Dick Wolf's most memorable Vice episodes

Guest neworder

Guest neworder

To be fair I didn't expect much from the man who basically had the biggest hand in ruining Miami Vice. This video shows Dick Wolf describing his most memorable episodes, he mentions Missing Hours :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: , boasts about Irish Eyes apparently being amazing like he does in all his interviews about Vice and then talks about Mirror Image, and rightfully so that is memorable. Sickening to think that he still doesn't realise whats wrong with Missing Hours after all these years, apparently it's fun???

Apologies if this has been posted before or been seen by all of you. It's news to me.

not my favorite vice alumni.

He's an asshat and must be smoking some POWERFUL crack.To think that Missing Hours and When Irish Eyes Were Crying were amazing.Ummmmmmmmm really eh Dick ?(

Right! the least he could do is select some of the better Season 3-5 episodes, like Forgive Us Our Debts or mention the Burnett arc. He probably only remembers stories like Missing Hours because they were so awfully outlandish.That or he's just trying to play up the bad episodes because he wasn't involved in Seasons 1 or 2, when MV was truly landmark.What we really need is to get the elusive Michael Mann or DJ to sit down and give their memories of the show ...

I'd love to hear DJ's thoughts about Evan, Shadow in the Dark and the Sonny Burnett arc.Those are the episodes where I think he did his best work.

He's an asshat and must be smoking some POWERFUL crack.To think that Missing Hours and When Irish Eyes Were Crying were amazing.Ummmmmmmmm really eh Dick ?(

I agree about Missing Hours, but really When Irish Eyes Are Crying was bad in your opinion? I thought it was one of the best episodes.

I agree about Missing Hours' date=' but really When Irish Eyes Are Crying was bad in your opinion? I thought it was one of the best episodes.[/quote'] I liked it too, but I think it's considered weak because they changed the running order of the episodes, and WIEAC wasn't strong enough to be the Season 3 opener. (Hence the destroyed/reappearing Daytona.)

I liked it too' date=' but I think it's considered weak because they changed the running order of the episodes, and WIEAC wasn't strong enough to be the Season 3 opener. (Hence the destroyed/reappearing Daytona.)[/quote']I think WIEAC was a much stronger episode than El Viejo...

I tend to agree' date=' mostly because I like most of the episodes focusing on Gina! :happy:[/quote']I tend to dislike episodes that have the formula El Viejo had. As in, all the bad guys die, and the "good guy" who's a guest star dies too. It happened too many times during the run of the show.

I agree about Missing Hours' date=' but really When Irish Eyes Are Crying was bad in your opinion? I thought it was one of the best episodes.[/quote']I hate that episode, consider it one of the worst of the show's run.Saundra had ZERO chemistry with Guest Star Liam Neeson.Plus their acting left a bit to be desired, not Santiago's finest hour IMHO. Normally I love Patti Labelle, but that dopey love song makes me want to slit my wrists and jump off a tall building. This was the start of Wolf's "ripped from the headlines" soapbox formula.When MV began to slide off the rails.And the end scene with Gina screeeching and cryin, it grates my nerves like Angelina did in Calderone's Demise.Those who like it, I respect that, but is was a big bucket of F-A-I-L for me. :thumbsdown:

I hate that episode' date=' consider it one of the worst of the show's run.Saundra had ZERO chemistry with Guest Star Liam Neeson.Plus their acting left a bit to be desired, not Santiago's finest hour IMHO. Normally I love Patti Labelle, but that dopey love song makes me want to slit my wrists and jump off a tall building. This was the start of Wolf's "ripped from the headlines" soapbox formula.When MV began to slide off the rails.And the end scene with Gina screeeching and cryin, it grates my nerves like Angelina did in Calderone's Demise.Those who like it, I respect that, but is was a big bucket of F-A-I-L for me. :thumbsdown:[/quote'] In a perfect MV world, Gina would end up with Sonny ...

Unfortunately, Gina made herself too available to Sonny.Never agree to a friends with benefits arrangement, when you're in love with the man.That was her fatal mistake.He saw here as the one on "stand by" to fall back on, when he didn't have anyone.Did she deserve better?Absolutely, Gina was a quality woman.Is Sonny totally the blame?No. He couldn't have done this if she hadn't allowed it to happen.Sonny did care about Gina, but never was in love with her or viewed her as a future wife. I liked how he had the decency to tell her about planning to marry Caitlin in private.Watch him marry another woman had to be extremely difficult.With that said, Gina loved Sonny enough to want him to be happy.Even if it she wasn't the woman he chose.Classy lady, I'd say so. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately' date=' Gina made herself too available to Sonny.Never agree to a friends with benefits arrangement, when you're in love with the man.That was her fatal mistake.He saw here as the one on "stand by" to fall back on, when he didn't have anyone.Did she deserve better?Absolutely, Gina was a quality woman.Is Sonny totally the blame?No. He couldn't have done this if she hadn't allowed it to happen.Sonny did care about Gina, but never was in love with her or viewed her as a future wife. I liked how he had the decency to tell her about planning to marry Caitlin in private.Watch him marry another woman had to be extremely difficult.With that said, Gina loved Sonny enough to want him to be happy.Even if it she wasn't the woman he chose.Classy lady, I'd say so. :thumbsup:[/quote'] I only wish we got to see what became of Gina at the end of the series. And Trudy, Switek and Castillo, for that matter. I suppose they all stayed at OCB while Sonny and Rico moved on.It would have been nice during Freefall or some other Season 5 episode for the writers to address the Sonny/Gina relationship one last time.