Don Johnson is on NBC Tonight Show tonight 8/30

Gary1911A1

Good to know...Maybe we'll find out when his new series "Southern Discomfort" will start airing on ABC Family:TV’s former Nash Bridges is in talks to play a Texas family patriarch in ‘Southern Discomfort,’ a comedy pilot set up at ABC.More specifically, Don Johnson would star as a hard-core conservative whose grown kids return to live at home, says the Hollywood Reporter. Mary Steenburgen (’Joan of Arcadia’) plays the mom.Of the aforementioned kids, Steve Talley (’Summerland’) thus far has been cast as the eldest son, a slacker who blew off his bid for a professional baseball career to become a writer.Johnson, who dominated the pop culture lexicon during his run on TV’s seminal ‘Miami Vice,’ last tackled the smaller screen as a lead in The CW’s short-lived ‘Just Legal.’

I'm curious as to what he will be plugging. Anyone want to bet someone, somewhere will mention MIAMI VICE?Perhaps in his intoduction.

Great news:thumbsup: Of course it's to promote Machete;)mvnyc - I thought Southern Discomfort was not picked up for the Fall. Is there some good news about that now?

Wow...and he was funny... and Cindy Lauper on the same night! He really has lost some weight, maybe slimmer than the Nash Bridges days. I'm wondering if Southern Discomfort got rewritten as that show William Shatner will be in this fall.:thumbsdown:

I'm curious as to what he will be plugging. Anyone want to bet someone' date=' somewhere will mention MIAMI VICE?Perhaps in his intoduction.[/quote']I called it!! :DHe DID introduce him, and mention MIAMI VICE!He also mentioned how he didn't win an Emmy for MIAMI VICE, and was PISSED!! :D That was a funny story.WOW, your right, he DID look slim. Very much like a bit older Crockett. He sounded a little nasal, like he had gotten over a cold or something. He was slimmer than JAY LENO.It was great to see him in a clip as a native american in the TV show, KUNG FU! :DIf Don's wiskers weren't grey, but were dark, he'd look just like Sonny Crockett! He looks fantastic!!His tales of being nearly gored by a wart hog was really funny too.The clip from his movie (seeing him firing ROBERT DE NIRO, and having authority over him on film was just AWESOME) sure made you want to know what was going to happen next.I hope it makes his career take off. :thumbsup:Bottom line, Don was fun, and looked great! Really glad I stayed up to 12:30 now.

I called it!! :DHe DID introduce him' date=' and mention MIAMI VICE!He also mentioned how he didn't win an Emmy for MIAMI VICE, and was PISSED!! :D That was a funny story.WOW, your right, he DID look slim. Very much like a bit older Crockett. He sounded a little nasal, like he had gotten over a cold or something. He was slimmer than JAY LENO.It was great to see him in a clip as a native american in the TV show, KUNG FU! :DIf Don's wiskers weren't grey, but were dark, he'd look just like Sonny Crockett! He looks fantastic!!His tales of being nearly gored by a wart hog was really funny too.The clip from his movie (seeing him firing ROBERT DE NIRO, and having authority over him on film was just AWESOME) sure made you want to know what was going to happen next.I hope it makes his career take off. :thumbsup:Bottom line, Don was fun, and looked great! Really glad I stayed up to 12:30 now.[/quote'] Thanks for the review. It looks like it was a lot of fun and a great interview.I hope they put a clip on the NBC website soon so we get to see the interview overhere in Europe.

To bad I cannot get NBC overhere. I hope they put a clip on the website or on you-tube.

Me too. I feel full of envy when I read all these delighted comments. :cry: Glad for you folks who have already seen it, though. :)

IT'S ON YOUTUBE!!! :dance::fireworks:

Sadly it's not the whole interview... they stopped right when he started to tell something interesting about his father's 80's birthday party.

I'm only praying for a MV reunion now.....More than ever!

He looks good enough to play the part, but sadly, it's not going to happen.

He looks good enough to play the part' date=' but sadly, it's not going to happen.[/quote'] ...Then sadly,I shall live in denial .....like forever..To think of it as truely not possible ,breaks my heart...I'm sure I'm not the only one....

Can't we, on these Miami Vice web-sites, petition Don Johnson to do a MV Reunion Movie??If he sees the number of fans who want it, he may decide to make some money & be on top again! :thumbsup:

...Then sadly' date='I shall live in denial .....like forever..To think of it as truely not possible ,breaks my heart...I'm sure I'm not the only one....[/quote']Don't get me wrong, I want one too. But almost certainly, it's just not going to happen.

Can't we' date=' on these Miami Vice web-sites, petition Don Johnson to do a MV Reunion Movie??If he sees the number of fans who want it, he may decide to make some money & be on top again! :thumbsup:[/quote'] Believe me - I would do everything when this dreams could come true!!:happy::cry: