NEW 2010 JAN HAMMER TRACK!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Here's the latest track (MADE FOR EACH OTHER) featuring JAN HAMMER!Jan's lead "guitar" in the track sounds JUST like the classic guitar sound heard in the MIAMI VICE episodes!It's SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! How refreshing to hear!Eingefügtes Bild

Hi Coop good find. Is this readily avaliable to the wider MV audience?Is this really a brand new release, or has it been around for a while?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Waaaahoooo! This song should have been used on the movie... maybe it could have been saved....on the music part... he he

It's HAMMER TIME!!! :dance2:The video used for the you tube music video was REALLY well done, and is edited to the music quite well, wouldn't you say?

Hi Coop good find. Is this readily avaliable to the wider MV audience?Is this really a brand new release' date=' or has it been around for a while?:thumbsup::thumbsup:[/quote']It's a brand new release.Interesting that the two tracks have names of MIAMI VICE episodes, however, the music has nothing to do with the episodes, other than JAN HAMMER performs on it. LOVE the guitar!

Waaaahoooo! This song should have been used on the movie... maybe it could have been saved....on the music part... he he

It wouldn't have saved the movie,.. but it sure would have sucked less. :)JAN HAMMER RULES!

Great combination; "our" Tom Holkenborg and Jan Hammer together!!!!:dance2:

Here's the publicity press release that came with the CD.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Which Tom are we talking about? OMG' date=' his editing is phenomenal, 10/10.[/quote']I ABSOLUTLEY AGREE!

FWIW, I am not as enthusiastic over this track for several reasons. From the start, I felt a little cheated; the EP is called 'Fairlight', which leads one to believe we're in for some retro-synth goodness - or at least a fair amount of the instrument used in the tracks! Unfortunately, the only thing that may have been played on a Fairlight in any of the 3 tracks is Jan's solo, which sounds more like the DX7 sample to my ears. Now the solo, while great as always, is not only too short, but also suffers from clipping! There is no excuse for that in these days of compressed audio! I do not blame Jan for this, by the way. Overall, the EP is good, just disappointing. I think Jan's collaboration with Freelance Hellraiser was far better. Just my .02¢! Remember - all taste is in the mouth! YMMV. :)goozer :radio:

FWIW' date=' I am not as enthusiastic over this track for several reasons. From the start, I felt a little cheated; the EP is called 'Fairlight', which leads one to believe we're in for some retro-synth goodness - or at least a fair amount of the instrument used in the tracks! Unfortunately, the only thing that may have been played on a Fairlight in any of the 3 tracks is Jan's solo, which sounds more like the DX7 sample to my ears. Now the solo, while great as always, is not only too short, but also suffers from clipping! There is no excuse for that in these days of compressed audio! I do not blame Jan for this, by the way. Overall, the EP is good, just disappointing. I think Jan's collaboration with Freelance Hellraiser was far better. Just my .02¢! Remember - all taste is in the mouth! YMMV. :)goozer :radio:[/quote']As a MAJOR Jan Hammer fan, I certainly see what your talking about.I had originally hoped that the tracks MADE FOR EACH OTHER and HEART OF DARKNESS (two season one episodes) would have been original tracks, or redone versions by Jan himself. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.The guitar solo by JAN is crisp, and clean sounding, but I too agree it's clipped, and way too short, but with not much coming from JAN these days, it's a breath of fresh air to hear him again.I too had hoped for more, but we just have to accept it for what it is.The guitar solo, and the video are welcome additions. :thumbsup:(Thanks for your comments Goozer. I wish you would post more often.)-COOP

• Administrators

I can't help but have mixed feelings about this track. I love anything Jan does but I was also expecting, by the titles, to hear tracks from the Vice episodes.I know Jan is getting up there in age but I hope he's not falling by the wayside only to be heard as a guest on somebody else's albums. That piece of crap rap remix of Crockett's Theme immediately comes to mind! This track was good but nothing I'm in a hurry to buy or even listen to again. Sorry

Yeah, that was the other sucker punch about the EP - the track titles! Funny that I left that out...oh well.I wonder which electronica star he'll collaborate with next year...;)goozer :radio:

Yeah' date=' that was the other sucker punch about the EP - the track titles! Funny that I left that out...oh well.I wonder which electronica star he'll collaborate with next year...;)goozer :radio:[/quote']Hopefully YOU! You can show 'em how it should be done. :clap:

Thanks for the extra info' date=' C&B!!!:thumbsup:[/quote']For you.......anything. :thumbsup:

Just got it off UK iTunes - released 23rd March 2010... thanks for the heads up Coop x

Your welcome Morgana!! :happy: