Songs That Shouldn't be Played on a Baseball Park Organ

Frey

Most every baseball park has an organist who plays songs during a break in the action. Over the years, I've heard quite a few songs played at Fenway Park that make me say WTF?! PLAY THE ORIGINAL! Here's a partial list of some of your favorite songs that I've heard played:Tequila by The ChampsWhat a Wonderful World by Lois ArmstrongTotal Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie TylerLouie Loie by the KingsmanEight Days a Week and Here Comes the Sun by The BeatlesLight My Fire and Hello, I Love You by The DoorsI'll Be there by Jackson Five/ Mariah Carey:radar: :radar::rolleyes::thumbsdown:

how about the miami vice theme?? :)

It wouldn't surprise me if it's been played. Half the time, I can barely pick out a few notes from the song the organist is playing. It will sound familiar, but I won't be able to place it because it's sooooooo out of place. That happened last weekend when I heard Tequila being played. I recognized it, but couldn't think of what it was because the instruments were wayyyyyy different than the original.A buddy I go to the games with teaches piano, so he can usually pick the songs out.

you should request the theme from buddies during the baptism. now that would be cool!

Another song I heard on the organ at Fenway was "Mr. Sandman." :rolleyes:

Would this happen to be the same....Mr. Sandman, give me a dream, make him the cutest that I've ever seen, song?:confused:

Would this happen to be the same....Mr. Sandman' date=' give me a dream, make him the cutest that I've ever seen, song?:confused:[/quote']The very one. Yes.

The very one. Yes.

Goodness....I'd rather hear "Don't Worry Be Happy" (and I don't like this song at all), throughout all 9 innings.:rolleyes:

How about "HELTER SKELTER"? :)

Can't say I know the song....or if it's even a group....but from the sounds of it, I don't think I'd like it either.:)Somebody PLEASE teach these ball park organists how to play Crockett's Theme!!!!:):D

Goodness....I'd rather hear "Don't Worry Be Happy" (and I don't like this song at all)' date=' throughout all 9 innings.:rolleyes:[/quote']LOL! :D
How about "HELTER SKELTER"? :)
I haven't head it yet' date=' but it wouldn't surprise me if it's been played. The thing is, they have an extensive archive of original songs they play. They play [i']Sweet Caroline in the middle of the eighth inning at every game. Thankfully, the original. When I heard "Louie Louie", they actually played the original for about 30 seconds and then stopped so the organist could play it. :radar::birdie::rolleyes:

I like the original artists also but.......I believe in supporting' date=' LIVE MUSIC! :radio:[/quote']I'm sure you'd do more justice to those songs than the Fenway Park organist, Tony D :):thumbsup::radio: