Miami Walking Tour: Calle Ocho

Richie Rich

Excellent website from National Geographic. I intend to do this walking tour - soon. There are so many points that they detail, most of them places that I might just walk right past, without knowing the history, or the importance. Looks enjoyable, not to mention an obvious food lover influence, with the mention of café con leche, paella, Spanish wine, and pitchers of sangria, & bakeries offering racks of crusty Cuban bread and guava pastries.Then, the recommendation to order a steaming Cuban-style tamale with spicy, fresh tomato-cilantro salsa, and coco frio (coconut water).Maybe they should call it an "Eating and Walking Tour".http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/city-guides/miami-walking-tour-3/Eingefügtes BildCheck out the Miami Quiz, at the bottom of the page, for all you Miami experts.

• Like 1

I've always been interested in the history of things right in my own backyard.Local history is so interesting, and it really brings your city to life.Visit all the historical local places you can. You'll get a great feeling of satisfaction of "feeling" the history and connecting with the past.

Exactly, Coop. That is why I am going to do this walking tour. I think it may have no MV locations, but it sure has lots of history and local flavor (and some damn good food too).

Exactly' date=' Coop. That is why I am going to do this walking tour. I think it may have no MV locations, but it sure has lots of history and local flavor (and some damn good food too).[/quote']It sounds like it may be filled with "LOCAL FLAVOR" with the good food! :)Sounds like a delicious way to spend a day in your own back yard. Wish I could join you pal. :cheers: