fireworks during explosions

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Anybody noticed how in Vice when there is an explosion there are frequently what appears to be fireworks, like rockets or something, accompanying them? A good example is in "Milk Run" when the coke lab explodes. It's a great explosion but it looks like the Fourth of July. Are these "fireworks" the result of a technically-induced explosion like occurs on television or are they natural?

Guest myonlyvice

I also should have mentioned that sometimes, instead of an out and out rocket, it only appears as sparks flying. You see these, too, in the same scene in "Milk Run". Maybe they could be explained as a circuit box blowing. I'm really not sure. I haven't witnessed very many explosions that weren't on the T.V.. What I really want to know is are these rockets and sparks a by-product of creating an "artificial" explosion for television or are they natural.

• Administrators

As a firefighter for 29 years I can assure you the sparks do fly during an electrical explosion. That's not to say that some pyrotechnics weren't thrown in for good measure once in a while. I'm sure they were.

Guest myonlyvice

As a firefighter for 29 years I can assure you the sparks do fly during an electrical explosion. That's not to say that some pyrotechnics weren't thrown in for good measure once in a while. I'm sure they were.

That's really cool, F-man! Thanks for the background info, too. In that line of work I'm sure you've witnessed things that most people never do.