Crocketts shoulder holster

aussiefan

Guest MetroVice

I preferred the "Jackass" rig to the "Miami Classic"I carried the Jackass rig during my days as a professional bodyguard in south Florida. I found I preferred this model over the Miami Classic though because the rear strap attached under the muzzle of the pistol and provided better fit and concealment. The Miami Classic rear strap attached above the muzzle. There IS a difference here. Unless you've worn these things you have no idea what a difference like this can make in comfort and concealment, and I had to wear this stuff 10-12 hours per day 7 days per week for YEARS.Galco makes fine leather holsters but they were originally known as The Original Jackass Leather Company but later changed to Galco. I have used numerous Jackass and Galco holsters over the years and they have always made high-quality leather holsters. The first couple years I used Bianchi products but later switched to the "Jackass", (or "Crockett Special" as we called it) when I went to work as a bodyguard. In fact the entire team wore this setup.I still have my original Jackass shoulder rig from those days back in the mid 1980s through the early 90s. It has a rather "worn" appearance but is still in top shape. I never had any concern of my pistol falling out. Of course, if you didn't snap the thumb release you could have an *accident* but it wouldn't be the fault of the holster.The "Lifeline" shoulder system by Ted Blocker appears to be a good should rig, and looks very much like the Miami Classic" that was made so popular back in the day. I used to have the advertisement Don Johnson did for the Galco Miami Classic rig where he endorsed this model, which I'm certain must have boosted their sale of this one item alone not to mention Galco products in general.Shoulder holsters are like a good pair of jeans. You have to try different brands and models to find the one that you best like if you're gonna be happy with it, not to mention be comfortable. Hopefully you have found one by now, as I know this thread originally started at least TWO YEARS ago but my comments are from real experience carrying these holster models :cool:

Metro...I agree. With the new holsters with straps that attach at the top of the holster, you have to adjust the muzzle end up a notch or two compared to the grip end. In this manner there is a slight diagonal angle. Unless you're a big guy a straight horizontal hang will print a little too much (for my liking anyway). I have found that bringing the muzzle up two notches and raising the entire holster closer to my armpit, conceals my full size 1911 very well. Even with an oversized button shirt I can conceal it somewhat. Also by wearing it a bit higher it doesnt swing around so much and you dont have to use the tie down strap on the gun side (which I never did care for anyway). I carry my 1911 daily and I am jsut an average built guy and found this manner to work with any of the aforementioned holsters...but again, this is more about fitting them to my body shape in order to make max concealment. Everyone has to adjust theirs and it usually takes a little trial and error to get it just right, but once it is right, it works well. As I stated before, I live in a state where open carry is allowed but I rarely OC. I prefer a little discretion and even in the heat of summer will carry my full 1911 but usually in a IWB holster in the appendix position. It is the easiest to conceal at that position and never prints even through a standard untucked t-shirt. GONZO!!!

Guest MetroVice

Dark holster

also I've noticed that it seemed like sonny has worn both the tan and black ones' date=' atleast he seemed to have a black one during S3 sometimes during the middle part of it.[/quote']My Jackass shoulder rig turned darker over time, especially in the south FL heat, sweating, RAIN, etc. In fact, mine is almost black at this point. The original Jackass system is already rather dark when brand new and mine turned noticeably darker after the first six months of wearing it every single day for 10 hours in and around south Florida. But as grand as this may sound I can assure you it wasn't :hot:Crockett may have worn a black leather shoulder rig at some point in the show (I believe he actually did in at least one episode), but if you're referring to his Jackass rig they're already super dark to start with and will turn even darker over time, especially if worn several hours every day in a hot climate such as south FL.

wasn't :hot:Crockett may have worn a black leather shoulder rig at some point in the show (I believe he actually did in at least one episode), but if you're referring to his Jackass rig they're already super dark to start with and will turn even darker over time, especially if worn several hours every day in a hot climate such as south FL.

