How did Sonny know what name to use....

Icemanmike

When he answered the phone? Yeah, Burnett or Crockett? I've wondered this way back when the show was originally on the air. At OCB, the car or the boat...he always seemed right on:rolleyes:...Mike

Guest myonlyvice
When he answered the phone? Yeah' date=' Burnett or Crockett? I've wondered this way back when the show was originally on the air. At OCB, the car or the boat...he always seemed right on:rolleyes:...Mike[/quote'] As long as Sonny always answered "Burnett" he was safe. I don't think it happened very often but there must have been an instance when he answered a non-secure phone as "Crockett" because he "magically" knew it was a friend/colleague. If this did occur, how would Sonny know it was safe? Sometimes he said "yeah?" to answer the phone which is ambiguous enough. Frequently, when calls from people C&T were dealing with undercover would come into OCB, there would be a special phone set up in the strategy room. Can somebody name specific instances of when Sonny safely answered one of his phones as "Crockett" when he had no reason, other than the magic of TV, to do so?