Actor Tony Curtis, Dead @ 85!

Vicechic84

Say hello to Tony from me, MomI just love "Some Like it Hot" and I'll never get tired of watching it. Somehow I thought that he had died some years before, just like Jack Lemmon. I just wanted to share this news with my Mom as we both liked him a lot. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to tell her about him or anyone or anything at all as she died (not "passed away" as her last day was full of horrible suffering in spite of medication) with me at her bedside over two days ago... Perhaps she has just met him up there, as well as Marilyn and Jack... It feels so weird and devastating to be an orphan, someone with no relatives left at all. I wouldn't be able to write about it just like that, if I wasn't on antidepressants... :( :( :( :( :(

• Administrators

Brenda, you have my condolences on the loss of your mother. I went through that too. I know how tough it is.RIP Tony!

Sorry about your Mom, Brenda. My Dad died 10 yrs. ago & I still miss him..........think about the good times with your parents!I hope they are all enjoying each other's company in Heaven.

Sorry to learn of your loss Brenda. Mine died over a year ago and I still miss her. Our mothers are the closest being to angels we have.

O/T - sorry Tony C.I feel guilty now writing about my personal trauma in this thread, especially as I liked Tony Curtis a lot. I'd like to thank all of you who wrote such kind words here and in private messages for your concern and understanding. Within a couple of days I'd like to answer all PMs that I got from you. You are really great and being there I don't feel so lonely 24/7 (just 23,5/7 :/). Meanwhile, I need to have the funeral service arranged and then I guess "I'll scrape and polish, and fix everything on the boat that needs to be scraped or polished and fixed..." Seriously, it's very hard and I feel too lethargic to drag myself off my bed but I need to be back at work on Monday... Perhaps I'll also undergo some sort of "Crockett -> Burnett" change? A long, terminal illness and death - which always comes too early, (even though you have been warned many times before) transfix you for ever, now I know this and I'm scared of the future and afraid of myself...

Perhaps I'll also undergo some sort of "Crockett -> Burnett" change? .

It's VERY unlikely.But for some time you are going to have bad associations. For me they were snow, fir-trees and starlight nights. Now I don't mind snow and fir-trees, but at first it was really difficult

• Administrators
I feel guilty now writing about my personal trauma in this thread' date=' especially as I liked Tony Curtis a lot. I'd like to thank all of you who wrote such kind words here and in private messages for your concern and understanding. Within a couple of days I'd like to answer all PMs that I got from you. You are really great and being there I don't feel so lonely 24/7 (just 23,5/7 :/)[/quote']Condolences on your loss. I don't mean to be unsympathetic but can I suggest creating a separate topic or, as you said, express your thanks via Private Messages? Let's give Tony his due here.

Watched The Boston Strangler on dvd yesterday, still creeps me out after all these yrs.For me, it's Curtis's best film performance.One that he was extremely proud of and rightfully so.