Article on DJ with rare pictures (Dutch magazine)

2morgen

Translation:Header:If DJ has a day off…….Okay it doesn’t happen much but if DJ has – once in a hundred years- a day off then he enthusiastically does everything he normally doesn’t have the time for. Walk after us…..Text:The change that you see DJ at home is very small. But then what do you want? His appointment book is the last years extremely full and a day off is just not happening. But if it does then the day is a party for Don.The day starts – and would you expect different- with a strong cup of coffee to wake up. Then it is time to feed is dog his morning dinner. The Loyal dog defends his home faithfully every day. We also like to say something about the place his house is located. It is in the hills off Santa Monica. They are the decor for Dons private-home. Just a half hour drive from LA if there is no traffic jams. Today there is no need to go to LA so a fresh dive in the kidney-shaped pools follows. That is not only nice, no the knife cuts a both sides, because it is also good for his condition. As a detective you have to be able to run fast.When Dons beautiful body is dry, his fingers are being tested on flexibility; playing the piano is besides playing the guitar one of Dons favourite’s hobbies. Don’s musical career maybe less important then his acting career, if there is a little time and there is a piano or a guitar around then you can be assure Mr. Johnson cannot keep his hands of them.So the fingers are flexible and that has a positive side for the mechanic work. Mechanic work?Yes, you may see Sonny Crocket drive with a dizzying speed, in a Ferrari Testarossa over your TV screen, in real live Don drives a old MG. Good, he makes enough money to buy a enormous Rolls to sit in with his well build behind, Don likes a MG better. Not only are the English sport cars rare in the USA, but more important you can do a lot of mechanic work on it. A test drive with a open car is also on the agenda of today. You really come to rest from all of your worries if you have a free day.After a meal. ( out off the microwave) and a cup of coffee the reality comes back to Don. Tomorrow morning a shoot? That means early out of bed, but first – and that is more important- tonight learn the script of the next MV episode. So you sea a day of for Don ends with work. Pff what a life.

I will post the translation off the text by the pictures later today.I hope the translation is in understandable English, it was a bit difficult to translate Dutch expressions in to English.

Thank you very much, 2morgen! :):thumbsup: Very interesting article and funny pictures. And special thanks for the translation. Don't worry, it's very understandable. :thumbsup:One thing makes me wonder: how come DJ was living at his LA home while shooting MV? :confused: I used to think he lived in Miami at the time... and it would be very inconvinient to take a plane from LA to Miami to shoot episodes. :eek: Of course he just could have flown to LA to see his family, but there was no indication of that...:confused: or did I get something wrong?

Thank you very much' date=' 2morgen! :):thumbsup: Very interesting article and funny pictures. And special thanks for the translation. Don't worry, it's very understandable. :thumbsup:One thing makes me wonder: how come DJ was living at his LA home while shooting MV? :confused: I used to think he lived in Miami at the time... and it would be very inconvinient to take a plane from LA to Miami to shoot episodes. :eek: Of course he just could have flown to LA to see his family, but there was no indication of that...:confused: or did I get something wrong?[/quote']I have the same reservations about the accuracy of this article. But because I never found the pictures anywhere else I thought it would be nice to post it.

Translations of the text with the picturesPicture of Don standing by his carNo mechanic is to touch Don his Car. He likes to do his own maintenancePicture of Don sitting in his car I am not going to translate this because it is a stupid remark about white powder that isn’t C….. but detergent out of the time he still had to wash his socks.Picture with the dog.Don and Dog Johnson. What do people say again? Something like how bosses are going to look like their dogs as times goes byDon at the PianoFinger exercises at the piano. To keep his shooting fingers elastic. On the wall a golden record from a Eagles song whom Don wrote together with guitarist Don Henley.We discussed if this could be true over here: http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=2677Don sitting at the tableAfter a day of peace and quit it is good to work. Or was it the other way around?Well what ever may be tomorrow there is another day at the set. That means a lot of studying on the script, tonight!

2MORGEN,Loved the article and the pictures!Thank you for taking out your time to translate the photos. That must have taken quite a bit of time.The photos are unique.I didn't know he had a dog. Also, the artice mentions the TESTAROSSA, however, the photos seem to be clearly from season one or two, as the hair, the shirt, (and I think the smoking) wasn't around in season three.THANKS AGAIN FOR POSTING THIS!! :clap::clap:You made my day!

2MORGEN' date='Also, the artice mentions the TESTAROSSA, however, the photos seem to be clearly from season one or two, as the hair, the shirt, (and I think the smoking) wasn't around in season three.[/quote']I've noticed this too... I mean the hair and stuff (missed the Testarossa, though)... it proves that there's a high probability that an article is inaccurate. Kind of weird, you know - photos from one season, description from another... :rolleyes: ("Microwave breakfast", huh? I've read a story about Don's cook in Miami getting up at 4.00 a.m. to get fresh oranges from the tree (!) to make fresh juice for Don's breakfast! Maybe it's not true, but...) I really hate reporters doing this kind of thing. :evil:But of course it doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the article. At least, the photos were genuine anyway, if not from the right season, and very interesting. :thumbsup:Oops, I'm doing this again... too much talking I mean. :rolleyes: My apologies. :)

Oh, by the way... Found this picture - very much like one of those in the article, just a little bit different... same time, same place, I think, only Don is reading a newspaper instead of the script.

post-677-13892963121785_thumb.jpg

2MORGEN' date='Loved the article and the pictures!Thank you for taking out your time to translate the photos. That must have taken quite a bit of time.The photos are unique.I didn't know he had a dog. Also, the artice mentions the TESTAROSSA, however, the photos seem to be clearly from season one or two, as the hair, the shirt, (and I think the smoking) wasn't around in season three.THANKS AGAIN FOR POSTING THIS!! :clap::clap:You made my day![/quote']You are very much welcome!!I am just a little sad that the article isn't that accurate.I have got another one with pictures I have never seen before overhere.Hope to post it sometime this weekend. ( translation takes somes time, but I am happy to do it)

Oh' date=' by the way... Found this picture - very much like one of those in the article, just a little bit different... same time, same place, I think, only Don is reading a newspaper instead of the script.[/quote']Great find and thank you for sharing!

Oh' date=' by the way... Found this picture - very much like one of those in the article, just a little bit different... same time, same place, I think, only Don is reading a newspaper instead of the script.[/quote']That photo does seem to match the others. Cool!I love the stuff you ladies share on this site. :clap:

• 1 month later...