thing is though that I remember noting it during an indoor scene at the OCD in S3, which was filmed at an interior location on soundstage probably with air conditioning as cooper mentioned in one of his threads when I asked about itand well I would imagine like the styles of the show the holster might have changed as they did switch guns in S3 and the 645 is thinner than the bren ten.although it certainly looks dark here but still brownish:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53HHQhmFJs

Sonny's Should Holster used for the majority of the series was made by Galco. Currently Galco doesn't offer it although with the anticipated release of new Bren Tens Pistols this year that may change. Ted Blocker still offers the shoulder holster Sonny wore at first and I'll try to provide a link. DJ found it uncomfortable and from scenes in the early episodes I can see why.Here's a link to the Ted Blocker: http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/product.cfm?pi=5D33EE21-B65D-3BC4-05822228CA89164F

Thanks for link to the original holster :D

Guest MetroVice

Holster styles

Thanks for link to the original holster :D

If you're referring to the Ted Blocker "Lifeline" it looks very close to Galco's Miami Classic. I tried that rig when it was introduced but didn't care for it. I had already been using the Jackass rig and found the Miami Classic just didn't "feel" as good as the J/A and for me did not hug the body as well. I used the Classic a few hours before deciding I just couldn't hack this thing. Once I put the J/A back on it was like wearing a glove. Many people seem to describe it this way.I also carried an S&W model 36 on my ankle for backup and used a Galco ankle holster custom molded for that revolver. The inner wrap that goes around the ankle was lined with sheepskin fluff and boy oh boy was it comfortable. I know there are lots of other fine holster brands out there but I've always had a thing for Galco ever since the early 1980s because everything I used was of such great quality and comfort. I also tried some of Bianchi's stuff and Safariland but always stuck with Galco :thumbsup:Usually when you see holsters and stuff on television or movies they typically choose these products based on how "cool" they think it will look. Many people had never seen horizontal style should holster systems until Miami Vice aired. To the general public this crazy looking holster was some new-fangled thing coming out. At the time the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) was still using revolvers with cross-draw holsters as standard issue gear. In fact, they were in the process of issuing Beretta 92F pistols and replacing ALL cross-draw systems with Safariland security style belt holsters. So when people saw Crockett's shoulder rig with that heavy pistol being carried in an almost upside-down fashion people noticed. Many people didn't like the idea of it because it just *looked* like it wanted to fall straight out of the holster into the ground :)Funny how times change . . .

wasn't :hot:Crockett may have worn a black leather shoulder rig at some point in the show (I believe he actually did in at least one episode), but if you're referring to his Jackass rig they're already super dark to start with and will turn even darker over time, especially if worn several hours every day in a hot climate such as south FL.

Mine has turned darker over time too. I started to notice it when I purchased another one for a different pistol. At first I though Galco had used a lighter dye, but I got looking at my older one and was surprised to see it was darker in spots. I'm surprised I hadn't noticed it before.

• 7 months later...

Sonny's Should Holster used for the majority of the series was made by Galco. Currently Galco doesn't offer it although with the anticipated release of new Bren Tens Pistols this year that may change. Ted Blocker still offers the shoulder holster Sonny wore at first and I'll try to provide a link. DJ found it uncomfortable and from scenes in the early episodes I can see why.Here's a link to the Ted Blocker: http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/product.cfm?pi=5D33EE21-B65D-3BC4-05822228CA89164F

I wonder if this was ever released given the end of the new Bren planned release.

Good point :D

Not really making any point here ??Moreso asking a question to more knowledgeable persons in this thread about the holster.

• 3 months later...

