Everywhere I See the Colors of Vice...Which Are So Very Nice!!

ViceFanMan

Everywhere I go it seems like I see "Miami Vice" and the 80's with the clothes! No matter what store I go in it seems like everything is 1985-1987 with pink, teal, and all sorts of pastels. They all have the rolled sleeve thing going on too! :cool:Even a lot of young kid's and teen's hairdews are starting to go "punk" with mo-hawks, fo-hawks, and even bizarre colors! :)Can't say much for the "punk" hairstyles...as I didn't really like those the first time around. But, I LOVE the pastels back and the 80's styles for guys again! Awesome!! :thumbsup:

Y'er speak'in my language pal!I've bought several pastel things in the last few days. (when am I NOT buying clothes?:))

• Administrators

Wait long enough and everything old is new again!

Okay...my avatar has disappeared?? Oh well...maybe just a "glitch?"Anyway, back to the topic--Exactly!! I see these young kids and teens wearing things that I wore as a young kid and early teen. When the 90's came around I swore I'd never own another pink or pastel shirt--as by then the 90's were more about bright neon colors. Another immensely popular cop-drama that really captured the 90's bright neon colors (as "MV" did for the 80's pastels) was USA's "Silk Stalkings."But, never say never!! :) I now own several different colors of pink and teal shirts again--and I'm actually enjoying them more the second time around! The rolled sleeve thing is cool again too. :cool:

Okay...my avatar has disappeared?? Oh well...maybe just a "glitch?"Anyway' date=' back to the topic--Exactly!! I see these young kids and teens wearing things that I wore as a young kid and early teen. When the 90's came around I swore I'd never own another pink or pastel shirt--as by then the 90's were more about bright neon colors. Another immensely popular cop-drama that really captured the 90's bright neon colors (as "MV" did for the 80's pastels) was USA's "Silk Stalkings."But, never say never!! :) I now own several different colors of pink and teal shirts again--and I'm actually enjoying them more the second time around! The rolled sleeve thing is cool again too. :cool:[/quote']Don't worry about the "missing" avatar, they are just upgrading the software. It will return in time.Dress VICE pal, it's fun, and quite comfortable!

Don't worry about the "missing" avatar' date=' they are just upgrading the software. It will return in time.Dress VICE pal, it's fun, and quite comfortable![/quote']Thanks for letting me know about the avatar thing! Definitely dress VICE!! It's very comfortable and awesome style too! I'm considered a "wild" dresser anyway by friends and family :)--I love color, with tons of Hawaiian shirts and now I'm adding to my "Vice" colors again. I have hardly anything black or gray...and only a couple brown things. Everything else is a color of some kind! :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me know about the avatar thing! Definitely dress VICE!! It's very comfortable and awesome style too! I'm considered a "wild" dresser anyway by friends and family :)--I love color' date=' with tons of Hawaiian shirts and now I'm adding to my "Vice" colors again. I have hardly anything black or gray...and only a couple brown things. Everything else is a color of some kind! :thumbsup:[/quote']:clap::clap::thumbsup:

• Administrators

Okay...my avatar has disappeared?? Oh well...maybe just a "glitch?"

Yes we are in the process of upgrading the software and some things are a bit kooky right now. I'm sure that when we are completely done with the upgrade things should be back to normal. I hope! :eek:Was your avatar a personal one or one that was chosen from the list that was on the board?I see Coop's has disapeared too while mine and F-man's has not?Odd! :radar:

Yes we are in the process of upgrading the software and some things are a bit kooky right now. I'm sure that when we are completely done with the upgrade things should be back to normal. I hope! :eek:Was your avatar a personal one or one that was chosen from the list that was on the board?I see Coop's has disapeared too while mine and F-man's has not?Odd! :radar:

My avatar was a personal one. I hope it will return when things are upgraded. If not, I'm sure I can probably re-add it again. Thanks for letting me know!

• Administrators

Humm...was it added recently or a while back?Some features will unfortunately be hit or miss for a while on here but I'm sure in the end we will figure out a way to get everything back the way it was. I hope! :eek:

• Administrators

Was your avatar a personal one or one that was chosen from the list that was on the board?I see Coop's has disapeared too while mine and F-man's has not?Odd! :radar:

Rank has it's priveledges! :dance2:Seriously though, my avatar is saved to my photobucket account. perhaps that's why?

