lyrics from song in final montage of "Freefall" indicative of bad blood towards USA?

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

There is what sounds like a gospel choir towards the end of the song which is singing "God bless America" over and over. Given the story of "Freefall", I'm assuming Mann or whoever was being quite sarcastic. Then I started thinking along the lines if the whole series had an underlying anti-American bent. Was this the main idea of Vice? I really hope it wasn't but it seems like a possibility. Anybody know where Mann or some other key production players might stand on this issue? Ouch!!!

I think the "Will they ever come again?" nostalgia vibe in the lyrics was the main reason the song was picked along with "is there not anything we might do to try and make this world of ours a better place for you and me?"

Guest myonlyvice

I think the "Will they ever come again?" nostalgia vibe in the lyrics was the main reason the song was picked along with "is there not anything we might do to try and make this world of ours a better place for you and me?"

I'll buy that. Thanks.