The third thing

Brenda

Just before I log out and my head hits the pillow at last...I had a lot of fun reading your replies to the question about these three big books on Sonny's table and so I came up with another one. Sorry if you already have discussed this - I haven't read all the threads on this message board - and sorry if you find this silly (I don't blame you, it really is). :birdie:Anyway, do you remember the final scene of "Bad Timing"? Eingefügtes BildThe dialogue between Sonny and his new female friend goes as follows:Kathleen: I don't ask much of a man, Sonny. He doesn't have to be rich. He doesn't even have to stick around that long. I only ask three things.Sonny: Only three?K: That he treats me kind, that he's a good dancer.S: Yes? What's the third?and then she whispers something into his ear, he starts laughing and says:S: Well, two out of three ain't bad!What was that third quality our pal Sonny didn't possess? :p

• Administrators

This was discussed on here once before somewhere. The general consensus is that it was something sexual. Either he needed to be big or good.

This was discussed on here once before somewhere. The general consensus is that it was something sexual. Either he needed to be big or good.

That's exactly what I understand it to mean.

That's exactly what I understand it to mean.

Hey, I've been an adult for much longer than I can remember and I know that the woman must have said something about a man's sexual prowess - that's very easy - but I thought that we might try and come up with some other ideas, like the ones you had about those three thick volumes. But if you don't feel like it, let's just drop it. I guess you've already discussed every possible MV topic but rookies like me keep coming so why not come back to some of those matters again every now and then? I may be wrong again, though.

He, Brenda, what did you expect from men to think about such a scene?:)Maybe, she told him that she loved to go shopping and that she was looking for a man who understood her well and who accompanies her.Most of the men I know would have said,"I try to earn more money and I´ll learn how to dance, but spare me with your shopping tours!":D

Yes, that's exactly what I intended to say too, Tony. :) So I suppose the quality he didn't possess was being a good dancer. As for the quality they discussed in whisper (and which Crockett apparently did possess), I agree that most probably it had to be something sexual, that's why they didn't pronounce it aloud, but just hinted.

He' date=' Brenda, what did you expect from men to think about such a scene?:)Maybe, she told him that she loved to go shopping and that she was looking for a man who understood her well and who accompanies her.Most of the men I know would have said,"I try to earn more money and I´ll learn how to dance, but spare me with your shopping tours!":D[/quote']That makes sense, Christine! :) Shopping for clothes is a real sacrifice for 99% of men and 1% of women (including me - just sometimes :))The dancing hint seems possible, too.OK, next time I'll try to find something less obvious than this sexual innuendo!

OK' date=' next time I'll try to find something less obvious than this sexual innuendo![/quote'] I think searching for a topic where men can´t give a sexual turn will be very hard to find!:)

• Administrators

Well, going shopping with your lady for clothes isn't all that bad. Especially if you join her in the changing room for a private little fashion show! ;)

Does that mean that yo´re one of the rare men who accompany her girlfriend/ wife on a shopping tour without railing around the whole time?

• Administrators

Absolutely! It's only fair since she's just as willing to join me with things I love to do!

And if you´re also great in finding cool clothes' date=' she´s a really happy woman!:thumbsup:[/quote'] She must be! :cool:And I'm from that 1% of women who hates going shopping for clothes, LOL. (Even considering that my boyfriend is really great in finding cool clothes).

And I'm from that 1% of women who hates going shopping for clothes' date=' LOL. .[/quote'] May be there are more than 1% of us?! I also hate shops...

As you know, I LOVE clothes, and shopping for clothes.I have taken women shopping for clothes, and they love my suggestions. I'm good at it. Although, I'd prefer to shop for clothes for myself alone, if I'm with someone, that's fine too. I'm an extremely patient guy, and it really makes her happy when I go along. Sometimes, I suggest that we go shopping for clothes, that always puts a smile on her face!! :thumbsup:(I'm a good guy.)