Crocket with headphones on???

VinceLombard

We had a cool post discussing what did Crockett do on his days off,.... That was a lot of very good observations and good guesses.I was wondering what music did he listen to???(In the episode when he is assigned as witness protection to that young punk that mafia is trying to kill, he talks that he likes Eric Clapton, any other scenes in other episodes??? ofcourse Phill Collins lol).

In Brother´s Keeper, Rico is sitting on the boat next to Elvis and watching the LP´s Sonny is owning. In this scene, one can learn a lot about the music Sonny prefers.

• Administrators
In Brother´s Keeper' date=' Rico is sitting on the boat next to Elvis and watching the LP´s Sonny is owning. In this scene, one can learn a lot about the music Sonny prefers.[/quote']To quote Rico in that scene: "Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Jimmy Buffett, Dicky Betts"Sonny is just a good 'ole country boy!That's the great thing about this site, you get answers!! :thumbsup:

To quote Rico in that scene: "Waylon Jennings' date=' George Jones, Jimmy Buffett, Dicky Betts"Sonny is just a good 'ole country boy![/quote'] Yes that sums up Sonny's music tasted well ! :D

You're good, I will check this out...To be honest for a guy posing as a cool drug dealer with yaht and ferrari, I thought he would listen to something a little more cosmopolitan, main stream, and newer (at least from the 80's era) Especially since "he belongs to the city..." lol

That's the great thing about this site, you get answers!! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

In the ep. Bad Timing, he selected Hank William's "I'm so lonesome I could cry" in the bar.

Wasnt there an episode in the 4th season when he's babysitting some kid who was in to rock music and he shows him his collection of rock music?and I remember a really rusty shelby gt 500 belonging to an fbi agent in it too.

Yes that sums up Sonny's music tasted well ! :D

He also mentioned in Like a Hurricane that he heard about Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand. (Remember that he use to date Barbra Streisand)widereceiver 88

• 3 weeks later...

Well they had to have Dicky Betts mentioned since he was a friend of DJ's. Also DJ wrote a song with him for the Alman brother's and performed on stage with them. So it's mention there and I believe another time or two in other episodes Dicky is mentioned. He did say he was into classics like Eric Clapton but quoted that country song for Gina about sears and Walgreens....can't remember how he put it. And what Lou is saying here too. Sue

That's the great thing about this site, you get answers!! :thumbsup:

Well they had to have Dicky Betts mentioned since he was a friend of DJ's. Also DJ wrote a song with him for the Alman brother's and performed on stage with them. So it's mention there and I believe another time or two in other episodes Dicky is mentioned. He did say he was into classics like Eric Clapton but quoted that country song for Gina about sears and Walgreens....can't remember how he put it. And what Lou is saying here too. Sue

Eingefügtes BildI like the writing on the Guitar: To Don Love Dickey Betts.(Remember in the Pilot episode, Tubbs is reading off the cassettes Crockett has on his boat, and reads off "Dickey Betts" as one of the artists to Elvis!)

I just love this picture of Don playing the guitar. I don't know if I've seen this in your collection over the years. I might have to borrow it?hmmmm:p I really like that Betts signed the guitar for DJ so it has to be the same one he played with Dicky and wrote the song....thanks so much for this photo , again I LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks, Sue

Eingefügtes BildI like the writing on the Guitar: To Don Love Dickey Betts.(Remember in the Pilot episode' date=' Tubbs is reading off the cassettes Crockett has on his boat, and reads off "Dickey Betts" as one of the artists to Elvis!)[/quote']

• Administrators

He did say he was into classics like Eric Clapton but quoted that country song for Gina about sears and Walgreens....can't remember how he put it.

"She left me at Sears and I cried all the way to Walgreen's" ;)

• Administrators

Wasnt there an episode in the 4th season when he's babysitting some kid who was in to rock music and he shows him his collection of rock music?and I remember a really rusty shelby gt 500 belonging to an fbi agent in it too.

Yes, Season 5, Line of Fire. No he didn't show him his collection of rock music, he threw him a tape, Eric Clapton I believe.

• 5 years later...

"She left me at Sears and I cried all the way to Walgreen's" ;)

The song Sonny is refering to is "Billy Broke My Heart at Walgreens" by Ruby Wright from 1964. In the song however, the mentioning of Sears and Walgreens is just the other way around....

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

At the end of Line of Fire Sonny grudgingly admits to Joey that he's a closet headbanger.  Hey why not?  It makes sense Sonny would keep up on all trends.  Plus he's immersed in all 80s stuff because of his job.  He's bound to find something he'd like on the modern scene.