I've posted a few ramblings in the S&W 4506 thread about Crockett's holster from 5th season. I haven't found any information on whether the 645 from season 3 and 4 and the 4506 (645 transitional) used the same holster from Galco at that time or not. I did notice after reviewing my season 5 disc #2 and #4 (Line of Fire had a lot of shots of the holster without jacket on) that the Jackass Rig from season 5 is in havana brown with the handcuff holster on it. Looking back at "Stone's War" from the season 3 DVDs, the 645 holsters is the same color and has the cuffs too, making them rather identical (if not maybe the same). Aside from trying to find a vintage Jackass Rig from that time in havana brown, I'm looking at putting together a new Jackass Rig that is similar to Crockett's for a S&W 645 or 645-TR that I am looking to get next. Galco currently has four harnesses available, the JRH (Jackass) in a tan suede, the MCH/MCHB (Miami Classic in tan or black), the MCIIH/MCIIHB (Miami Classic in tan or black), and the SSH/SSHB (wide harness in tan or black). I'm wondering which of them most closely resembles what Crockett wore in thickness. None of them are havana brown (even tho the current Jackass accessories are), and I think Crockett's harness was a leather and not a suede. I think I could take a tan harness in to a leather smith and have them recolor it the havana brown. The JCL28H magazine case is the one sized to fit the mags for the S&W 645/4506, but I don't think it is the same in construction as what Crockett had? And the cuffs holster in havana brown has apparently been discontinued, but I have been able to find a few places online that still have some stock of the SC72H. The holster is the hard part with three options wait until a vintage one shows up in an online auction, while some have recommended the Beretta and Taurus Jackass holster J202H, but I've also heard in this thread that Galco will do customs. I guess I can call them to see how much a custom would run and if there would be any difference in the 645 or 645-TR holster. I think with those parts I can build a pretty close duplicate to Crockett's holster. Any other ideas?I haven't gone back to look at season 2 again with an eye on the Jackass Rig. I believe it was tan so that is easy to match up color wise. But I don't know what size the Bren Ten magazines were, and which SCL magazine case would fit them? And it sounds like Galco was ready to make Bren Ten Jackass holsters before the plug was pulled on their rerelease, so I'm guessing the custom shop could make one too? I'm still a long way off from a Bren Ten aquisition, so I really hadn't put much thought into that one (and the Ted Blocker Lifeline is always available).

• 2 months later...

I've been watching the entire series in order on Friday nights, and just finished the first season and I'm starting on season 2 now. I'm watching them in their filming order for the proper continuity (so Zito's beard doesn't magically regrow). I've been paying attention to Crockett's watch and shoulder holster (to a lesser extent watching for the ankle holster). So I watched "The Dutch Oven" first as it was filmed during first season and has Crockett's Rolex and Tubb's silver officers badge. Then "Prodigal Son" which premieres Crockett's Ebel 1911 Chronograph and Tubb's gold sergeant badge. The Ted Blocker Lifeline rig is still present in the second movie tho. The Lifeline is still present in "Whatever Works," "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" and "Budddies." Then I watched "Bought and Paid For" next, since that is the order it was filmed in. And there was the Galco Jackass for what I assume is its first appearance. It is a brown color that seems midway between the tan and the havana that Galco offers now. The harness is the super thick one with fixed upper swivels on the X. It is similar to this one (sans the modern MCII holster):

I'm watching "Junk Love" and "One Way Ticket" next as the next two in the shooting order. I know in "One Way Ticket" that Crockett has a thin tan strap like the current Miami Classic II harness:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj6KyyzVE7MJust rewatching that video again, I'm wondering if he's still using the magazine case from the Lifeline rig? It's possible that being how rare Bren Ten mags were, Galco did not have a mag case available for it yet, and so they just reused the Lifeline one for awhile.I also saw some vid from "Trust Fund Pirates" near the end of the season and Crockett was wearing a havana brown rig. It appears that first season used the Ted Blocker Lifeline, and by third season they had settled into a havana brown Galco Jackass rig with cuffs case set up for the Smith & Wesson for the remainder of the series. But second season had a lot of experimentation with mixing parts in various combinations as they transitioned from Lifeline to Jackass.I'll being doing further research over the next 9 weeks as I watch the rest of second season.
  • Like 1

