Picture in Out Where the Buses Don't Run

MV86

I have watched and re watched Out where the buses don't run a few times. I don't really understand what the whole picture thing was with Lang. When Crockett pointed out the bust picture,Lang was so quick to take it down. I don't understand why.

My take on the whole thing about Hank being in that photo. C&T were questioning Lang about Weldon. The answers had Crockett thinking. He asked the trick question that if Lang didn't want anything to do with Weldon, that the guy was crazy and in his past, why hang a picture up with him in it? Then Lang gets all frustrated and ticked off, grabs the photo from the wall and shoves it away, making an excuse. C&T watch the reaction to the questioning and then to this question and realize there is more to this then what Lang is saying. Lang is showing signs that he knows more but will not say, or admit. He has the new career and all. Our brilliant detectives know he is hiding something and in the end he was. This is JMO..........Good topic!

Yes, mom, he did.....oh geez I am loopy.......Yes, he didn't want to be an acessory to what Hank did. But in the end he says, Hank was his partner so he helped bury the truth in two ways, in the wall and by not telling......I do like that episode, especially when Crockett remembers who Hank is and then when Hank starts driving Sonny nuts......And again like we were saying in Heart of Darkness, Sonny identifies with Artie and now with Hank.....so in S 1 I guess Sonny is identifying with a few people.....hehehe.

Crockett acted a little wacked out in some episodes,but I don't think he's going to show up in a dirty hawaiian shirt any time soon.

• Administrators
So this explains the end' date='right? Lang knew all along about Arcaro[/quote']Yes, he told Sonny at the end that he helped Hank build the wall. That is when he said "he was my partner...he was my partner...you understand."He knew Hank wigged out and killed Arcaro after he got off on the technicality. He felt compelled to help and protect his partner after the fact. He also felt incredibly guilty for doing so. That is why he was so edgy in the office with C&T's interview.Hank also went crazy afterwords for killing Arcaro. He knew what he did was wrong and couldn't except it in his psyche. That is why his personality changed and his wife left him. He was torn between the right he made (vigilante right) and the wrong it created.PS: Next week I'll be discussing women's penis envy as interpreted by Dr. Freud. ;)

• Administrators

No, I have one, so I have no envy! :D:D:DI once saw a comic strip that had a little boy and girl that were naked and getting ready to go swimming. The little boy said "No you can't touch it...you already broke yours off." :D

come now people...no cat fights.......................meooooooooooow!I loved the part of the loonie. He acted his part very well and I agree that he could not live with himself after murdering a bad guy. His partner did cover for him and it tore him up inside as well.I guess that is the human conscience pulling at our heartstrings for right and wrong???

Yes, Timm, from your post on Freud and to answer MV86. I find I accidently skip posts and think I'm answering right under one, wonder why that is?Anyway, Freud had a lot of sexual theories on human behaviors and Penis envy was one of them. Some make you think and some make you wonder if he wasn't Hank Weldon's brother...lol.....He had the Oedipus complex, where the son loves the mother in the wrong way to say it nicely. but these really are Fruedian theroies........I believe he started that theroy from a Shakesparian Play........Long time since I studied him in Psychology .......

Yes that too, Amber. But he also did a study on women who envied males, to be nice. Stinger, Yes, I think you are right about the heartstrings. Plus, the closeness of partners. Now would Crockett or Tubbs cover for one another if something like that happened? I'd like to heard what you guys think if they would or not. Now it's not the exact same thing but Crockett took out Hackman and no one in the squad blinked. I think they buried it in their heads that he deserved it and that he had a gun. But Sonny didn't know that Frank had one.....so, did Tubbs sort of do the same for Crockett, like Lang did for Weldon? :confused:

I don´t think Tubbs would have done the same for Crockett, because he obeyed the laws. Possibly he would have tried to bring him back on the right way before he made a mistake.Christine

• Administrators
I don´t think Tubbs would have done the same for Crockett' date=' because he obeyed the laws. Possibly he would have tried to bring him back on the right way before he made a mistake.Christine[/quote']He didn't obey the laws in the Pilot. He was pretty bent on revenge. But yes, for the most part he did prove that he usually did the right thing. Like not backing Clarence Batise (sp) by saying he saw a gun when he really didn't.

I agree that Tubbs would have stood by Sonny in almost anything. When Crockett went after Hackman I think every single person in the squad room knew that Sonny was NOT going on a vacation.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmThey knew what was right and wrong, and that "THAT WRONG" needed to be made right.The show was soo cool to give morality issues a form to debate! That's why this show was so cool!All the other shows of that era had an opening a middle and a nice clean ending to button up the episode...boring!

Stinger that is so true. Miami Vice did give you a lot to think about. The kids in Milk Run. Castillo said he'd give them the milk run for a job well done. But was it a milk run, not for Crockett who broke down and not for Tubbs who ran and got the guy for killing Eddie. Better yet, Crockett batting a thousand here. He tells Rico, first a junkie and now a hooker.....He loved Theresa and tried to do right by her. He didn't know she was a junkie so when he got into trouble with the evidence warehouse and Wyatt, Gordon Shaw tried to help him. And so did Theresa when she realized what she did to Sonny and to herself.....Shows that even Vice Cops can't always tell if someone is a junkie and high. I think it brought up an interesting thought about Real Life. Was he blinded by love, or that she was a doctor or even that she had the back surgery? As for Christine, Sonny fell for her but he had to do the right thing and took her in. They used her to lighten her sentence, but Sonny no longer saw her, he couldn't with his beliefs and the job. I liked the ending when she came to see him, he wasn't mad , he had gotten over it and even helped her out for helping them and saving his life. Love the song too, Holding Back The Years. It's late and I know there are bigger issues out there on the episodes but those were what came to mind. I'm sure you have some bigger ones.