Best Vice Cinematography

Beach_Vice

I'm new here and one of the things I really like about Vice is the look. The effort put into it that is. Color and camera angle really frame a scene in this show. There are two scenes that I'll always remember from Vice because the look/feel of the shots. I was wondering what you guys think is your favorite.My favorite for Crockett is when he jumps out of the Daytona after chasing the rapist in 'Bought and paid for.' The way the camera pans around, the wind, the lighting, the color coordination in the wardrobe and background elements... I really love this shot and can't forget it.My favorite for Tubbs is in 'No exit,' when Phil Collins' 'I don't care anymore' is playing and you see Tubbs checking the merchandise on the ship at night. The camera is low so the light reflects on Tubbs glasses from his hat and it looks, well, I'll just say the lighting is awesome. The camera angle is so cool that it pans from Tubbs to Willis' character, and then focuses in on the guard high up on another deck. A very carefully designed shot. I love that stuff! A hell of a great shot if you ask me.How about you?

some of the cinematography in early Season 3 from "Stone's War" and "El Viego" was so good it was film-like. The cinematography when C&T went by boat to the Bahamas in "Calderone's Return" was similar to the 2006 movie. :D

some of the cinematography in early Season 3 from "Stone's War" and "El Viego" was so good it was film-like. The cinematography when C&T went by boat to the Bahamas in "Calderone's Return" was similar to the 2006 movie. :D

I have to agree on Calderone's Return, or anything that Paul Michael Glaser directed for MV, which also includes Prodigal Son and Smuggler's Blues.

Guest myonlyvice

I've always been a fan of that scene from "One Eyed Jack" on the St. Vitus at dawn. Beautiful sky and great camaraderie between Tubbs, Crockett, and Gina. One of my favorites of the series.