WORLD CUP FOOTBALL

Chloe

My son rated italy so he's a bit disappointed. All ready for the big match here tomorrow...Germany vs England! Always a nail biter...please god dont let the game be decided on penalties!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• Chloe

• 2morgen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son rated italy so he's a bit disappointed. All ready for the big match here tomorrow...Germany vs England! Always a nail biter...please god dont let the game be decided on penalties!

FRANCE -GONEITALY - GONEU.S.A. - GONEWho's next? :eek:

today its germany against uk oh good thats means my town is overfloaded with people,and their vuvuzelas,and cars and all that stuff,on the last game germany-ghana my friends were crazy,they run through the city with the german flag,and sitting on the street,everything here is just crazy :)

Germany - 4 England - 1Pretty lopsided.England joins France, Italy, and the U.S., and is Gone.

Well its all over...I am truly ashamed to be English...the team were awful. i suppose its hard to motivate a load of millionaires! footballers in the UK should only get paid if they win...not just for turning up. Feel free to beat me with stick for my pennance...

Well its all over...I am truly ashamed to be English...the team were awful. i suppose its hard to motivate a load of millionaires! footballers in the UK should only get paid if they win...not just for turning up. Feel free to beat me with stick for my pennance...

"truly ashamed to be English"????Perish the thought. It's just a game Chloe. France, Italy, U.S.A.....they all lost too. Yes, it was disapointing for you, and your family, but the Brits moved on further than many teams.BE PROUD TO BE ENGLISH! Have a pint in honor of the games, and your wonderful country! :tasse_prost:(I have German, English, Irish, French, Scottish, and a bit of Dutch blood in me. I'm proud of every one of 'em!)

Klinsman had some excellent comments in the studio after the game. He said the English team's psyche was poor throughout this Cup. They were tense and unsettled, weighed down by the pressure. As they search for their next coach, England needs to avoid looking for a tactician and rather look for a motivator. They need someone to get the players thinking positively and with team spirit.

"truly ashamed to be English"????Perish the thought. It's just a game Chloe. France' date=' Italy, U.S.A.....they all lost too. Yes, it was disapointing for you, and your family, but the Brits moved on further than many teams.BE PROUD TO BE ENGLISH! Have a pint in honor of the games, and your wonderful country! :tasse_prost:(I have German, English, Irish, French, Scottish, and a bit of Dutch blood in me. I'm proud of every one of 'em!)[/quote'] The Dutch have to play tomorrow!Keep our fingers crossed, they haven't played well yet this tournement. But won al their games so far. I hope they winn.But with that bit of Dutch blood from you cheering the squad on, they might make it!And I agree with you, It is just a game but overhere it is a bit more then just a game. A popular saying is that we have 17 millions team managers because the whole country (pretents to) know how the squad should play. Whole streets are decorated with orange stuf. People organise to watch together to the game etc.

The Dutch have to play tomorrow!Keep our fingers crossed' date=' they haven't played well yet this tournement. But won al their games so far. I hope they winn.But with that bit of Dutch blood from you cheering the squad on, they might make it!And I agree with you, It is just a game but overhere it is a bit more then just a game. A popular saying is that we have 17 millions team managers because the whole country (pretents to) know how the squad should play. Whole streets are decorated with orange stuf. People organise to watch together to the game etc.[/quote']Yeah, it's bigger over there than it is here. I heard that more people around the world watch the world cup than the NFL's Super Bowl, Major league baseball world series, NBA basketball championship, Hockey finals, and other U.S. sports COMBINED! THAT's just how huge globally it is. The Super Bowl is huge here (like a national holiday) but it doesn't have the vast world watching it like we do. The U.S. really doesn't follow the world cup (we don't call it football, we call it soccer) all that much, as it's not been in our culture. However, with more and more people coming to America from other nations, it's slowly starting to gain in popularity. The U.S. prefers the games we invented like football, baseball, and basketball. We prefer high scoring games, and a fast paced game.The world cup is HUGE world wide, and I'm a well read person, so I keep up with it, and everything around the world.Good luck tomorrow!

Klinsman had some excellent comments in the studio after the game. He said the English team's psyche was poor throughout this Cup. They were tense and unsettled' date=' weighed down by the pressure. As they search for their next coach, England needs to avoid looking for a tactician and rather look for a motivator. They need someone to get the players thinking positively and with team spirit.[/quote'] yes i saw that...well said!

The Dutch have to play tomorrow!Keep our fingers crossed' date=' they haven't played well yet this tournement. But won al their games so far. I hope they winn.But with that bit of Dutch blood from you cheering the squad on, they might make it!And I agree with you, It is just a game but overhere it is a bit more then just a game. A popular saying is that we have 17 millions team managers because the whole country (pretents to) know how the squad should play. Whole streets are decorated with orange stuf. People organise to watch together to the game etc.[/quote']Best of luck to the Dutch today....& yes we had a whole lounge full of football managers & referees yesterday!! lol

Thanks Cooper and Chloe your good luck wish helpedWe Won :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:(at least the team won)I am looking forward to the next game of our team.

Thanks Cooper and Chloe your good luck wish helpedWe Won :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:(at least the team won)I am looking forward to the next game of our team.

CONGRATS!!! :clap::tasse_prost:

I have German ...

Ditto.Deutschlanders kicked some serious a yesterday. Looks like we might be seeing them in the final - them and Brazil maybe?Gotta cheer for someone' date=' so it's going to be the Germans - follow your heritage. Aren't we Americans lucky - multi-choice heritage means pick the current winners. Woop woop. :p[img']http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4f58127l41qzu1cuo1_250.gifEingefügtes Bild

I like Richie Rich's video of Zidane's headbutt with a Vuvuzela Photoshopped in. I like The Onion's take on the Vuvuzela:South African Vuvuzela Philharmonic Angered By Soccer Games Breaking Out During ConcertsTwo incredible matchups in the quarterfinals: Germany vs. Argentina and Holland vs. Brazil. Both of those games are worthy of the championship game.

South African Vuvuzela Philharmonic Angered By Soccer Games Breaking Out During ConcertsTwo incredible matchups in the quarterfinals: Germany vs. Argentina and Holland vs. Brazil. Both of those games are worthy of the championship game.

Sounds GREAT! :thumbsup:

preparing for saturday game of our team,dont know if they can make it,this year they have lots of young players in there,argentina is gonna be hard....

Eingefügtes Bild

Chloe is not going to want to see this. Isn't that the one where the U.S. got a goal on England due to a sloppy goalie?

. Isn't that the one where the U.S. got a goal on England due to a sloppy goalie?
Not sure' date=' Coop. Have not been following that closely, only game I watched so far was England v. Germany on Sunday, and that was a good game :thumbsup:. Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxspfInbLV8