Which episode do the tortoise shell Carrera sunglasses appear?

Pal

I know that they used both the black and tortoise shell versions of the Carrera sunglasses on the show. I'm trying to find any episodes where the tortoise shell variety where used.To me, in Brothers Keeper, Crockett looks like he's wearing the black variety.Odd question, I know... but it'll keep you busy and out of trouble!:D

if i'm not mistaken, coop's close-up slides reveal that they are the tortoise ones in the pilot.i know my tortoise copies look black from a distance.

copies look black from a distance.

I beleive Nofretz may be correct. They may be tortoise frames.The frames are not that distinctive looking tortoise frames like on raybans, but are more muted, and dark. I own originals, and they do look black from about a foot away. The rarer tortoise frames are what may have been used.-COOP

Here's a vintage tortoise shell carrera that may have been used in the series. Doesn't it look black?Eingefügtes Bild

There is some evidence that they may, in fact, have been black framed versions after all.I took some time to do some detective work.(Try to follow me on this, as this is the only place you will have this info I detail.)1. The lenses in the carrera's Crockett and Tubbs wear are rose tinted. The tortoise shell versions come with grey tinted lenses.Now, they DO have interchangeable lenses, and could have easily been swapped.2. The tortoise shell frames have gold tinted temples. The ones on the show appear to be silver, like on the black frame versions.Now, these too could have been swapped, as they would certainly fit.But with all the swapping of temples, and lenses for a frame that already looks sort of black, It's looking more and more like the shades may be the black frame versions, and not the tortoise shell versions.I think the center logo may have been removed on the glasses on the pilot version, but in scenes where tubbs wears them (like in cool runnin, and HIT LIST, the center logo is there, and it looks like the black frame versions logo, and not the tortoise shell version center logo (the logos color is a bit different on both styles).When I zoom 400 times on DVD on the pilot versions that Crockett is wearing when he leans over to get the scale out of the car, and his shades fall off and hit the ground, They look like tortoise frame versions to me. BOTTOM LINE:It's still inconclusive, but due to the evidence, I'm now leaning heavily on them being black versions that were used on the show.Any comments or questions?

just to compare...here are some pics of my vintage carrera 5512 tortoisehttp://www.miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=292http://www.miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=293http://www.miami-vice.ws/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=291

Those don't exactly look the same as mine.Yours may be a newer version.Where were yours made?It should say on the inside temple.

On the glasses it is printed Made in Austria...I bought them in a vintage store in Berlin.. they were not in a orginal box only the dustbag and there was what it look like old small orginal carrera patch attachted to the glasses...but I do have some spec on them...but no year when they where made :confused:Carrera 5512Dimensions temple length: 125mm (4.92 inches)Vertical height: 58mm (2.28 inches)Horizontal width: 147mm (5.79 inches)Made in AustriaItem no.C-5512-SB-0315

There is some evidence that they may' date=' in fact, have been black framed versions after all.I took some time to do some detective work.(Try to follow me on this, as this is the only place you will have this info I detail.)1. The lenses in the carrera's Crockett and Tubbs wear are rose tinted. The tortoise shell versions come with grey tinted lenses.Now, they DO have interchangeable lenses, and could have easily been swapped.2. The tortoise shell frames have gold tinted temples. The ones on the show appear to be silver, like on the black frame versions.Now, these too could have been swapped, as they would certainly fit.But with all the swapping of temples, and lenses for a frame that already looks sort of black, It's looking more and more like the shades may be the black frame versions, and not the tortoise shell versions.I think the center logo may have been removed on the glasses on the pilot version, but in scenes where tubbs wears them (like in cool runnin, and HIT LIST, the center logo is there, and it looks like the black frame versions logo, and not the tortoise shell version center logo (the logos color is a bit different on both styles).When I zoom 400 times on DVD on the pilot versions that Crockett is wearing when he leans over to get the scale out of the car, and his shades fall off and hit the ground, They look like tortoise frame versions to me. BOTTOM LINE:It's still inconclusive, but due to the evidence, I'm now leaning heavily on them being black versions that were used on the show.Any comments or questions?[/quote']I'm more and more leaning toward them being the black frame versions.

Same here. I've just bought some Carrera tortoise shell sunglasses (endurance) that are similar to the models used on the show. Mine have gold 'arms' but the ones on the show appear to feature silver.Very interesting...