When did Crockett stop smoking?

aussiefan

I have just started watching the second season, again. Have not got to where Crockett is no longer seen smoking. I think it was in season 2. I believe Don Johnson still smokes today. If so, does anyone know why his character, Sonny Crockett, stopped?

Check out this thread.Click ---> here

Thanks for the link to the previous thread.I thought I saw where Don was smoking during an interview on the set of nash bridges. But I could be wrong as it was a few years ago and sometimes I have trouble remmembering a few days back:D Serious. Just that if he was still smoking himself then I assumed the show made the decision for his character to stop.

• Administrators

Viewer complaints did have something to do with it. I'd say it was a combination of that and Don wanting to quit for real.

• 2 weeks later...

Viewer complaints did have something to do with it. I'd say it was a combination of that and Don wanting to quit for real.

You must be right about stopping the on screen smoking because of complaints.I just came across this interview from when Don was on Nash Bridges. Read the first line. http://www.midtod.com/9611/donjohnson.phtml

Awesome interview, I especially like:

What other people think of me is none of my business -- only what I think of myself, and only how I feel about what I'm doing. I don't usually read any of the things that are written or said about me.

Thanks for posting!

I like the interview also. Don seemed to very approachable. Also was interested to hear some of the books he has read.

I like the interview also. Don seemed to very approachable. Also was interested to hear some of the books he has read.

Not sure whether DJ ever 'stopped smoking' (even the occasional or promotional cigarette or cigar)...however the SONNY persona stopped somewhere within Season II.....but you'd think that Crockett would never be able to 'givem up' based on his job requirements and stress level......Watched Freefall tonight...the last scene is totally classic...you can see the burn in Crocketts face when he look back to the St Vitus....total burn..burned out....classic

Not sure whether DJ ever 'stopped smoking' (even the occasional or promotional cigarette or cigar)...however the SONNY persona stopped somewhere within Season II.....but you'd think that Crockett would never be able to 'givem up' based on his job requirements and stress level......Watched Freefall tonight...the last scene is totally classic...you can see the burn in Crocketts face when he look back to the St Vitus....total burn..burned out....classic

I was also under the impression that never stopped smoking.Quite right, with the stress of the job, that Crockett probably would not have been able to give up. Of the police I have met, I would say the large majority of them smoked. My brother was a non smoker until he was 21, when he joined the army.Crocketts burnt out look in the final season was great. I always thought it was a natural evolvement for the character after years of that type of work.