HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO VICERS & VICERETTES!!!!

Maria714

Eingefügtes BildENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST!!!! Be Safe & Party Responsibly!!!!:D:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:P.S.: For those who may not understand what is celebrated on Cinco De Mayo....I have included a link to a story done by MTV on Understanding The Holiday's History!!!!http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1638446/20100505/story.jhtml
  • Like 1

Have a Great Holiday Maria!

Thank You Gary!!!!:)....This "Hard Partying Kinda Gal" will be taking it easy today.;)

I don't know about this Cinco de Mayo ...

Created by the restaurant and bar industry here, to get us to buy more food and drinks from them each year on this day.One margarita only for me, after all, the next day it's back to work.

Happy holiday Maria!Here in Holland we also party at May 5 but we don’t know Cinco de Mayo. On may 4 we have memorial day to memorialize all the people who died in World War II and at May 5 we celebrate we live in freedom nowadays.

Created by the restaurant and bar industry here' date=' to get us to buy more food and drinks from them each year on this day.One margarita only for me, after all, the next day it's back to work.[/quote']Interesting perspective Richie!Here in Italy this day (Cinque Maggio) is known because of a famous poem about Napoleon. It's a long poem that we are forced to learn by heart at school.For me it's an important day because it's my dad's birthday: we've just come back from dinner!

• Administrators

Thank you Maria for the link to the explanation of the holiday. It is one of those things you wonder about but never have time to Google. I always thought it was just another excuse to get drunk! ;)

Thank you Maria for the link to the explanation of the holiday. It is one of those things you wonder about but never have time to Google. I always thought it was just another excuse to get drunk! ;)

You're Welcome TIMM!!!!:) And Yes....that idea of getting totally plastered totally obliterates the meaning of this holiday.:)

Happy holiday Maria!Here in Holland we also party at May 5 but we don’t know Cinco de Mayo. On may 4 we have memorial day to memorialize all the people who died in World War II and at May 5 we celebrate we live in freedom nowadays.

I like that.THIS is something to really remember, and never forget, no matter how much time has passed. :clap:

• 7 years later...