A medical question based on"Mirror Image"

LNGLK

Are here any medical people who could answer a (maybe silly) question?Does everything what happened with Sonny's memory in "Mirror Image", have anything to do with real life?I mean, could such thing happen in reality or it's just because of the script?Can a person forget EVERYTHING after one explosion, recollect IT after the second one, but forget what had happened between the two explosions?Maybe the question is silly, but I'm not a doctor, and I never liked Biology at school :o

Chloe may be able to answer the question, as she is in the medical field in England.I know people can have amnesia, that is very real.My father had a short term memory loss when he had surgery on his heart. After his surgery, I was talking to him, and he seemed to have no memory of the hours leading up to his surgery. Perhaps about a day of memory loss. I thought that was strange, but it happened.My mother also had short term memory loss when she went up to the snow in the mountains. She was walking on a concrete parking lot that had a thin layer of ice on it, and she slipped, and fell backward hiting her head. She didn't know who she was, or where she was for several hours, as her brain swelled due to the concusion. I'm not sure about the amnesia crockett had, or if it can actually happen that way. I'm sure creative licence was taken for show reasons, but amnesia itself is very real.

Did he at last recollect the day before the operaton?

Nope. He never remembered.We had joked, talked, and even walked with him to the operating room, he never remembered any of it.(wouldn't that be weird to have the day video recorded, and then play it back for him after he has no memory of it! I wish I would have. :))

(wouldn't that be weird to have the day video recorded' date=' and then play it back for him after he has no memory of it! I wish I would have. :))[/quote'] It would have been a cruel joke

• Administrators

I know some of the meds they give you for the pre-op makes you forget what happened.We had an OR tech at another hospital I worked at that was caught stealing the stuff. She told the cops she was trading it for other drugs. Turns out the stuff was used mainly for "Date Rape" as it made the person not recall anything. Needless to say she left in handcuffs and never came back.