Lt.Castillo,The Serious Man

widereceiver 88

Whenever you see Lt.Castillo he is always very serious,especially when he gives u that look and not saying anything, BUTYou do see him smiling,(which is between now and then and never)I was lookin' at God's Work the other day and could not believe my eyes when i saw him laughing actually. The scene was at a stall where he was talking to Father Ernesto,just before he was killed.The other insident i remember was in Golden Triangle [Part 2] when Castillo meets Denton, an old (friend) of him.Any other cases u guys can remember?Later

• Administrators

And when he tells Crockett and Tubbs in The Golden Triangle, "supplemental income gentlemen, your pimps". He actually cracks a smile.

Widereceiver, this is just a sidebar to your question, but you have stumbled on one of the most important topics to the entire anthology.As described on the Miami Vice Drinking Game (V1), the rare LT Castillo smiling is a key artifact in the series.The highest score (penalty?) is when he smiles, as you can see in the linked rules, everyone has to drink a LOT.

Thx for that Cagey JGUnfortunately didn't know about theses rules,but now i know.How about the one where Sonny says "Now don't u let me get a search warrent now,then i'll clear my desk of all my other cases and make your life a living hell for the next six months". I think he says that to quite a few bad guys.I think if i were to watch the entire series again,by the time i get to season 4 i'll be a complete "alchie".I think i will have a black Jack right now Cheers!!

He also smiled when he showed up at May Ying´s door just before he learned that she was married now and a mother.

I watched "Indian Wars" this A.M. It was about 1/4th of the way in,Castillo was undercover as Malendez(wearing a white suit)....after the big shootout...He cracks 2 back to back smiles!

• 2 years later...

Yeah Marty could have won 10mil on the lottery and i bet he would be null of emotion lol!!Every year i send my friend a bday card saying"happy birthday detective"and it has a pitcture of the lt. doing his vintage serious focused scowl ha ha-always gives him a smile.Theres one ep where he is undercover driving a lambo-is it indian wars?he has a little smile with a dealer-but thats a fake one obviously---the thing that always got me is the way he tells dj and pmt they have the most awesome new car"it's outside"-ha ha what a legend.