I'm watching "Junk Love" and "One Way Ticket" next as the next two in the shooting order. I know in "One Way Ticket" that Crockett has a thin tan strap like the current Miami Classic II harness:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj6KyyzVE7MJust rewatching that video again, I'm wondering if he's still using the magazine case from the Lifeline rig? It's possible that being how rare Bren Ten mags were, Galco did not have a mag case available for it yet, and so they just reused the Lifeline one for awhile.I also saw some vid from "Trust Fund Pirates" near the end of the season and Crockett was wearing a havana brown rig. It appears that first season used the Ted Blocker Lifeline, and by third season they had settled into a havana brown Galco Jackass rig with cuffs case set up for the Smith & Wesson for the remainder of the series. But second season had a lot of experimentation with mixing parts in various combinations as they transitioned from Lifeline to Jackass.I'll being doing further research over the next 9 weeks as I watch the rest of second season.
Yeah it would make sense that they would reuse bits the from the other holster, after all at the start of the first season it was noted that Don was NOT happy with the original holster they gave him and was refusing to wear it.and that's when Galco (thank god they changed the name to that) fitted him for a new holster for the gun and for all we know also hand fitted it for the bren ten and the magazines. and you gotta figure your carrying around a 2 1/2 pound pistol on one end and maybe half full magazines filled with the blanks, so its probably going to sag to the heavier side, I mean it did seem like the right side of the early holster was thinner than the leftEingefügtes Bildalso that holster I believe has a spring retention system, you have to press around the trigger guard to pull the gun out and up and not to mention look at how far down it is in that shotright at the bottom where the suit coats would probably stop, and I dont think there's a belt loop there to fasten the gun to the belt either, so it would have been like carrying around an annoying backpack full of bookswhich I had happen with cheap backpacks I used to wear as a kid, which had thin straps, hell maybe that would be another ideal thing to look into as well and see how well that translates to looking for a holster really.... but the whole point of that spring retention system was that so if your on a bucking horse the gun wouldnt get thrown out of the holster. it was either that or strap over the gun, and I think it was called a brigs martin holster number 5? it was mentioned in Doctor No, the original book in the 1960's for James Bond's Revolver (basically the gun Tubbs was using minus a way to operate the hammer from the outside) and Elmer Keith's six gunsand I think styme mentioned it to me when I said I wouldnt feel comfortable having the gun a 100% horizontal with the person behind me, after all one of the rules of firearms handling is to never to point the muzzle at something that you dont want to shoot with a loaded gun.atleast not directly but I would imagine it would be possible to have the thing rigged up to be pointed at a lower anglebut that is also why shoulder holsters are not allowed in firearm competitions, why they get such scorn from the older folks (being called John Webb holster of all things, the guy from dragnet, no idea why though) and why they always go for the belt ones which Tubbs used in Out Where the busses dont run.of which I need to look into myself considering I have his gun with PGS smooth grips and I'm currently looking into a belt holster for the 645. and dont forget also that just like the Daytona they probably knew they were going to be switching over to the new 645 by about midway through S2 as around that time period Jeff Cooper had enough time to be interviewed with his thoughts about Crockett's new gun probably before it showed up in vice.of which he approved of FYI as it was a 100% stainless steel and a 100% reliable but he thought it felt scratchy and a little rough, but you do get used to that with that gun, and the packmyer grips make a HUGE difference in the way that gun feels.also I would imagine the change to the darker color was probably due to the change of the fashion as well, given he was going for the darker Hues in S3and naturally to match that contrast they probably went with a darker holster, after all Contrast is key in making anything look good and if you dont do it right it will look tacky or cheap no matter how expensive it is.I mean why do you think yellow, blue and green filters were used for Gone In 60 Seconds, the Underworld Series and the Matrix series? it was to make sure that the color of Eleanor and the ridiculous outfits of the characters actually blended in with there surroundings rather than stuck out like a guy wearing a 60's star trek uniform or a silly 70's cop uniform in public like in one of the old beasty boys videos from a couple of years ago.and of which also applies to elenor as well sadly
as it just doesnt look right without that yellow filter.

I am watching second season 2 episodes every Friday, so I will have a summary by the end of which episodes had which type of holster. I didn't watch "Bought and Paid For" closely enough to determine if the holster and mag case were still the Lifeline parts, I may rewatch that before Friday now that I know to look for that. I'll see if the super wide harness was still in use for "Junk Love", but I know that had switched to the thinner MCII harness by "One Way Ticket". I think the super thick harness was probably uncomfortable in the Miami heat and humidity. I saw a darker holster in "Trust Fund Pirates" which was before the 3rd season change in fashions, so my assumption was they just chose the darker color so it wouldn't show the discoloration from sweat and use. I'm curious to find out which episode the havana brown one showed up in. They got a very early S&W 645 with the black fore-sight insert, so they must have taken an early 1985 production gun and blank adapted it. I'm not sure exactly when in '85 the 645 went into production, but the production had a very early version from what Kavinsky pointed out. But it wasn't used until they shot "El Viejo" on 17 June 1986, so I don't know why they had an early '85 645 when they were shooting mid '86. Unless they just replaced the red fore-sight insert on an '86 645 with a black one, for appearance during shooting?"Trust Fund Pirates" started shooting on 15 March '86, and they may have already known the Bren Ten was done at that point and had an agreement with Smith and Wesson for the upcoming season. I find it curious that they had an early '85 645, but the Dornaus and Dixon didn't file for bankruptcy until into '86. While the last 2nd season episode "Sons and Lovers" wrapped 25 March '86. That's quite a bit of overlap in acquiring the early 645 and the final use of the Bren Ten and D&D bankruptcy? (Unless the foresight was switched out, then it's possible there was no overlap.) I wonder when they knew the Bren Ten was going to be an orphaned product, was the writing already on the wall while filming season 2?Oh wait I just saw the reference above to the Jeff Cooper quotation being mid season, so I guess they already had a deal with S&W by late '85. Which gave Galco a lot of lead time to create a holster component for the 645 by June '86.

I dont know but I believe there was a no earthtone rule with the show, which would have included the red of the front bead of the gun, and honestly I dont remember any of the smith and wesson revolvers on the show having the usual trademark red bead in any season (although some of the pocket guns didnt have it)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Z7jfgVBk0so its possible it could have been redone to fit in with that rule of the show. and from this shot from one of the S4 episodes it looks like there was 4 or 5 645's and 2 Detonics Eingefügtes Bildfrom Badge of Dishonoralthough why they would have so many is beyond me, it may have been them going through a cop warehouse for the shoot for all I knowas the 645 was a legit cop gun, while I dont think there ever was a real cop who carried a Bren ten.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=359651722as while its a little hard to see in that example. you can see the identifying marks of a state and Provence put on the side of the frame there, in the beadblasted section of the nose of the gun.and with the bren ten I remember the italian goverment had seized the magazines of the gun claiming them to be war materials, stopping the shipment of the magazines. so maybe after that happened they figured alright this thing isnt going to be around much longer so its about time to switch it out to a company that does have legit LEO contracts, which back then would have been chances are only Smith and Colt before the glock Plague hit in the early 1990's.plus the 645 and the CZ based bren ten have something in common, they were takes on making a better gun than the then 75 years old M1911which turned a 100 years old 2 years ago by the way.well with the magazine article the only way he could have known is if it was already announced and in the soldier of fortune magazine shoot of 1985 their was already references of them switching to the 645 and weirdly a Sig Sauer for S3 for Tubbs.namely that of the Sig Sauer 225 used in S4. plus sometime after the time of the production of yankee dollar which was the 2nd to the 11th of december in 1985 one of the daytona's had been already taken apart in a attempt to make a testarossa replicaand that was the last time that particular car was seen, as the original car used in the pilot was indisposed at that point, as a mechanic that was working on it decided to use it for an illegal firearms deal and got busted while using the car.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=2149forcing them to use the second, rougher car for the shoot half of the time, until the car was returned to the show. and was used for all of the last episodes of S2 and S3, and only that car.so you gotta figure if they knew the car was out, chances are the same applied to the gun, after all they had time enough in S3 to shoot the Testarossa in its original color for atleast one or two episodes after repainting it.and there WAS newspaper clipings of it in the original color and it showed up in one of the magazine articles about it from popular mechanics in the original color at one point.and even in the calendar for 1986/1987 with tubbs in his Irish Eyes clothes and it in its original paint jobEingefügtes Bildmeaning mid to late season they start gearing up before the next one, and hell I think tops they get about a month to a two month break period when making the next season of these TV shows.as that's what Bruce Campbell said in one of his interviews while working on that remake of Evil Dead Recently, that he was actually producing it on his break from Burn Notice for a month or two before working on the last one this year. hell one wonders if there's a burn notice community just like this one actually. and as a sidenote I really need to find a testarossa and daytona model kit one of these days and paint them in that color of that TR there, see how it looks on the daytona in black metallic.but I'm still working on the Excelsior and that's gonna take some time, have to redo a few bits, funny its the longest I've ever taken on a model in my life really, must be a year at this point.all to get the damn color and details right, as given with the filming techniques used it appeared grey blue in the films, yet not whilish blue like it is on the actual modelhttp://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605220808/memoryalpha/en/images/0/05/USS_Excelsior.jpgyeah that's how much time I put into getting the details right on anything in my life lol

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605220808/memoryalpha/en/images/0/05/USS_Excelsior.jpgyeah that's how much time I put into getting the details right on anything in my life lol

Wow, another gun and holster thread turned into a car and starship tangent. Yeah, I've done the 365 GTS Daytona and Testarossa model kits in the past and they are somewhere in storage, I should get those out for my office. I've only done the original Enterprise and Klingon D9 kits, probably the same time I did Ferraris in college.I tried to get some screencaps off my DVD in my Macbook from "Buddies", "Bought and Paid For" and "Junk Love". But the Macbook wouldn't allow it. I'll try using my camera and taking pics of the HD TV to see if I can get some screenshots. But looking closer I did see a few things:"Prodigal Son" to "Buddies" - Dan Blocker Lifeline"Bought and Paid For" - Lifeline in opening sequence, Galco holster and mag case with super wide harness"Junk Love" - Lifeline mag case, Galco thinner harness, (holster not visible) Still have most of the season to watch, I'll document what I find and try to get some pics up.

well I'm just explaining why I noted that stuff, as the cars changed as much as anything else in it and it can be a good sort of time scale of when the things changed that can be applied to anything else really. after all you see how much the thing changed in the first couple of seasons alone with everything else. holsters and guns included, I'll try and keep it abit more focused from now on but I am an enthusiast so its easy to get carried away about the stuff you care about and it helps me think to put this kind of stuff to pad an paper so to speak.after all with that kind of info I'm like a houndog trying to find out as much information about a subject as possible so I dont miss anything. anyways so you were right then about the holster parts getting interchanged though, which makes sense as I think its a compartmentalized system that is probably rigged up to take whatever gun holster gets attached to it. after all you see how drastically firearms have changed in the past 30 years so making it a good system like that was a solid idea on there part so it can be changed with the times unlike a single hip holster of some sort, although nowadays guns are now usually quite blocky around the slide rather than slimmed down like they used to be. even when it comes to .380's which is what surprised the hell out of me about this onehttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=358883177vs the old PPK slide for example, a popular pocket gun back then:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=358060904which may explain some of the changes to them, the holsters latter on, as maybe it was modded to put the gun a little further out from the ribs on the miami classic 2but I half wonder if sometimes Tubbs got the old holsters actually, as in Irish Eyes when he, the arms dealer goes to pull a pad and paper to tell crockett who outbid him for the shipment of missiles after the model of the Daytona bit the dust, tubbs pulls his revolver from a shoulder holster on him rather than in a hip holster like the one he had in Out Where the Busses dont run. which was usually reserved for his shotgun in Trust Fund Pirates and showed up in that same Soldier of Fortune article, I really must go and save those pages now that I think of it.

