Supposed MV prop blazers

Fresh Prince

dang. i hoped i was the only one who saw these...

Ahh sorry mate, well I'm not interested, none are really my size, but I thought it's fair for others to have a chance as well :)

oh no worries, man. maybe coop will see this and give us the verdict on their authenticity.

I read what the seller wrote, and I have some extreme concerns about authenticity. They need some documentation to prove some connection to MV, but I bet they can't provide it.

they would be cool for an MV costume, but they don't seem authentic to me.maybe they were in the prop house but never used :lightbulb:

dang. i hoped i was the only one who saw these...

I kinda was feeling the same thing. Less competition on something if someone has an interest in it. Costs the person even more money the more people know about something.

I kinda was feeling the same thing. Less competition on something if someone has an interest in it. Costs the person even more money the more people know about something.

I'm sorry I don't share that view. It's not like it isn't out there in the public eye already - on ebay! But I feel that if you want something, then price shouldn't be an object. I think you needn't worry though, as from what I'd noticed from the forum users a lot of them just 'window shop'.

I've noticed, as a result, that you have INCREASED the posting of findings in new threads since Nofretz and I weren't too thrilled with the listings being posted.Oh well, ...do as you will.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. I just want everyone to have a chance to obtain things they might like. Sometimes I spend hours searching for stuff that I don't want/need but I think that others here might; and it's not for nothing, if I make one person happy then it's worth it.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. I just want everyone to have a chance to obtain things they might like. Sometimes I spend hours searching for stuff that I don't want/need but I think that others here might; and it's not for nothing' date=' if I make one person happy then it's worth it.[/quote']Well, at least two members have verbalized that they are unhappy by the actions. I guess we don't count.If someone is interested in this sort of stuff, they could look it up for themselves.Bringing it to the attention of members and guests before an auction will only increase the number of bids, and money out of one's pocket who really has to now outbid more people than original.Let's hope you don't have your eye on something, and one of us posts it for all to see, and lessens your chances at obtaining it, and increasing your bid amount. It might just work against you some time.-COOP

whoa, hang on a sec :)i'm not unhappy about his posts. i'm indifferent. i just said i hope no one else saw it.from reading, i think both of you have a good point, but i'm out on this one ;)

• Administrators
Well' date=' at least two members have verbalized that they are unhappy by the actions. I guess we don't count.If someone is interested in this sort of stuff, they could look it up for themselves.Bringing it to the attention of members and guests before an auction will only increase the number of bids, and money out of one's pocket who really has to now outbid more people than original.Let's hope you don't have your eye on something, and one of us posts it for all to see, and lessens your chances at obtaining it, and increasing your bid amount. It might just work against you some time.-COOP[/quote']I'm detecting a little bitterness here Coop even though you said you have no interest in them.I don't see what the problem is with bringing this stuff to our attention. A lot of our members would love to have this stuff and yet have no idea where to find it. As far as authenticity, it's anyone's guess. I'm sure if they're DJ's size it's possible. Aside from that anyone could throw a blazer up there and claim it's from the show. My God, how many original Daytonas have we seen offered!

I'm detecting a little bitterness here Coop even though you said you have no interest in them.I don't see what the problem is with bringing this stuff to our attention. A lot of our members would love to have this stuff and yet have no idea where to find it. As far as authenticity' date=' it's anyone's guess. I'm sure if they're DJ's size it's possible. Aside from that anyone could throw a blazer up there and claim it's from the show. My God, how many original Daytonas have we seen offered![/quote']Excuse me, I'm not refering to the jackets. I have no interest in them. They were not worn by the stars.I'm refering to not posting things that some of us wish are not brought to the attention of everyone, (including hundreds of guests to this site) as we have to pay more money in a bidding war the more someone knows about it if it's a good item.Anyone can put the work in and go to ebay and search for things themselves it one has the interest.-COOP

Thanks nofretz and Ferrariman for seeing things the way they are.COOPER&BURNETT I could rebuke all your points. But I won't. This isn't about you and I hope you accept that fact. You brought yourself upon it for some reason.I spend hours online, sometimes because I have nothing better to do, sometimes until my eyes hurt, but mostly because I enjoy sharing with people. Isn't that what you do too? I'd rather you just tell me thank you.Or is it ok only as long you're doing the 'sharing'?I mean you refer to 'people' here as if they were some 3rd class citizens, some of these are your 'friends' I believe?! Maybe they don't have time to browse the net, or maybe they don't know how to use the sites, or maybe their dog died on that day... I could go on with maybes...The point is this is a site about Miami Vice and those items are Miami Vice so where else are the members going to talk about it, and where else are members going to look for things? On A-Team forum? You don't need to answer that.Let me sum up what I've just said, I want everyoe here to have something Vicey about them to show, and to do that they first need to get things.This is a free forum and I really don't see a problem about it.Btw. you'd be surprised how many thanks I get in pm because people are afraid to comment in fear of your backshlash. I'd think about that if I were you...

