Rising From The Ashes: Part 2?

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Speaking of rising from the ashes I just read today in the entertainment section of my local newspaper that Universal is supposedly involved in negotiations to bring back “Miami Vice” as a weekly series. I remember reading about the promise of a series several years ago based on the success or failure of the movie. Actors are being interviewed as we speak but it’s rumored that Foxx & Farrell will be the obvious choices to reprise their movie rolls. (yuck!) Shooting will be primarily in L.A. to help keep costs down. This would also be a first for Farrell who has never done a network TV series.

• Like 1

Just like I said in the other thread concerning this topic - I don't mind the idea of bringing "Miami Vice" back, but NOT with Crockett and Tubbs! I had enough of "forever young" James Bond, thank you very much. New modern stories about younger generation of vice cops, and possibly some cameos of the old actors in the same roles they played in 80-s (as retired cops or something), or maybe just mentioning the old characters to establish the intergenerational continuity... smth like "that Captain Castillo - he's a legend", or "hey, haven't you heard about those two detectives who threw out their badges and left the force?" :D That's how I see it. Okay, let them make Sonny's son Billy one of new cops, if they want to have a Crockett in their team so badly. :D But leave Sonny and Rico alone, pleeease...:rolleyes: they were too good. And I don't like the idea of taking Fox and Farrel either.

Lou' date=' this HAS to be an April Fools' Day prank, right?[/quote']Hell, it's the 1st of April indeed! I absolutely forgot about the date... :o Ok, is it a prank, Ferrariman?

• Administrators

Well, I was hoping it would go a little longer than 2 posts before I got busted but I guess you guys know me too well! APRIL FOOLS!!Damn! :evil:

Don't worry, Ferrariman, you got at least one here - me... :) Perhaps I don't know you so well as others do. :)Should have guessed by your posting this as the separate thread instead of just mentioning in the other one... but I haven't. :rain:

Lol. Lou, I like how you added the "filming will mainly be done in LA" bit, just to ensure that several of our members heads would explode! ;)

• 5 years later...
  • Administrators

Wow!  I actually forgot that I posted this!  It's cool to look back sometimes.

Thanks airtommy!

• Like 1