Actually if you want a good look at the holsters and some of the old outfits being reused, rewatch Mirror Image. as it looks like Tubbs' friend there, played by the black guy from The Home Invaders is wearing basically Crockett's old holster from the pilot with a new lighter colored strap on the right sideEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildComplete with what I think is a Sig Sauer P220http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8223&stc=1&d=1376545898http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8224&stc=1&d=1376545900that screw is actually the spring retention screw for that Bond/Keith Holster I mentioned earlier. http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8225&stc=1&d=1376545901'and also the other cop there when Tubbs first walks in seems to be wearing maybe another Crockett holster, possibly Crockett's Jackass lifeline rig judging by how lightly colored it ishttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8226&stc=1&d=1376545902http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8227&stc=1&d=1376545903or maybe this is the lighter galco one they experimented with for a little bit and that is the Sig 230 in his holster there, not the Bren, I double checked the scene.

post-592-13892965762254_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965762676_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296576297_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965763264_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965763557_thumb.jpg

Also for further reference the Holster at the start, its probably the last time we see the 645 and the belt holster Tubbs has for the 49 Bodyguard (supposedly the NYPD would not allow cops to carry Alloy guns which means that the thought that this is a model 38 bodyguard seems unlikely)http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8231&stc=1&d=1376546552http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8230&stc=1&d=1376546551http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8228&stc=1&d=1376546546Additionally looking at Galco's line right now they do have a belt holster for the old square trigger guarded 645 and 4506 if you would prefer to try that out instead of the shoulder holsters.http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=1233&GunID=138http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2280&GunID=138http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2648&GunID=138I guess enough of the old collectors and the old brass bugged them enough about this that they brought the holsters back for these guns.which makes sense as galco at one point cautiously apparently was going to make new holster for that revival gun that never came, if it had been made.

post-592-13892965763844_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965764276_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965764574_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296576487_thumb.jpg

well I'm just explaining why I noted that stuff' date=' as the cars changed as much as anything else in it and it can be a good sort of time scale of when the things changed that can be applied to anything else really. after all you see how much the thing changed in the first couple of seasons alone with everything else. holsters and guns included, I'll try and keep it abit more focused from now on but I am an enthusiast so its easy to get carried away about the stuff you care about and it helps me think to put this kind of stuff to pad an paper so to speak.after all with that kind of info I'm like a houndog trying to find out as much information about a subject as possible so I dont miss anything. [/quote']I was just giving you grief. There are a lot of tangents in the threads on this forum. Sometimes I go back to look where I read something and can't find it, and then happen to be rereading a thread on a different topic and boom it was in that one. It's the nature of this forum. Next thing you know, I'll be wondering where I read the info on the USS Excelsior and not finding on Star Trek threads, only to discover it was in the holster thread in the Miami Vice forum. :)The Bren Ten site lists the SOF article as being published in late 1986, which would have long after they adopted and started shooting with the S&W in third season. Was there another SOF article in '85?Yeah, the vertical holster was only used in the pilot movie, and only had the Sig in it. For "Heart of Darkness" the Bren was already adopted with the Dan Blocker Lifeline rig and was used all of 1st season after "Brother's Keeper", including "The Dutch Oven" (filmed at end of first season). The Lifeline was used in second season for "Prodigal Son", "Whatever Works", "Out Where the Buses Don't Run", and "Buddies". Then it was used one last time in the opening to "Bought and Paid For" before being replaced by the Galco.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8238[/ATTACH]The mag case in the picture from "Mirror Mirror" is a different style from the early Galco mag cases:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8239[/ATTACH]It resembles the current mag case attachment point design of the Miami Classic:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8240[/ATTACH]The difference between the early mag case and the current mag case being the open area where the harness attaches while the early was closed and the attachment was double thick leather. The newer one also has two snaps and uses a set of screws in between the mags to allow the case to be tightened to accommodate a variety of mags. I think the case in "Mirror Mirror" is an intermediate stage between the current case and the early case with the open attachment points, but with a single snap and the case sewn down the middle instead of adjustment screws. I didn't watch the early third season episodes closely enough a few months ago to notice the mag case design. I will have to go back and see if that was the design in use then.The cuffs case is absent in the "Mirror Mirror" pics, which is probably because you don't want to show up at a drug dealer party undercover with handcuffs hanging off your shoulder holster. Dead giveaway.The Galco mag case used in "Bought and Paid For" is the earlier design with the closed corners. But in "Junk Love", and in the "therapy" montage from "One Way Ticket", the Lifeline mag case is being used with the Galco harness.

