A special event in my area

Christine

Every year at the beginning of May, there´s a special event in my area, the Medieval Market on the Castle of Homburg. I can see this castle with a look out of my window.The Medieval Market is an event that attracts many people every year. Last year, about 5000 visitors came to the market, some of them from far away.On this market, one can see how things were produced in the Middle Ages, how they had spoken, what kind of clothes they had worn, and so on. An executor with a "bloody" ax is always walking around, and there´s a stake in the middle of the market where people who can´t pay their debts can be bounded. Fortunately, nobody was ever bounded during the last 20 years, since the market was held the first time.Besides that, one can have a look at the castle. Its kitchen is still used and sometimes there´s an event where one can learn how bread had been baked in the past.And, we´ve got something very special in my area: The only post coach in Germany. One can buy a ticket for a ride of about three hours with it. But nobody needs to be afraid when riding with it because no gangsters will stop the post coach to steal your money and your jewlery!:)