which episode gets unfairly dissed?

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

I could list several but I think "Whatever Works" is an often forgotten and sometimes maligned episode. I think it's perfectly entertaining from beginning to end with great imagery, a unique basis for a story with the santeria and great music from both Hammer and the pop music used. The native-sounding drums Hammer used were particularly outstanding. Izzy "Count Moreno" is hilarious as is the lady at the end who's upset about her electric bill. The brawl at the bar was awesome. The shootouts in the episode were well done and the scene at the beach where the two guys get wasted was intense. Castillo was in top form as well. I love the "Dark Night" scene where Tubbs is followed. I also like his gesture for "be cool" when he and Crockett are leaving the bar brawl. Is this a nod to "Kool" cigarettes? Or perhaps cannabis? This is a great episode with nothing to be ashamed of.

I could list several but I think "Whatever Works" is an often forgotten and sometimes maligned episode. I think it's perfectly entertaining from beginning to end with great imagery' date=' a unique basis for a story with the santeria and great music from both Hammer and the pop music used. The native-sounding drums Hammer used were particularly outstanding. Izzy "Count Moreno" is hilarious as is the lady at the end who's upset about her electric bill. The brawl at the bar was awesome. The shootouts in the episode were well done and the scene at the beach where the two guys get wasted was intense. Castillo was in top form as well. I love the "Dark Night" scene where Tubbs is followed. I also like his gesture for "be cool" when he and Crockett are leaving the bar brawl. Is this a nod to "Kool" cigarettes? Or perhaps cannabis? This is a great episode with nothing to be ashamed of.[/quote'] Rico often said "cool" a lot when undercover with his island accent, as in "cool runnin.'"As far as episodes that get unfairly maligned, I nominate Heroes of the Revolution. Yes, I said it! :p I'm a fan of anything Gina-related, and I think this one had a great humanistic storyline without getting too bent on the vengeance aspect for the murder of Gina's mother.Santiago and Krabbe had some of the best dialogue scenes in the entire series, great chemistry, and Krabbe's character was entirely believable as a mysterious, yet vulnerable, man from Gina's past whom she was too young to remember. For most of the scenes in Gina's apartment, you can't tell if there is a father-daughter dynamic going on, or perhaps if Herzog is attracted to Gina because of the association with her mother.It has one of the most touching endings, too. People say it's not enough of a cliffhanger closing, but I think the way Herzog leaves without saying goodbye -- only to turn around just enough to look at Gina -- was a perfect ending. That's what happens in real life: sometimes we don't get to say goodbye.(Plus, I like Gina's singing!) :thumbsup:

I could list several but I think "Whatever Works" is an often forgotten and sometimes maligned episode. I think it's perfectly entertaining from beginning to end with great imagery' date=' a unique basis for a story with the santeria and great music from both Hammer and the pop music used. The native-sounding drums Hammer used were particularly outstanding. Izzy "Count Moreno" is hilarious as is the lady at the end who's upset about her electric bill. The brawl at the bar was awesome. The shootouts in the episode were well done and the scene at the beach where the two guys get wasted was intense. Castillo was in top form as well. I love the "Dark Night" scene where Tubbs is followed. I also like his gesture for "be cool" when he and Crockett are leaving the bar brawl. Is this a nod to "Kool" cigarettes? Or perhaps cannabis? This is a great episode with nothing to be ashamed of.[/quote']I'd have to agree with you.I myself don't watch this episode much. However, there are things I like about it. I LOVE, absolutely LOVE JAN HAMMER's music in this episode. I really have always loved his ethnic sounding music!Castillo was great in it.I can't put my finger on why I don't watch this episode much, perhaps the bad acting by the guest actor....I dunno. All I can say is that I believe you are correct. There are some great things in this episode.Still love the theme that JAN plays after the teaser when the guy comes to Crockett's boat to tell him he's taking the FERRARI. I would love Dadrian to do a cover of that, as it's quite simple, yet pleasant sounding.

• Administrators

I never thought of this one as a bad ep. at all. I think the voodoo (whatever) stuff was a bit over the top but so was the similar voodoo stuff with Legba. The Ferrari getting repo-ed and Izzy's involvement was just kinda filler for the ep.The dirty cops theme was used several times throughout the series.Maybe this one was unfairly dissed? :radar:

"Count Mareno"...priceless! I was living in Fort Lauderdale when they filmed the beach shootout, local media made mention of it...brings back memories of the beach and those "high rise" 80's bikinis:hot:....but I sure don't miss seeing the old fat guys in a speedo!:D:D

post-620-13892963168548_thumb.jpg

[COLOR="Yellow"">

"Count Mareno"...priceless! I was living in Fort Lauderdale when they filmed the beach shootout' date=' local media made mention of it...brings back memories of the beach and those "high rise" 80's bikinis:hot:....but I sure don't miss seeing the old fat guys in a speedo!:D:D[/color']

I believe that one of the girls in bikinis (white bikini) in your photos was the one the bad guys drove next to, and held her hand while driving.