HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Thanks!!!Thank you very much for remembering about me, I'm really touched especially as most people seem to avoid me now - as if misery was contagious... Yes, I've just turned 42 but no more happy birthdays for me, though - it's all over for ever... My Mum is terminally ill and can't even talk to me anymore although she understands what I'm saying... My beloved dog who (he's not "which" to me!) was my faithful companion got suddenly paralyzed last Friday evening - don't know if the vet can help him, will see tomorrow when the clinic opens after the weekend... And I'm still looking for an extra job, with no luck so far... Hope at least you're having a nice Sunday... No presents, no party, no birthday cake but I may treat myself to another MV episode tonight if I don't cry myself to sleep before - as I'm usually doing these days... I'm being pathetic, sorry, you all meant well...

• Administrators

Wow! So sorry to hear that your having such a bad time right now.:eek:I hope your luck gets better. Your MV family will always be here for you. Your in our prayers.

Despite your bad luck at this time, I wish you a happy birthday, Brenda.:prost::cake::gift::flowers:I hope that things will get better for you soon.My dog has had a stroke two years ago. He was also paralysed and my vet told me that we would give him 24 hours until we had to decide whether he should die. But he recovered and no one who sees him now can believe that he´d been so ill.Hopefully, the same will happen to your best friend! I keep my fingers cross for him and include him into my prayers.

as most people seem to avoid me now - as if misery was contagious...

I was SO sorry to read it, but I know by experience (6 years passed, but it still hurts), people are afraid, you may ask them for something. No matter for what: advice, help, money, anyhting. And they are afraid, that they may have to say no. They are afraid to hurt you, they just don't know how to handle such situations.Don't blame them... they just don't know what to doWe are with you, hang on!

Brenda I wish you lots of strenght the coming time!But don't be afraid to ask for help. It is just like inglk said People don't always know what to do in these kind of circumstances or how to help you.

Thank you once more... When I read your kind words of reassurance, I feel like Switek being cheered up by Sonny in "Hard Knocks" ("We'll help you, Stan. H***, we're your partners!") But well, I didn't do anything bad to deserve this whole series of bad things happening at the same time, did I? Thanks for being there, pals. :flowers:

But well' date=' I didn't do anything bad to deserve this whole series of bad things happening at the same time, did I? Thanks for being there, pals. :flowers:[/quote'] What can I say? Maybe somebody wants us to become wiser after all these?PS. In my 36 I sometimes feel as if I were a boa-constrictor from "Mowgli". Somebody who knows everything beforehand...