no seasonal or holiday-themed episodes

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Most series, especially those of 100+ episodes, it seems will have at least one holiday-themed episode (Halloween, Thanksgiving, X-mas, New Years, Valentine's Day, etc.). I don't believe Vice had any. I'm actaully glad this is the case but I still find this interesting. Your thoughts?

Well' date=' Shadow in the Dark originally aired on Halloween.that about as close to a holiday themed episode MV ever got.[/quote']Took the words right out of my mouth.

I've just pictured the whole team gathered around that big table where they used to have their meetings and Lt. Castillo carving the turkey there. No, that would be ridiculous. I'm glad there were no seasonal episodes.

It would have depended on how they had put this seasonal event into an episode. For example, Rico and Sonny could have been searching for a gangster in a club where a halloween party was happening.

Wait a minute The tag line says "no seasonal, or holiday - themed episodes". Well, there was a MIAMI VICE episode (CALDERONE'S RETURN PT.II) where when in the Bahamas, they were there for the ANNUAL JUNKAROO FESTIVAL, and even partisipated in it by wearing Masquerade masks."Seasonal", and "ANNUAL" are pretty close to the same thing, if not the same thing. It may not be an exclusive American Holiday, but neither is Christmas, St. Patrick's day, Easter or Halloween.I think we have a winner! :):glossy:

• Administrators

So exactly what season of the year was the Junkaroo Festival? If we know that then we can call it a seasonal / holiday episode.

Here´s some information about the Junkanoo Festival. As it always occurs at a special time I would say that it is a seasonal holiday or something like that.Junkanoo is a Bahamian festival that occurs during the dark hours of morning on the 26th of December and again bringing in its first hours of light on the first day of the new year. Thousands dance through Bay Street, Nassau's town center, like a wild ocean of colour, while deep goat skin rhythms reverberate off the surrounding walls and cow bells chatter over the singing of brass horns. The sidewalk like a snake comes to life twisting blacks and browns while balconies and roof tops sway under the rhythmic feet of onlookers. There is a timeless sense, a feeling inside that is so vital that even the deaf feel to move. And as though possessed, these God-like cardboard sculptures dive and rise to the awesome music that lifts their spirits beyond the flesh." (courtesy - c2000 M. Govan & E. Robinson) To experience Bahamian culture and art, you should make plans to attend Junkanoo. The Bahamian festival of Junkanoo is an energetic, colourful parade of brightly costumed people gyrating and dancing to the rhythmic accompaniment of cowbells, drums and whistles. The celebration occurs on December 26 and January 1 -- beginning in the early hours of the morning (2:00 a.m.) and ending at dawn.Junkanoo is reminiscent of New Orleans' Mardi Gras and Rio de Janeiro's Carnival, but it is distinctly Bahamian and exists nowhere else. Parade participants -- arranged in groups of up to 1,000 -- are organised around a particular theme. Their costumes, dance and music reflect this theme. At the end of the Junkanoo procession, judges award cash prizes. The three main categories for the awards are: best music, best costume and best overall group presentation.The most spectacular Junkanoo parade occurs in Nassau. However, you can also experience it on Grand Bahama, Eleuthera, Bimini and Abaco. It's held on Boxing Day (December 26) and New Year's Day (January 1) from 2:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m.

I'm glad they never made episodes like that! They always look so artificial' date=' that wouldn't fit with the Vice feeling.[/quote'] Second that! And with the delayed broadcasting overhere we would have been watching the x-mas episode somewhere in the spring or something like that.

I'm glad they never made episodes like that! They always look so artificial' date=' that wouldn't fit with the Vice feeling.[/quote']I think it depends on how they would present it. For example, they could show Sonny being sad that he wouldn't see his son on Christmas, or something like that... not necessarily Castillo and a turkey, LOL. Holidays are a part of life too, like work and other stuff. Though I don't really care about that; I didn't even notice the lack of holidays till I've read this thread. :D It would be OK with me if they had holidays, and it's OK that they didn't.

My "turkey scene" was intended to be a joke, of course; I know Thanksgiving is a family holiday, not one celebrated at work. Still, coming from this part of the world where Christmas almost always means lots of snow, Xmas trees and all that, somehow I find it difficult to imagine a Florida Christmas episode! It might have been really interesting, though.

