses changed.Had they not changed them, the camera, cameraman, camera crew, camera lights etc. would be reflected in the lenses.

I always wondered about the fact that there was no reflections in the glasses. Never figured out how it worked untill the posting here started about the adapted ( don't know if it is the proper English word) glasses.Thanks for showing the pictures!

Is that what would my "PRIZE" be' date=' or "PRICE" be.If you meant what would my price be on this last of it's kind, in mint condition wayfarers made for the series, I'd say.....I kind of enjoyed your earlier offer.I dunno.... Being there are only three that exist, and they are all in private hands, what would you place it's value at?[/quote']How do you feel about a 1000U$D?

Spectacle frameThe spectacle frame looks straighter than your own.Is that correct? Otherwise, the flat lenses wouldn't fit. Then the frame should be just a little broader than your own?

I always wondered about the fact that there was no reflections in the glasses. Never figured out how it worked untill the posting here started about the adapted ( don't know if it is the proper English word) glasses.Thanks for showing the pictures!

Your welcome!It's great what we can learn here about MIAMI VICE.

The spectacle frame looks straighter than your own.Is that correct? Otherwise' date=' the flat lenses wouldn't fit. Then the frame should be just a little broader than your own?[/quote']Actually, the frame on the VICE flat lenses are mint, and are straight.The frames on my vintage raybans, are just a little bit curved, as I had it curved a bit by heating the frame in the late 80's early 90's, as it seemed to feel, and fit more comfortably.The flat lenses would fit in any vintage rayban frame that had the same size lenses, but the flat lenses are actually flat, and are not curved like the vintage lenses like in mine.

How do you feel about a 1000U$D?

You have to remember, I'm already pretty well off. I'm not sure what it's worth, but that's not enough to make me part with one of only 3 existing examples.Money comes and goes, my interest lies in the acumulation of more of these rare items to preserve, and share with everyone here.
  • Like 1

Now you can visually see why they had the lenses changed.Had they not changed them' date=' the camera, cameraman, camera crew, camera lights etc. would be reflected in the lenses.[/quote']Very cool, Coop.Nice camera work too. Ever thought of doing that for a living :dance2: ?I wonder if that "flat lens" style is no longer necessary, since they make anti-reflective coatings now. I have that coating on my daily wear glasses, and the effect is just like the top pair in your photos, with the "flat lens". I need not take off my glasses for a photo, as you won't see the reflections as in the bottom pair.

Very cool' date=' Coop.Nice camera work too. Ever thought of doing that for a living :dance2: ?I wonder if that "flat lens" style is no longer necessary, since they make anti-reflective coatings now. I have those on my daily wear glasses, and the effect is just like the top pair in your photos, with the "flat lens". I need not take off my glasses for a photo, as you won't see the reflections as in the bottom pair.[/quote']Good point. I don't know.Perhaps this was something that was developed before anti-reflective coatings were developed. One has to remember, this was 25 years ago. Lots has changed.

You have to remember' date=' I'm already pretty well off. I'm not sure what it's worth, but that's not enough to make me part with one of only 3 existing examples.Money comes and goes, my interest lies in the acumulation of more of these rare items to preserve, and share with everyone here.[/quote']Good now the rest of the vicers know where the stuff is. Any way i think that the Wayfarer taht was used in MV (flat lenses) are cooler than the orginal. Do you think that flat lenses would fit the orginal frame?

Good now the rest of the vicers know where the stuff is. Any way i think that the Wayfarer taht was used in MV (flat lenses) are cooler than the orginal. Do you think that flat lenses would fit the orginal frame?

Yes, the original flat lenses would fit the original frame, as they ARE in original frames. The wayfarers in MIAMI VICE were original frames, they just had flat lenses made for the show put in the frames.

frame looks different

Yes' date=' the original flat lenses would fit the original frame, as they ARE in original frames. The wayfarers in MIAMI VICE were original frames, they just had flat lenses made for the show put in the frames.[/quote']The reason I ask is that the MV frame look strate, and the orginal wayfarer frame looks like the frame has a curve. (If you see them from above). Thats why I ask.

Actually' date=' the frame on the VICE flat lenses are mint, and are straight.The frames on my vintage raybans, are just a little bit curved, as I had it curved a bit by heating the frame in the late 80's early 90's, as it seemed to feel, and fit more comfortably.The flat lenses would fit in any vintage rayban frame that had the same size lenses, but the flat lenses are actually flat, and are not curved like the vintage lenses like in mine.[/quote']This is what I wrote before cigarette. Hope this helps.

Thanks COOP! Im happy that all the MV stuff are at your care. Its well taken care of!

Thanks pal.:cheers:At least members here can sleep well knowing that they really are well cared for, and that many items are in one place, and not scattered all over the place.(I'm still missing the Zito Robe :))

I was a bit lazy getting them up, but here's the ones I just got. I don't know whether they're vintage 80's or a reproduction, but they appear to have the old model number. I'm guessing reproduction though, based on your history thread, Coop.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

They are not vintage 80's ray bans, but a later model ray ban wayfarer.They look great on you pal! :clap:

• 2 months later...

An other pair of MV glassesJust bought my self on pair from the prop box :DSo when we meet in an convension sometime, I hope to see you with yours!Here is from the add:Original Don Johnson's Miami Vice Ray Ban Wayfarers Description : These were the very Sunglasses worn in the Filming of Miami Vice by Don Johnson! Sonny had a few pairs of RayBans that he wore. A REAL piece of Cinema History Sonny made Wayfarers Cooooooooool!These sunglasses were made by Ray Ban and lenses were replaced with non reflective ones so you couldn't see the Cameras when shooting.Purchased at the Prop Box, A Company that furnished Props to the Movies for the the last 30 years! They were kept in a Carrera Case that are marked Flats. Tortoise Frame in Like New Condition, no blemishes or flaws. Will be glad to verify That this is the real Glasses that Don Johnson wore in Vice.

post-247-13892963164209_thumb.jpg

post-247-13892963164402_thumb.jpg

post-247-13892963164582_thumb.jpg

post-247-1389296316476_thumb.jpg

post-247-13892963164936_thumb.jpg

New idea about Headless

Just bought my self on pair from the prop box :DSo when we meet in an convension sometime' date=' I hope to see you with yours!Here is from the add:Original Don Johnson's Miami Vice Ray Ban Wayfarers Description : These were the very Sunglasses worn in the Filming of Miami Vice by Don Johnson! Sonny had a few pairs of RayBans that he wore. A REAL piece of Cinema History Sonny made Wayfarers Cooooooooool!These sunglasses were made by Ray Ban and lenses were replaced with non reflective ones so you couldn't see the Cameras when shooting.Purchased at the Prop Box, A Company that furnished Props to the Movies for the the last 30 years! They were kept in a Carrera Case that are marked Flats. Tortoise Frame in Like New Condition, no blemishes or flaws. Will be glad to verify That this is the real Glasses that Don Johnson wore in Vice.[/quote'] I bidded on those too...Also, COOP, I have an idea about your headless fatigue. Just blur out your head tremendously.

COOP' date=' I have an idea about your headless fatigue. Just blur out your head tremendously.[/quote']Yeah, but it's easier to just cut my head off in shots. :)

• 3 weeks later...