Top 10 Series Finales Ever

sredd

Guest neworder

According to wikipedia, 24 series finale got about 9 million viewers. I'm certainly not surprised Vice isn't in the top 10, it's overall ranking was 61 for Season 5 down from 8 for Season 2, from what I've read and seen, Vice wasn't very popular by that point, understandably so from some episodes in S4/S5 which alienated audiences in a big way. Vice was a fast riser and fast faller.But if anybody has the figures I'll be happy to eat my hat if It was watched by any-more than 10 million people!!!

• 5 months later...

The finale for the 1st Survivor was HUGE, then it was downhill after that. Stopped watching early into S2, just wasn't as interesting IMHO. I'm suprised that it's still on the air now.

• Administrators

I may be wrong but I thought something recently topped MASH as the most watched finale.

I don't remember the Vice finale being a huge event, was it?Thank heaven Newhart didn't make that list. Everytime I think about that show, I think about the premise of that show, the most drab, grey, soul-sucking and lonely existence possible and shudder. Why fool around when they could've gone all in and made a show about lighthouse keepers?P.S. Is it possible to get shows like Magnum on Netflix?

• Administrators

"Newhart" wasn't the best but it did have one of the all time best shock endings! and they did it long before Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower!

Newhart was no. 15. What was the end? (SPOILER) Wasn't it a dream sequence? Sorry if anyone liked that show, having no neighbors and freezing my butt off are just not happy thoughts for me.

I may be wrong but I thought something recently topped MASH as the most watched finale.

I know the finale of MASH is no longer the most-watched TV show in history, but perhaps it was beaten by something other than a different TV finale. I think it may have been a recent Super Bowl, actually. Or I could have dreamt the whole thing.