Why "Crockett"?

cheetah

May be it was discussed here before, I don't know... but I can't really understand why Rico, when he wants to warn Sonny of sudden danger or something, always screams "Crockett!!!"? ?( And actually blows his partner's cover, if you come to think of it... because he often does it in front of the criminals, and if somebody by any accident would pay attention... ?( Just noticed it once again in "Smugglers Blues", when they got in trouble on the street. It's probably hard to remember a cover name in an emergency situation, but why couldn't he just scream "Sonny" instead, like he actually called Crockett while speaking to him? (Friends usually call each other by their first names most of the time, right?) What do you folks think?

• Administrators

Perhaps screaming their real names while undercover is their way of letting their partner know that it's a life or death situation? I mean in most of those situations the alternative to having their cover blown is death.Sonny has also done it. In "The Prodigal Son" at Club Delirious Sonny yells out "TUBBS!" when the guy comes out of the kitchen with the machine gun.

Well, it may make some sense... ?( I tended to think that it was just a weird constant "blooper" of the script writers, but maybe it was really done on purpose, who knows... ?(By the way, does anyone remember - how Crockett called his first partner in "Brother's Keeper" (I mean the guy who was killed at the beginning, forgot his name), screaming right before the explosion, when he saw the bomb?

By the way' date=' does anyone remember - how Crockett called his first partner in "Brother's Keeper" (I mean the guy who was killed at the beginning, forgot his name), screaming right before the explosion, when he saw the bomb?[/quote'] He shouted "Eddie!"

• Administrators

Well I do remember Sonny using Eddie's real name with Corky before the explosion. I would think they would use their real 1st names most of the time just so they wouldn't screw up. Hence the names Sonny Burnett & Rico Cooper.