Quick Miami recommendations? (Pretty please)

cageyJG

Hey gang,I have a ladyfriend/acquaintance going to Miami next week from overseas. She missed out on the t.v. show from what I know. Could you please post along a few "must see" recommendations that you think would be appropriate? I don't mind if they're landmarks from the show, what do you think? Thanks.KG

Last year I stayed at the Winterhaven - an art deco hotel right opposite the beach on Ocean Drive & which featured in several MV episodes. It was well worth the money to stay in the middle of all the wonderful South Beach MV locations. There's a good boat trip around Star Island which you get from Miamarina/Bayside marina - I did this two years ago along with a city tour of Miami ... sorry but I can't remember who ran the tour. Don't bother with the Duck Tour - I did that last year and it didn't last long plus the guide made up stuff relating to different buildings.If she likes art deco, the Wolfsonian has some lovely artefacts and their cafe is slightly dear but the food is lovely. Hope this helps a bit.

Never EVER go there! Worst food in the world. Tried it 3 times over the past 2 years. Forget it! It smells outside like dead body..

The food is not great and overpriced, but it is not bad. And the view is fantastic.

The food is not great and overpriced' date=' but it is not bad. And the view is fantastic.[/quote'] Yea the view is very nice.. but for sure not the best.. I’ve got a better one from my home.. not just downtown from ‘behind’ ;)The food is just bad. Last time I had the filet steak.. that little thingy was so dry and they didn’t even cut off the skirt.. chewy.. tasteless veggies on the side mixed up with the smell of standing water :p ..no thanks.

Sounds like.a few restaurants in my area.....So we just drink alot before dinner....then we may not notice the crappy service......:)That's how we do it around here anyways..lol

Sounds like.a few restaurants in my area.....So we just drink alot before dinner....then we may not notice the crappy service......:)That's how we do it around here anyways..lol

Thats a way to deal with it :D NY has its own pace.. so you will be fine :)

Or i might just have to jab somebody in the hand for trying to take away my plate too soon.....Just kidding........:p

Great idea.. that way you can nail the person on the table for further complaints or orders or whatever.. no run away.. :p

• 1 month later...

I recommend the Clevelander Hotel, (I like to hang there), it's centrally located on Ocean Drive, recently underwent a "facelift" and has a great atmosphere just sitting at their outside bars. But beware that the tip/gratuity is automatically included in your total bill, as is the case in many places in Miami.

I recommend the Clevelander Hotel' date=' (I like to hang there), it's centrally located on Ocean Drive, recently underwent a "facelift" and has a great atmosphere just sitting at their outside bars. But beware that the tip/gratuity is automatically included in your total bill, as is the case in many places in Miami.[/quote'] .....I'll have to check this out.....We're gonna be in Miami in 2 weeks and 4 days......

Miami is a great place' date=' I hope you enjoy your stay![/quote'] ...I haven't even been there yet,and I'm already planning my trip to go back.It will not take over 25 years this time..lol

• 2 weeks later...

- For stay: Loews Hotel or Fontainebleau on Miami Beach - Cleavelander open air bar for ppl watching on Ocean Drive- Beach at 74th street or at Hollywood Beach- Shuckers Bar for best Wings in town and Bay view on North Bay Village- Mansion Night Club on Washington Ave- Meat Market on Lincoln Ave or Kobe Club on Washington Ave for best steaks in town- Aventura Mall and Bal Harbour Shops for Shopping- Downtown view and good beer: Gordon Biersch Brewery on 1201 Brickell Avenue- A drive through on Star and Paradise Island.. as a guest only at day time.. gated community ;)- Rent a boat and check out the bays and marinas- Rent a sports car or a convertible (don’t forget the sun blocker) but avoid traffic between 3 and 7 PM on I95 and US I

Thanks for the tip Don! I will have to keep this info in mind!!!