Tubbs and the bible

Spyder

Was just rewatching Cool Runnin' from early Season 1 and noticed during the scene when Rodriguez calls everyone at OCB into his office, as Tubbs gets up from his desk, the book he puts down is the Holy Bible!It got me to thinking that maybe that was one of those little personal touches an actor/actress will imbue into his or her role to make their character more real. PMT had gone to seminary school, so it's not unlikely. Plus, Tubbs had the St. Christopher medallion he always wore. It's just that Tubbs never came across as being religious in any way ... did he draw from Christian inspiration to help him through the job at vice?Can anyone think of some other examples in MV where a character's quirks or little traits weren't scripted, but made up by the actor? There's gotta be a ton for EJO and Castillo.

I remember Castillo sitting at his desk and open his Bible, i think there was a picture or little script from someone inside.Then in OUT WHERE THE BUSES DON'T RUN you see that woman with the Bible trying to convince Crockett otherwise,saying "lady if u don't get out of the way u might be going to heaven first". He was chasing a drug dealer at the time,then later this same woman bashing the bad guy over the head with the Bible.Sonny then said "One of God's creatures.

I thought it was really funny how opposite persons Castillo and Lou were. Lou had a ton of paperwork on his desk, he'd joke with Crockett from time to time. Then Castillo comes in, no paperwork, and never shows any emotion and has that no-BS attitude. I loved it.

I thought it was really funny how opposite persons Castillo and Lou were. Lou had a ton of paperwork on his desk' date=' he'd joke with Crockett from time to time. Then Castillo comes in, no paperwork, and never shows any emotion and has that no-BS attitude. I loved it.[/quote'] I think that was key to the show's eventual success. Castillo was a minimalist, mysterious, intense, intimidating, but not confrontational, leader for the OCB. At that point, we'd never seen a commanding officer on a cop show portrayed quite as enigmatically as EJO did.Rodriguez was cool, too, but he was just another cigar-chomping lieutenant like every other police drama.

As Rodriguez left the show at a very early time, we´ll never know how we would talk about him if Castillo had never appeared on the show.

Sonny then said "One of God's creatures.

He also said, "Nice work with the book, lady." and Little Richard (the preacher) said, "Amen, brother. Amen."

Tubbs also did this crucifix move (..or whatever it is called) with his hand over his chest and saying something like "..santa maria.." in at least one episode.I also remember Crockett being more critical when it came to religious believes. In one episode he made quite some statement about that..

There are lots of interesting things in this thread that you may have overlooked.Check it out. :thumbsup:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1306-CROCKETT-TUBBS-CATHOLIC!!&highlight=crockett+tubbs+catholic

I just read it.. very good research.. I just tend to make a general discussion about religion out of it.. and in most cases ppl don’t want to read / hear it or talk about it :)..very controversial.

The thread isn't controversial, as it just points out what the characters did, and what the writers wrote. It's just good research.