Hard Knocks

Joe

Veerry good story, I´ve seen it today and it´s a typical season 5 and VICE - styled - story.:clap::clap:For me it´s sad to see Stan in such problematic troubles, also sad that Stan isn´t aldready funny.:cry:But everything is wonderful in this episode, from music ("Nobody´s Perfect" !!!) too the story.Very thrilling are also the end scenes with the shooting betwenn Stan and Goodman´s people !For me the end scene between Sonny and Stan is very emotional. :clap::cheers: The talk is sad but it´s sooo nice that Sonny helps Stan with his problemes !And all this wonderful scenes coupled with TT music.:radio::happy:

Ahh this is the one where Sonny finds the book and gives it to Stan as they sit on Stan's front stairs......I enjoyed this episode too and I liked that part of it. Showing that they were still close. But Stan was heading down a bad path and it worried the people he worked with who all became friends. They had to always being together, putting their lives in each other's hands, I can't see them not forming friendships. I think that's what made the squad so special too.

Written by crocketsgrlThey had to always being together, putting their lives in each other's hands, I can't see them not forming friendships. I think that's what made the squad so special too.

That´s a fine point. If you work everyday together to catch gangsters, it´s naturally to form friendship and help you can help !

Joe, It seemed to me that most of the gang went to Crockett when they had a problem. If something was wrong or too wrong Crockett might go to Castillo if he had to. But it seemed he'd try first to get it straightened out. And I think this is what Crockett did here with Stan. That's just my opinion.

I like very the much the focus they gave on Stan in that ep. Even though he's shown as someone across the line of a good cop conduct, it's nice they really gave him the weight of a major character...What is sad to me is that they explored that in "Freefall". I know that at the end of Freefall he proves he'd never sell his friends. But that, to me, was never at question. So I don't really like putting his integrity on the line in the very last ep.

Joe' date=' It seemed to me that most of the gang went to Crockett when they had a problem. If something was wrong or too wrong Crockett might go to Castillo if he had to. But it seemed he'd try first to get it straightened out. And I think this is what Crockett did here with Stan. That's just my opinion.[/quote']I agree, he was the older brother to the squad where Castillo was more of an avuncular figure.

• Administrators

I think all of the crew looked to Sonny and Sonny looked to Castillo.Gina did it in several eps. Usually the ones where she screws someone she shoots. :DTrudy did it in the "Dutch Oven" where she shoots the drug dealer.Stan in "Hard Knocks".Larry, can't think of one.Rico, usually after one of his chicks died.

• 9 months later...

I really enjoyed this one. Very good acting, good story, very emotional. Stan wasn't just a comical character - they developed his character well ans gave hime more importance in MV. We also see different "Big Brother" type characters coming out of Crockett and Tubbs.