post-11618-13892965769618_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965769986_thumb.jpg

post-11618-13892965770477_thumb.jpg

8238[/ATTACH]The mag case in the picture from "Mirror Mirror" is a different style from the early Galco mag cases:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8239[/ATTACH]It resembles the current mag case attachment point design of the Miami Classic:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8240[/ATTACH]The difference between the early mag case and the current mag case being the open area where the harness attaches while the early was closed and the attachment was double thick leather. The newer one also has two snaps and uses a set of screws in between the mags to allow the case to be tightened to accommodate a variety of mags. I think the case in "Mirror Mirror" is an intermediate stage between the current case and the early case with the open attachment points, but with a single snap and the case sewn down the middle instead of adjustment screws. I didn't watch the early third season episodes closely enough a few months ago to notice the mag case design. I will have to go back and see if that was the design in use then.The cuffs case is absent in the "Mirror Mirror" pics, which is probably because you don't want to show up at a drug dealer party undercover with handcuffs hanging off your shoulder holster. Dead giveaway.The Galco mag case used in "Bought and Paid For" is the earlier design with the closed corners. But in "Junk Love", and in the "therapy" montage from "One Way Ticket", the Lifeline mag case is being used with the Galco harness.

ah lol yeah I kinda guess I should start dividing up my posts by topic after the last one on the gunthread there, just for the sake of ease of use, as even I was surprised at how much I wrote there. I just thought I was going to write a paragraph or two, next thing I know I end up writing a book basically. hmm I'm not sure with the SOF as I would have thought they were on set during the shooting of S2 and got some insider info about S3 given the mention of the Sig 225 Tubbs never used that eventually showed up in S4. along with a photo of them in some sort scene that was never in the show with them having their guns up.one with Tubbs with the shotgun and Crockett with the Detonics outside of what looked like a very fancy house or mansion its juxtaposition I admit but I would imagine it would be pretty close to how it turned out and would line up with the photos and the weird mention of that nickel plated 225, a rare gun nowadays I thinkYeah I didnt think of that with the cuffs and he WAS just supposed to go fishing hmm maybe for the bren ten shooting scene they found the older holster pouch was faster or they didnt want to bang up the new holster quite yet. and latter than that maybe he wanted to keep the old lifeline rig for the bren ten, along with the gun itself as they started work on S3, which he supposedly has. also as for the bren ten's exit after the end of the setup at the start of Son's and Lovers he was never shown FINDING his gun after that, they just run off with it while he's left there with a Sawn Off Browning A5 semi automatic shotgun. and then latter in the episode it just magically showed up again, while in that scene at the start of Mirror Image it's the last time we see the 645 under his armsand also in regards to mirror image its funny to think that actually in a recent interview Don said that the longest recorded time anyone has had amnesia was 8 minutes, as he was talking to leno about that episode as it had Julia Roberts in it.not by name though when it came to calling it vice though, I guess he's still not quite comfortable enough to talk about it yet. Hmm I gotta wonder how different that episode would have been if they had done that instead though.