7,000 FAKE ROLEXES CRUSHED!

COOPER&BURNETT

7,000 fake Rolex watches are steamrolled in Philly(AP) – 2 days agoPHILADELPHIA — A steamroller has crushed about 7,000 fake Rolex watches in Philadelphia under the orders of federal authorities seeking to deter would-be counterfeiters.Customs officials staged the destruction Monday to highlight law enforcement's role in protecting intellectual property rights.Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials say the watches were seized from Binh Cam Tran, who pleaded guilty last year to charges including trafficking in counterfeit goods.Tran is serving six years in federal prison. He has been ordered to pay more than $2.2 million to the Rolex Co.Authorities say Tran fabricated hundreds of thousands of fake Rolex watches in his home near Philadelphia. Officials seized about 24,000 counterfeit watches and enough parts to create 1 million more.Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reservedEingefügtes Bild

Keep in mind VICE fans. It's against the law to make, and sell counterfeit Rolex watches....but it's perfectly legal to BUY, and own one.However, if you go into a ROLEX dealer, and hand him the fake watch, by law, he dosn't have to return it to you.-COOP

That's a shame, I could think of better uses for these watches.Give them to 3rd world nations so people there can keep track of time etc...It's not like Rolex would lose money there and they would make a good name for themselves. Sometimes you can't help but wonder...

... if you go into a ROLEX dealer' date=' and hand him the fake watch, by law, he dosn't have to return it to you.-COOP[/quote']... and if they tried that on me (not that they have any reason to - I wear a Tag Heuer), it would be "fists of fury" time.I heard that the fake Rolex will also turn your wrist green - yeech.

Yes and no. It depends on what quality your Rolex is.If it's from china, your wrist will be green.If it's Italian or Swiss, it's fairly thick Gold plated, and will not turn your wrist green. (That's what I have.)

The amount of fauxlexes you see overseas is hysterically funny.I wish I would've bought 10 so I could walk around with 5 on each arm like a rappa in da biz.

I've been to South Korea twice. You can easily walk down the street and see vendors out in the open selling bootleg DVD's, sports memorabilia as well as fake Rolexes.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes and no. It depends on what quality your Rolex is.If it's from china' date=' your wrist will be green.If it's Italian or Swiss, it's fairly thick Gold plated, and will not turn your wrist green. (That's what I have.)[/quote']Green / Blue..nah.....depends on the wearer's own body chemistry and pH.....I know folks that 'rust' even the purest of metal alloys...and others that have some sort of pH that doesn't affect anything.....

Green / Blue..nah.....depends on the wearer's own body chemistry and pH.....I know folks that 'rust' even the purest of metal alloys...and others that have some sort of pH that doesn't affect anything.....

I've heard that to be true, yeah. Fake gold could corrode, but I don't thing real Gold would corrode. Mine is plated in real Gold. The Ocean doesn't corrode real gold, thus shipwreck finds.

An Interesting article on this great site . :D

I'll be posting MORE information soon. Perhaps in this, or another thread.I'm very happy that you find this subject interesting. Nobody seemed to touch on this subject on any other vice site, so I decided to start posting information I have on the subject.I have more info that I'll post.