Pastels have been returning slowly, history repeats itself I guess. The last time I was at the mall I saw pastel pink and pastel blue wayfarers and wondered would Crockett actually get away with wearing those at the office or would the entire staff laugh him out of the office.Pink pastel Wayfarers ...:eek:

Humm...was it added recently or a while back?Some features will unfortunately be hit or miss for a while on here but I'm sure in the end we will figure out a way to get everything back the way it was. I hope! :eek:

It was fairly recently...in the past couple weeks or so?? It still shows it when I first log into the main or home page--off to the right showing it's me that's logged in. But, when I actually go to the forums to post, it no longer shows once I've posted my message. Don't know?? Should I try re-adding it in the "edit avatar" section?

It was fairly recently...in the past couple weeks or so?? It still shows it when I first log into the main or home page--off to the right showing it's me that's logged in. But' date=' when I actually go to the forums to post, it no longer shows once I've posted my message. Don't know?? Should I try re-adding it in the "edit avatar" section?[/quote']Actually ViceFanMan....I can answer this for you in case the Administrators don't log on anymore tonight. The "Edit Avatar" feature is TEMPORARILY disabled until the vB4 new software is fully installed. Once that happens....everything will hopefully return to normal. But maybe the Administrators can do something to help you get it back up.

Actually ViceFanMan....I can answer this for you in case the Administrators don't log on anymore tonight. The "Edit Avatar" feature is TEMPORARILY disabled until the vB4 new software is fully installed. Once that happens....everything will hopefully return to normal. But maybe the Administrators can do something to help you get it back up.

Thanks for the info! Naa...it's okay. If it will most likely be back up once the new software is installed, then I'll wait. It's not a huge deal...for now. :p

Thanks for the info! Naa...it's okay. If it will most likely be back up once the new software is installed' date=' then I'll wait. It's not a huge deal...for now. :p[/quote']You're Welcome ViceFanMan:)!!!!

Pastels have been returning slowly' date=' history repeats itself I guess. The last time I was at the mall I saw pastel pink and pastel blue wayfarers and wondered would Crockett actually get away with wearing those at the office or would the entire staff laugh him out of the office.Pink pastel Wayfarers ...:eek:[/quote']LOL!! :) I haven't noticed pastel colored Wayfarers...that would be interesting! I have my Wayfarers but they're the real ones--and exactly like the ones Crockett wore on the show.But, yeah, each time I go in the mall I see pastels everywhere--even in the winter it's long sleeved pastel colored shirts! :cool: I'm getting everything pink, teal, and even a pastel green again! :)Anyway, another item I'm waiting to arrive is a "Miami Vice" T-shirt--with two awesome scenes, one above and one below the show logo. It looks so awesome, and I can't wait for it to get here!! :rauchen:

yes yes yes! The colours and the style are definetly back, even in here backwoods Finland. Many of the outfits seen in "Vice" can even be easily spotted in the streets nowadays. I personally love the 80s style and it's very cool that people have awakened to this great style. it's a renaissance, oui!

yes yes yes! The colours and the style are definetly back' date=' even in here backwoods Finland. Many of the outfits seen in "Vice" can even be easily spotted in the streets nowadays. I personally love the 80s style and it's very cool that people have awakened to this great style. it's a renaissance, oui![/quote']I've seen evidence that it has slowly been coming back for a few years. There still isn't an 80's craze yet, but it's the closest to it yet!I BLEED PASTEL! :thumbsup:

I've seen evidence that it has slowly been coming back for a few years. There still isn't an 80's craze yet' date=' but it's the closest to it yet!I BLEED PASTEL! :thumbsup:[/quote']LOL!! :) Awesome! I think I might bleed pastel too...but for now I'll wear it instead! :pYeah, it's not a total 80's craze...but each year I see more and more. I'm just extatic that the "Vice" 80's style is really back again! :thumbsup:

Overhere there not much pastels just yet. :cry::cry::cry::cry:I hope the stores will bring them in soon!

Keep hoping...they may show up! :thumbsup: You can always order online and start the trend again, where you're at. :cheers: