REVO - GRAND SIXTIES Model Sunglasses

jcm8002204

Not sure if anyone's seen these new (retro) model Revo sunglasses. A definite nod to 840/001 models....the new model is called Grand Sixties (RE4052-01). The size configuration is a 58 Lense, 18 Nose, and 140 Temple...thus a 5818140 on the right inside temple marking.I inspected a pair yesterday...and will have to bring in my vintage 840/001 for a side-by-side comparison....They were orange mirrored, and I just knew they had to also come in 'Burnett Blue'I actually asked the store clerk if they came in 'Burnett Blue'?...she gave me a weird look, and I replied, 'Don't plan a future in mind reading'......ha ha....:clap:They've posted a nice picture on Revo's website (even in 'Burnett Blue'). Unfortunately for all you 'logo haters' they've made the REVO logo even more pronounced on this version.Here's a link to a pic:http://www.revo.com/models/38-grand-sixties153Enjoy !

I actually asked the store clerk if they came in 'Burnett Blue'?...she gave me a weird look' date=' and I replied, 'Don't plan a future in mind reading'......ha ha....:clap:[/quote']:D:D:clap:

• 1 month later...

When I first researched these sunglasses, I found out they were called Revo Sixties. I think that has something to do with the 60's style they have, and the 60's revival that was going on back then.Did anyone find out if they are identical to the originals?

When I first researched these sunglasses' date=' I found out they were called Revo Sixties. I think that has something to do with the 60's style they have, and the 60's revival that was going on back then.Did anyone find out if they are identical to the originals?[/quote'] I checked the Revo Web site and the Mirror Image/Hostile Takeover screen grabs, and they sure look identical to my eyes.Now if only I could afford a pair ... :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

Hey, did anyone ever do a side by side comparison of these Grand Sixties to the 840/001's?I'm still wondering. Haven't looked at a pair yet IRL. They do look the same from the photos. If only Persol would re-do the 69218s. I wonder if they'd make any money doing that? I think Ray Ban has done well bringing back the Wayfarer.