My "turkey scene" was intended to be a joke' date=' of course; I know Thanksgiving is a family holiday, not one celebrated at work. Still, coming from this part of the world where Christmas almost always means lots of snow, Xmas trees and all that, somehow I find it difficult to imagine a Florida Christmas episode! It might have been really interesting, though.[/quote'] 'Snow' wouldn't be the problem in Miami Vice! LOL

I'm glad they never made episodes like that! They always look so artificial' date=' that wouldn't fit with the Vice feeling.[/quote'] Depends. If they did it like Nash's Christmas episode (25 Hours of Christmas) it would have been cool.

Nash had a Halloween episode, with Joe looking for a ladybug costume for his baby. Very funny situation.In the 80's they didn't do many holiday themes on TV.

Wait a minute The tag line says "no seasonal' date=' or holiday - themed episodes". Well, there was a MIAMI VICE episode (CALDERONE'S RETURN PT.II) where when in the Bahamas, they were there for the ANNUAL JUNKAROO FESTIVAL, and even partisipated in it by wearing Masquerade masks."Seasonal", and "ANNUAL" are pretty close to the same thing, if not the same thing. It may not be an exclusive American Holiday, but neither is Christmas, St. Patrick's day, Easter or Halloween.I think we have a winner! :):glossy:[/quote']
Here´s some information about the Jankanoo Festival. As it always occurs at a special time I would say that it is a seasonal holiday or something like that.Junkanoo is a Bahamian festival that occurs during the dark hours of morning on the 26th of December and again bringing in its first hours of light on the first day of the new year. Thousands dance through Bay Street' date=' Nassau's town center, like a wild ocean of colour, while deep goat skin rhythms reverberate off the surrounding walls and cow bells chatter over the singing of brass horns. The sidewalk like a snake comes to life twisting blacks and browns while balconies and roof tops sway under the rhythmic feet of onlookers. There is a timeless sense, a feeling inside that is so vital that even the deaf feel to move. And as though possessed, these God-like cardboard sculptures dive and rise to the awesome music that lifts their spirits beyond the flesh." (courtesy - c2000 M. Govan & E. Robinson) To experience Bahamian culture and art, you should make plans to attend Junkanoo. The Bahamian festival of Junkanoo is an energetic, colourful parade of brightly costumed people gyrating and dancing to the rhythmic accompaniment of cowbells, drums and whistles. The celebration occurs on December 26 and January 1 -- beginning in the early hours of the morning (2:00 a.m.) and ending at dawn.Junkanoo is reminiscent of New Orleans' Mardi Gras and Rio de Janeiro's Carnival, but it is distinctly Bahamian and exists nowhere else. Parade participants -- arranged in groups of up to 1,000 -- are organised around a particular theme. Their costumes, dance and music reflect this theme. At the end of the Junkanoo procession, judges award cash prizes. The three main categories for the awards are: best music, best costume and best overall group presentation.The most spectacular Junkanoo parade occurs in Nassau. However, you can also experience it on Grand Bahama, Eleuthera, Bimini and Abaco. It's held on Boxing Day (December 26) and New Year's Day (January 1) from 2:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m.[/quote']Great info Christine.Does ST. ANDREWS ISLAND have any info on a junkaroo festival?

Does ST. ANDREWS ISLAND have any info on a junkaroo festival?

Unfortunately, I found no information about this festival on St. Andrews. Apparently, it´s something that it´s celebrated all around the Bahamas. But it not only occurs in December as I thought first. I also found a hint to a Jankanoo Summer festival that should occur on August 27th this summer.

Unfortunately' date=' I found no information about this festival on St. Andrews. Apparently, it´s something that it´s celebrated all around the Bahamas. But it not only occurs in December as I thought first. I also found a hint to a Jankanoo Summer festival that should occur on August 27th this summer.[/quote']Thanks Christine for the update. Any other info you can provide will be helpful. :clap:

In the 80's they didn't do many holiday themes on TV.

Magnum, P.I. had multiple Christmas episodes and Spenser: For Hire had a Christmas and Thanksgiving episode.Also, this isn't a crime show, but The Golden Girls had Christmas episodes (including one with snow on Christmas Eve night in Miami).These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Magnum' date=' P.I. had multiple Christmas episodes and Spenser: For Hire had a Christmas and Thanksgiving episode.Also, this isn't a crime show, but The Golden Girls had Christmas episodes (including one with snow on Christmas Eve night in Miami).These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.[/quote']Family Ties did Christmas episode or episodes.