RARE DON JOHNSON 1988 CAST & CREW GIFT (LEATHER BOUND) PILOT SCRIPT!

COOPER&BURNETT

Hey!You know that "trick knee" that Crockett has, and uses as an excuse "Nah, I gotta trick knee. Anytime someone asks me that, it goes out on me" - said in BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, and RITES OF PASSAGE).The Original pilot script touches upon that, and how Crockett may have gotten the "trick knee"!Anyone want me to post it?If so, reply, and let me hear ya!

Remember this scene in the pilot?Keep reading.There was additional dialog in the original pilot script further on that didn't appear in the final cut.

Impressive... :eek:

Hey!You know that "trick knee" that Crockett has' date=' and uses as an excuse "Nah, I gotta trick knee. Anytime someone asks me that, it goes out on me" - said in BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, and RITES OF PASSAGE).The Original pilot script touches upon that, and how Crockett may have gotten the "trick knee"!Anyone want me to post it?If so, reply, and let me hear ya![/quote'] Oh, yes, please! :):shout:

Eingefügtes Bild
You ever consider a career......THAT famous quote!!!! The script is awesome C&B' date=' I like all your MV stuff but this one is really wonderful!
The Original pilot script touches upon that' date=' and how Crockett may have gotten the "trick knee"!Anyone want me to post it?If so, reply, and let me hear ya![/quote']I'm interested in everything about Crockett, including his trick knee. :)

The response has been great!Well, you asked for it, now.......here it is!Eingefügtes Bildclassic!!!

classic!!!

I couldn't agree more. This is really amazing!It's funny, it totally fits MV! If you read it you can imagine how the scene would have looked like...Thanks again Coop!

It's a shame some of this stuff didn't make it into the pilot, it would have given more insight into the background of the main characters.

I guess they could only fit so much into a 2 hour TV show that had to fit in commercials.It would have been great to see these scenes.

I guess they could only fit so much into a 2 hour TV show that had to fit in commercials.It would have been great to see these scenes.

Yeah. Too bad you couldn't buy tv shows on dvd back then. There might have been some interesting deleted scenes. Great stuff Coop! :thumbsup::cheers:

Yeah. Too bad you couldn't buy tv shows on dvd back then. There might have been some interesting deleted scenes. Great stuff Coop! :thumbsup::cheers:

They are on DVD now, .....and unfortunately....no deleted scenes. :cry::cry:

Only you!Mr. C&B you finally gave us your friend after a few years of wondering , well at least one of them..lol...That is beautiful the leather binding on the script. I read it and I could hear them in my head, especially the ending . Ever think of Southern law enforcement. Amazing the things you alway find and I'm so glad you share it with us. Oh and about your will that you are leaving all these things to me in.....ROFL I know I know they will go with you...no you will live a long life, Sonny. Just messing with you cause it's been too long. But thanks so much for sharing this. Sue:clap:

They are on DVD now' date=' .....and unfortunately....no deleted scenes. :cry::cry:[/quote'] Unfortunately indeed... :cry: I definitely would have enjoyed seeing some. I mean - they have to be stored somewhere, right? :confused:

Unfortunately indeed... :cry: I definitely would have enjoyed seeing some. I mean - they have to be stored somewhere' date=' right? :confused:[/quote']Yes, they do exist in the vaults at Universal. Perhaps they thought showing things like bloopers would ruien the integrity of the show? George lucas for the longest time would not show bloopers of Star Wars for that reason. It was a classic, and he didn't want anyone to see it outside of that classic look. Luckily, Lucas did put a few out on dvd.I for one would be in heaven to see MIAMI VICE bloopers. RB used to say that there were tons of blown lines, and PMT blew his lines all the time, and there were lots of funny things that happened. They exist somewhere.Personally, if I had a choice between seeing 5 seasons of vintage bloopers from MIAMI VICE and seeing a miami vice reunion movie, I'd pick five seasons of bloopers.What about you?

I for one would be in heaven to see MIAMI VICE bloopers. RB used to say that there were tons of blown lines' date=' and PMT blew his lines all the time, and there were lots of funny things that happened. They exist somewhere.Personally, if I had a choice between seeing 5 seasons of vintage bloopers from MIAMI VICE and seeing a miami vice reunion movie, I'd pick five seasons of bloopers.What about you?[/quote']I'm sure there's a lot of good ones. Especially scenes that had Izzy or Noogie in them.

• 6 months later...
I'm sorry' date=' but I'm not sure I made myself clear. Crockett gets out of the Ferrari daytona, in the script, and in the pilot, and jumps in Leon's Benz. That scene stays correct. However, when he drives to save TUBBS in the alley from Trini De Soto, he specificlly drives a Porsche.[/quote'] Maybe a typo from Yerkovich? He might have originally wanted to give Crockett a Porsche but forget to change it in that part of the script.Sonny did have a Porsche in the 1980 flashback from Forgive Us Our Debts, so maybe that's where it came from?

Maybe a typo from Yerkovich? He might have originally wanted to give Crockett a Porsche but forget to change it in that part of the script.Sonny did have a Porsche in the 1980 flashback from Forgive Us Our Debts' date=' so maybe that's where it came from?[/quote']It wouldn't be a typo. That script would have been rewritten several times, and a flaw like that would have been caught several drafts earlier.I'm kind of thinking that Yerkovich envisioned that Crockett had several confiscated cars to choose from from the Vice unit.

It wouldn't be a typo. That script would have been rewritten several times' date=' and a flaw like that would have been caught several drafts earlier.I'm kind of thinking that Yerkovich envisioned that Crockett had several confiscated cars to choose from from the Vice unit.[/quote'] I guess they kept him with the Ferrari to give the viewer something to identify Crockett with, and vice versa. Too confusing to have him driving different cars everywhere.

I guess they kept him with the Ferrari to give the viewer something to identify Crockett with' date=' and vice versa. Too confusing to have him driving different cars everywhere.[/quote']That, ...and the fact that the VICE dept. didn't have enough funds to have more than one exotic sportscar to service and maintain. The dept. kept getting less, and less funds, and fewer, and fewer people throughout the series.

That' date=' ...and the fact that the VICE dept. didn't have enough funds to have more than one exotic sportscar to service and maintain. The dept. kept getting less, and less funds, and fewer, and fewer people throughout the series.[/quote'] Yes, like how when Zito died, they didn't hire anyone new and handed double the workload over to Switek. It's no wonder his gambling problem got to him down the road ... wasn't he denied a promotion/raise at one point?