Thanks nofretz and Ferrariman for seeing things the way they are.

i remain neutral.

Thanks nofretz and Ferrariman for seeing things the way they are.COOPER&BURNETT I could rebuke all your points. But I won't. This isn't about you and I hope you accept that fact. You brought yourself upon it for some reason.I spend hours online' date=' sometimes because I have nothing better to do, sometimes until my eyes hurt, but mostly because I enjoy sharing with people. Isn't that what you do too? I'd rather you just tell me thank you.Or is it ok only as long you're doing the 'sharing'?I mean you refer to 'people' here as if they were some 3rd class citizens, some of these are your 'friends' I believe?! Maybe they don't have time to browse the net, or maybe they don't know how to use the sites, or maybe their dog died on that day... I could go on with maybes...The point is this is a site about Miami Vice and those items are Miami Vice so where else are the members going to talk about it, and where else are members going to look for things? On A-Team forum? You don't need to answer that.Let me sum up what I've just said, I want everyoe here to have something Vicey about them to show, and to do that they first need to get things.This is a free forum and I really don't see a problem about it.Btw. you'd be surprised how many thanks I get in pm because people are afraid to comment in fear of your backshlash. I'd think about that if I were you...[/quote']Firstly, your rant, and attack on me was hostle and rude.Secondly, for the third time or so, I have simply calmly stated that I have concern for those of us (much like myself, who does most of the buying of these items which I then kindly share with everyone here) who use auction sites for obtaining items that could be potentially important, would now be seen by even more people including non member "guests" to this site exposing them to a huge fan base.It therefore could raise the price of bids, meaning you, I, or anyone now may have to part with even more money due to more people knowing about it, that's all.I don't think anyone who likes to bid wants to spend more than they have to. That's all I have been saying.However, being the members support you, and not me (according to you), I will be more than happy to cut back with my sharing of rare items, take a back seat, and I look forward to all of the threads you will be sharing with us.P.S. When it comes to sharing, I generally share what I actually own.

• Administrators

OK guys, I can see BOTH points of view on this subject but, me, as a third party individual, not interested in buying anything on Ebay or anywhere else, also have to state that this is a MV board for "ALL" members to share their knowledge of MV. If there is an auction of items from MV then I personally don't see any harm in a member "sharing" that knowledge for all the other members to see. As Ferrariman stated, "How may Daytona's have we seen on Ebay that are supposedly "originals"?Now I know that you, Coop, are a "MEGA COLLECTOR" of MV and I know that as such you wish to keep the market of MV items "limited" for lack of a better term, but I for one don't see anything Fresh Prince is doing is wrong. He may be cutting into your personal collection of all things "Vice" but that is not necessarily meant to be mean or malicious to you or anyone else in my opinion. He is simply sharing what he has learned to the board for all members to enjoy. All of us are here to share what we know of MV. Our experiences of MV and the background information is unique to some members but nothing is wrong with sharing information about this great show.This is just my humble opinion here and I am not taking anyone's side on this subject. However, after reading this topic from the start, I have to say that this point is now moot. I am therefore locking this topic as no one will ever agree with this. If Ferrariman, as our Admin In Charge, feels this decision by me is wrong, he is of course free to unlock this and let the feud continue.My apologies to all involved. I have no "dog in this fight" and am not taking anyone's side on this matter.Respectfully,Tim

• Administrators
However' date=' being the members support you, and not me (according to you), I will be more than happy to cut back with my sharing of rare items, take a back seat, and I look forward to all of the threads you will be sharing with us.[/quote']First off let me say that the direction this topic had taken has me truly pissed! I agree with Tim locking it. Truth be told, he beat me to it.Secondly, I understand the whole bidding thing because EVERY SINGLE ITEM I've ever bid on, no matter what it is, ends up being jacked up because people don't know how to bid.Now Coop, with that being said, I HIGHLY doubt that the majority of our members are anywhere near your level of bidding or collecting so the threat they pose to you is probably slim to none. Lastly, aside from some words that were exchanged this is not a direct attack on you. There are no "sides" taken in all this so there's no reason for you to take your toys and hide them from members who truly enjoy them, most who have probably never bid on an item in their life.Nuff said, topic over!