wearing white shoes after labor day (in Miami)

Guest myonlyvice

That rule has been broken so many times over the years. :)I never follow that "rule". I wear white whenever the sun in warm, and the skys are blue.

Guest myonlyvice
That rule has been broken so many times over the years. :)I never follow that "rule". I wear white whenever the sun in warm' date=' and the skys are blue.[/quote'] Thanks, bro. I wore a Crockett outfit today and it crossed my mind I might have to retire it until March. :thumbsdown:

Thanks' date=' bro. I wore a Crockett outfit today and it crossed my mind I might have to retire it until March. :thumbsdown:[/quote']Trust me, nobody cares if you wear white after labor day. That is a thing of the past.It went out with men wearing fedora hats.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest myonlyvice
Long as you don't run into "Serial Mom"' date=' you're good.She considers wearing white after Labor Day an serious offense, punishable by death. :sick:[/quote'] That's precisely why I'm asking. :) I loved this movie. John Waters is a nut!

• 4 weeks later...

I think the newer rule of thumb in the fashion world is white is okay after labor day depending on the weather and where you live. I'm in Houston, Texas where it is 85 degrees, sunny, and clear in October. Sporting white in Boston right now would probably count as a faux pas.

Hey now...I still wear Fedora hats!!!:)

It looks great on you! :thumbsup:What I meant, was it's not the standard that men wear them everyday like they used to in the 20's, 30's and 40's.For you to wear them shows off your good taste, and class. :cheers:

Trust me' date=' nobody cares....It went out with men wearing fedora hats.[/quote'] I just bought a Fedora hat the other day LOL! I actually like that style! I'm a hat man! ...gotta look sharp!

I just bought a Fedora hat the other day LOL! I actually like that style! I'm a hat man! ...gotta look sharp!

I currently own two INDIANA JONES fedora hats. I'm a huge INDIANA JONES and STAR WARS fan, so I gotta own stuff like that. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

We wear white all year in Florida, so no worries here, nobody notices the difference. A number of years ago I wore the classic Sonny Crockett white suit with pastel shirt to our company Christmas party and few people even took notice. There were a few Miami Vice fan compliments however :-)