Universal Studios Hollywood: MV - gone but not forgotten

CarolineUK

Hi everyoneWhile waiting in line last week for the backlot tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, it was a lovely surprise when one of their film montages was devoted to the stars and guest stars of Miami Vice (the series not the film!). It was great to see that Miami Vice has not been forgotten by the studios & it was also amazing to see how many of the queueing guests looked up at the screen as soon as the music started.

So this is US Hollywood. I think that MV has been pretty much forgotten here in US Orlando. That's a shame, since MV is so much a part of Florida, and played a part in the rebirth of Miami and especially South Beach. Of course the Harry Potter regurgitation is currently in full force and effect here in Orlando. I won't be going :p .

So this is US Hollywood. I think that MV has been pretty much forgotten here in US Orlando. That's a shame' date=' since MV is so much a part of Florida, and played a part in the rebirth of Miami and especially South Beach. [/quote']I agree, Rich. I had to go all the way to California to see a tribute to MV - unintentionally I know. (Will Harry Potter be as popular in 25 years time??) At least on the Miami Beach Preservation League Art Deco tour and on the DuckTour of Miami, both mention MV being instrumental in bringing tourism back to the area from the 1980s.Sue x

Harry Potter is for kids! Next, they'll have a Twilight park, so you can meet your favorite vampire or werewolf....:p:thumbsdown: