Goodbye, Lost!

cageyJG

OMG - SAD! SPOILERSHurley's buxom figure? Well, he ate peanut butter all this time! (Or just walked to the McDonald's off the set.)I can't wait to see the analysis/love/hate. It's a bit unclear right now what the he** just happened. Forward! Sideways! Backwards! The island sank at the beginning of the season! That was symbolic of what COULD happen, what WAS HAPPENING, or what really HAPPENED???What happened to Jack's son? Locke told Jack after the operation that "Jack had no son." So some history got erased, Jack's relationships with the female characters got erased. All I know is that I'm glad no chicks were around when Vincent the dog lied down next to Jack as he died - I could've lost it despite being so freaking much an internet tough guy as you know I am! Manly. Oh yeah, I'm also waiting for someone to say, "The secret of the island? Oh, it was phallic." :blind: (Nuke symbol)Lots of fun; too many critics!

• 2 weeks later...

I will start with a traditional spoiler warning. Maybe someone wants to see the show. You've been warned.My conclusion to the series is that everything that happened on the island was... you know real, but the "sideways" was just a place where the characters meet up after they all have died so they can "move on" together. All of this is has underlying spiritual and religious tones, but I think I basically get it.Now the most important part is that they all didn't die together (I just said that) and whatever happened on the island really happened. Jack's father tells him in the church that the time spent on the island was the most important part of their life. And Hurley tells Ben he was a good number two. Therefore all of what we have seen out of the "sideways" timeline really did happen - in the context of the show though(;Furthermore, I think that the ending was great in a way that viewers got to see their beloved characters be together in the end. There have been numerous shows where fans are left disappointed with the fate of the show's characters. Lost wrapped this out very nicely and that is the reason people whine about the mythology not being explained thoroughly. People don't have a legitimate reason to whine about the characters fate.It is in the human nature to not be satisfied with anything. That is why everybody whines about the ending not explaining all the mysteries. But the producers already have said multiple times that they will not explain everything. And to be honest do you really want to know EVERYTHING?I think it was an intelligent ending concerning the shows mythology and character's fate. However there is nothing perfect in life and I would have liked to get a couple answers more. Like I said there is definitely no need to answer everything, but just a few things more. And looking the character ending in a different light - it may have been just a bit cheesy - lovers get together and whatnot. But maybe all the drama they have lived through on the island was enough so the "sideways" that they themselves created (watch the show, it was explained that they created "sideways" ) was some sort of a reward for all they had been through.In addition, there was an interview with Matthew Fox, who said that there are religions where a soul is supposed to remember in "afterlife" their physical body's death so they can move on (I think that was what he said). That is another thing to hold on to.Overall I think the ending was good and the best part is that the show ended before it had gone too complicated (which it already is). I'm afraid that this show will not have a good run in the syndication, because you won't understand anything if you skip episodes and there are too many episodes - over a hundred hours of screen time is too much - you have to be a die-hard fan to watch this again. I for one could not do that. I have watched that show and now I'm done with it.In conclusion I think it is a cool way to end the show: you can basically tell your friends if they ask how it ended, that they all died, which is actually true.